Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ratings Out Of Ten For The Summer So Far In Your Location!

Ratings Out Of Ten For The Summer So Far In Your Location!  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Out Of Ten What Would You Rate This Summer So Far At Your Location?

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Distictly average overall, so rate of 5.

Great dry, warm and sunny June, followed by a cloudy and very wet July, with little warmth. August will be the decider.

Posted

I give it a 6 out of 10. June was a good month for sunshine and dry weather and some warm days but we also had some quite cool days. July conversely has been very poor and on its own I would rate this month 3 out of 10. So it is largely due to June I give the summer 6 out of 10. An August similiar to July would push it down to probably 4 out of 10 at best.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Despite very poor storm rise i rated here an 8. On the whole weve had lots of very warm, sunny days, often Hot at times. Rain has been hard to come by with a little recently though the next week looks rather dry again here.

You may think 8 is high for few storms but the summer for proper dry and sunny and warm weather has been really spot on for a number of occasions. :)

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

For me June would be 9/10 and July so far would be 7/10 so the summer so far here is a very respectable 8/10. 2009 was a rather good 7/10, 2008 was 5/10 and 2007 an incredibly poor 2/10. As i dont look for thunderstorms as much as some its not the lack of storms thats brought my rating down. Its the more unsettled weather we've had of late. But on the whole its been a very good summer so far with an abundance of sunny and warm days, although July so far has tended to be more cloudy than June.

Posted

0/10; It's been incessantly warm and dry. I would have given a score of 1 on the strength of the rain in early June but the accursed Azores high looks like re-aserting itself once more and will more than sour the memory of that distant pluviality.

I had a guess it was going to be you who voted zero :)

Not to bad here, far better than the last few summers. Many pleasant days with some decent heat at times. The only real disappointment has been the lack of storms. Another negative has been the recent windy weather which doesn't do well for the baskets or the lilies! I'm hoping for something hot before i go to Egypt on the 8th :)

7/10

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Probably a 6so far. June was a pretty good month with good amounts of sunshine but July somewhat disappointing with a fair bit of rain and cloud.

Posted
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme winter cold,heavy bowing snow,freezing fog.Summer 2012
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet

4/10: I have enjoyed some of the few pleasant sunny days with temperatures around 18c. But on the whole it has been far to warm and dry for my liking. Also, if I had left the garden to natures own devices and not constantly watered, my veg would have been completely stunted or dead, due to the lack of rain. :lol:

Posted

Well June was OK so I gave that 7/10 but July is garbage, very dull so it has 2 /10, so the overall score is 4.5.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

I gave a 6 even though its been a very good summer and much improved with heat, dry and pleasant weather it would of made it alot more better if there was a lot more thunderstorms :drinks:

Posted

June by far the best month 8/10

July a dimal 2/10 so far,reminds me of typical julys of the 2000 with current HP just where it is bringing us no mans land weather and light rain/drizzle in HP too,but this july is cloudier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

7/10 for me too. Might have been a 9 if we'd had some storms?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

8 for me also....it has been good for my job as an aerial installer..... but I like many of us on here crave a good storm.....havent seen one this year....yet :doh:

Posted

Last July was exceptionally wet but I`d rate it higher to this one much more excitment thunder/hot thundery week 7/10 there hasn`t even given a settled spell yet this month,light rain every other day and no thunder just muggy dampness and overcast it may end up as 1/10.

Posted

IMO to rate summer it obviously relates to what one thinks summer should be ....

.... For me that is largely settled, occasional frontal rainfall, some heat and thundery activity.

Therefore so far this summer is an 8, and it's only down from a 10 because 1 mark is removed for lack of

thundery activity and another for the rarity of frontal rainfall.

I know it's been pretty poor in the NW/Ireland/Scotland in July, but here has seen an occurence which the

last few summers haven't provided and that is plenty of warm, sunny days. Even in the previous 2 'unsettled'

weeks there have been days of 27c+ with plenty of sunshine. And after a few wetter days at the end of last week

(which gave rare, sporadic thundery activity) Saturday, yesterday and today have been dry, very warm and with

plenty of sunshine.

IMO to rate summer it obviously relates to what one thinks summer should be ....

.... For me that is largely settled, occasional frontal rainfall, some heat and thundery activity.

Therefore so far this summer is an 8, and it's only down from a 10 because 1 mark is removed for lack of

thundery activity and another for the rarity of frontal rainfall.

I know it's been pretty poor in the NW/Ireland/Scotland in July, but here has seen an occurence which the

last few summers haven't provided and that is plenty of warm, sunny days. Even in the previous 2 'unsettled'

weeks there have been days of 27c+ with plenty of sunshine. And after a few wetter days at the end of last week

(which gave rare, sporadic thundery activity) Saturday, yesterday and today have been dry, very warm and with

plenty of sunshine.

Posted

Have given it a 9/10 and only missed out on full marks due to lack of Thunderstorms.

We have had a BBQ Every Weekend whereas I had 2 last year all Summer Long. The temp here in Essex has not dropped below 20c (Daytime) since some time in June, and not too hot also with 2 days at 30c +.

Only registered 4 days with notable rainfall so days out have just not been affected.

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Up to this point I will rate summer at 8 out of 10. We have had good spells of dry often sunny weather and it has been pleasantly warm too, i would have gone for a 9 but we havent actually hit 30C, but coming close on a few occasions. Also the last week or 2 has seen the cloudy conditions dominate more over the sunshine making things feel a lot more muggy and sticky.

Posted

I'm down grading Julie's score now to 1/10, meaning that the summer so far gets 4/10 from me.

Ratings for the year so far from me:

Jan: 2/10

Feb: 1/10

Mar: 3/10

Apr: 6/10

May: 4/10

Jun: 7/10

Jul: 1/10

Average: 3.4

As compared with the score for 2008: 5.3/10

And score for 2009: 3.4

So far we need to see a huge improvement to get a decent score. Last year also received a poor score, as I base scores on the amount of weather I like (thunderstorms and heat) as well as variation in weather conditions, which this year and last have seen nothing of (where I live).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Looking at those scores against your preferences, perhaps consider moving?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I have an ongoing, revised "good weather scores" system for Cleadon's weather based on giving each third of a month a score out of 10, adding them together and dividing by 3. I think it helps address the "selective memory syndrome" issue but doesn't compress the results anywhere near as much as taking an average of the daily scores (like I used to, which was overkill- a month is often so much more, or less, than the sum of its individual days!).

I'm often away from Cleadon these days, so such months can only be approximate, but since I move around the country a lot it's good to compare like with like.

Anyway, Cleadon's scores for Summers 2007-09 were: 2007 5.2, 2008 4.5, 2009 5.9. June 2010 scored 6.2 (highest since 2006) and July is looking likely to land somewhere between 5 and 6. But re. moving, summer weather in Norwich usually scores 1 to 2 points higher than in Cleadon and this year is no exception.

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

I'm down grading Julie's score now to 1/10, meaning that the summer so far gets 4/10 from me.

Ratings for the year so far from me:

Jan: 2/10

Feb: 1/10

Mar: 3/10

Apr: 6/10

May: 4/10

Jun: 7/10

Jul: 1/10

Average: 3.4

As compared with the score for 2008: 5.3/10

And score for 2009: 3.4

So far we need to see a huge improvement to get a decent score. Last year also received a poor score, as I base scores on the amount of weather I like (thunderstorms and heat) as well as variation in weather conditions, which this year and last have seen nothing of (where I live).

Poor Julie, I hope she doesn't mind.

Posted

June was defo 10/10 , july so far prob 3/10 but because of a couple of really good storms in the last couple of weeks ill bring it up to an overall total of 7/10. If GFS is right I might be increasing that in August!