Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ratings Out Of Ten For The Summer So Far In Your Location!

Ratings Out Of Ten For The Summer So Far In Your Location!  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Out Of Ten What Would You Rate This Summer So Far At Your Location?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

It's been great, but I'd say 7... only because there has been a lack of any real heat unlike past good summers. Also, the benchmark at this point would have been 2006 which would have been very close to 10/10.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

8 for me since it's been mostly spot on with only a handful of poor days.

I come to my ratings based on...

Positives:

- Days & evenings I can wear shorts (countless this year)

- Number of BBQ's (4 or 5 so far inc some in spring)

- How often I can comfortably sit outside the pub early evening and bonus points for late night outside comfort. Triple points for late night in shorts! (this year: lots early evening, a couple late evening inc 1 in shorts).

- Times I've had my dinner outside (many)

- Good thunderstorms occurring at the right times! (two)

- Baking hot cloudless sunny days leading into very warm nights (only one or two of these)

Negatives:

- Special events ruined by rain/cold (none)

- Times soaked going to/from work (one but on a Friday eve so didn't care!)

- Times any kind of coat was needed (so far only once since May)

- Sub 16c maxima on days coupled with thick cloud and drizzle (two the other week)

To get 9 or 10 we'd need more 30c+ temp days of which there have been very few this year although I don't really mind too much with the current warm, dry reliable weather. We could also do with less cloud cover at times to put it into a perfect summer category.

Summer 2010 so far goes down as reliably dry and warm although rarely too hot - a consistent summer where you can properly enjoy the outdoors lifestyle over a long period without constantly fretting about what the weather will do.

Posted

6/10

It would have a been a 9 in late June, but the revolting NW/SE split which set in thereafter has ruined the past month. In absolute terms however, it hasn't been too bad with only the last week or so having been truly awful.

Edited by AderynCoch

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Not many sunny days, horribly sticky nights. Rain.

Lovely May and June though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

7 here, had a fair bit of sun and heat, but a big lack in storms! also had a fair few cloudy days where its not been so warm!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

7/10. Mainly because of the long period of pleasantly warm weather, although I do recall a period of very warm weather which kind of ruined it a bit. The lack of storms is also a downpoint, but I think we had some while I was on my hols. Not bad so far, but I still prefer winter by a country mile. And after experiencing 35c+ with high humidity in Florida, I don't think I will be moaning about British heat any time soon!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

0/10; It's been incessantly warm and dry. I would have given a score of 1 on the strength of the rain in early June but the accursed Azores high looks like re-aserting itself once more and will more than sour the memory of that distant pluviality.

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Ive given a 7 for this location (South Shields) as there's been pleasant to warm conditions(mostly) and those pesky North-easterlies haven't been as frequent as in the past bringing in low cloud and cool gloomy conditions.....Now ive said that i bet i get a few weeks of 'gloom..!!

Posted

Hi...I'm new and I'd just like to say what a pleasure it is finding this forum...I love meteorology..have done since I was a kid..for me this summer has been an"8"..sat outside/played tabletennis/badminton,many times in the evening,went camping and didnt get a breath of wind,and got very sweaty working(vending engineer)..like many of you I've missed a nice thunderstorm,in fact(solihull)I've only heard thunder on one occasion..dont you just love those afternoons when you start to see a bit of middle level instability,its warm and humid and you know there will be CB's about...ps we have a teriffic weather station here,anyone can log on.....cheers rick

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

4 it has been awfull only about 30 days of 20c so far and after june it has just rained, rained and rained, not one sunny day really.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Hi...I'm new and I'd just like to say what a pleasure it is finding this forum...I love meteorology..have done since I was a kid..for me this summer has been an"8"..sat outside/played tabletennis/badminton,many times in the evening,went camping and didnt get a breath of wind,and got very sweaty working(vending engineer)..like many of you I've missed a nice thunderstorm,in fact(solihull)I've only heard thunder on one occasion..dont you just love those afternoons when you start to see a bit of middle level instability,its warm and humid and you know there will be CB's about...ps we have a teriffic weather station here,anyone can log on.....cheers rick

A warm welcome to the forum!

If you could pop your location into your profile/avatar that'd help everyone to know what area you are reporting the weather from.

Happy posting!

Posted

for sun...Im going for 8 out of 10......excellent sun here on and off from May

though realy we ahvent had a great deal of rain...

lost two confiers that were yrs old...shows how bad it realy is....

-10 for storms

Edited by Pat Carter

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

I have given it a 4 so far, though August could push that to a 7. Location is near Leeds.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

I've given it a seven as there as June produced copious sunshine and warmth and this warmth continued into July, albeit with lower sunshine hours. Admittedly, if I was here between 12th and 22nd it could be lower due to the rain but I was in Spain and the result has been a softer lawn to walk on. However, there haven't been any classic thundery lows or thunderstorms at all, despite a flash and a few bangs not overhead on arriving back in England on Thursday. I do commend this summer's lack of raging SWerlies or Werlies.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and lots of Heavy snow!

The Summer so far here in the North West started off well in May and June with a good run of some nice warm weeks that came with it below average rainfall and the hosepipe ban . July though has seen sadly a return to atlantic based weather with the past week being paticulary wet with some very heavy downpours. August may bring with it some nicer weather but I am not that hopeful so I would give this Summer a 5 out of 10.

Edited by SNOW GO

Posted

Well June gets an 8 from me and this month a 4 as its been pretty poor for here, very low levels of sunshine.

June would of got a 9 if there had been any real heat or storms.

So overall i guess a 6 so far.

Posted

I would give this summer so far a 7 out of 10, mainly thanks to the weather in June. There has been some poor days but overall it has not been too bad. Typical British Summer really.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I'd give it an 8 in Norwich, the period 22nd June to 6th July had a good deal of hot sunshine, and there were some significant convective events on the 6th and 8th June and again on the 22nd July.

I don't think the score would be as high for anywhere in northern or western Britain though.

With the exception of the past 4 so weeks,I have spent the late winter, spring and early summer in Languedoc.

There the weather was mixed with some lovely clear cloudless skies with temps getting towards the mid thirties intermixed with some cloudy rainy patches with quite cool (low 20's) for that part of the world and season with some chilly evenings.

There we were on the south side of the high which stretched over the UK which allowed some unsettled bits to creep in. So I would give it, say 6, for there, since there was unseasonable cool weather at times for this part of France - not forgetting the snow storm :lol: we had in March :drinks:, which was a shock to the system but looked very pretty - white ground with an azure sky. Even so I was glad that we had air con installed in the new house. There were some times when we needed it. Since I left the max temperature has been up towards the mid 30's a lot of the time. B)

http://www.villarenters.com/rent-villas/france/capestang/l%2527hirondelle-69266

Since we arrived back in the UK, the weather for Watford has been mostly warm, occasionally getting towards hot, variable cloud with the occasional sprinkling of rain. The grass is still mostly brown with just some green from recent rain. I would give it 7 for here. Better than the 3 previous years when there was more rain. Fortunately we are in what is at the moment the favoured SE, with the max varying between, say a little over 20C on the cooler days to about 30C on the hotter days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Bar the last couple of weeks, where we have experienced some torrential convective downpours, summer has just been plain boringness with a perpetual lack of anything interesting......then again so was spring! Endless days of no rain, identical weather conditions day afrer day means that a score of 4 from me; and that's only due to the past two weeks which I have quite enjoyed radar watching! Being a weather enthusiast means I like a bit of severe weather to get my teeth into :drinks: !!

Aaron

Edited by CreweCold