Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Weather Station Advice!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

I am thinking of purchasing this weather station ready for winter. A brand new station. Yay!

I was wondering if the make was any good, and if it will give me accurate readings.

Thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SmartWeather-Advanced-PC-Pro-Wireless-Weather-Station-/360281666759?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Gadgets&hash=item53e275f4c7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

You know, i was looking at that yesterday and it looks good :D I have orded one so i'll tell you when i get it :lol:

Posted

Thanks alot mate, much appreciated. Let me know how the readings compare to the actual readings on places like XC weather and Wunderground. It isnt worth me saving £90 up just to find that it's a piece of utter garbage!

Edited by Backtrack

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

Yeah, I hope it is good...

Posted

It looks like a WH1081 or similar rebranded.

They're OK for the money, you can connect to PC which some cheaper ones won't do.

Maplins had similar ones for sale recently.

Posted

Thanks! :lol:

Posted

I agree with 4wd. Got one that looks like this ones predecessor for Xmas last year. Works well, allows you to download to your PC and you can then customise the data to what you want to look at. You can also save the data for other uses. My ones' onboard memory allows it to save up to 90 days at a time before downloading, and the batteries I have in mine are the originals from Dec 2009!

I would say good value for money!

Posted

Thanks alot. :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Guys, Where is the best place to get a weather station that records just outside/inside Temperature & Humidity?

Posted

eBay.

• 5 weeks later...
Posted

Hi all iv got the new WMR100N complete weather station, i have not used it yet, does anyone else have this station if so is it a good one? :winky:

Thanks for your time.

Also does anyone know where i can get wall brackets for the mounting pole.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Hi all iv got the new WMR100N complete weather station, i have not used it yet, does anyone else have this station if so is it a good one? :winky:

Thanks for your time.

Also does anyone know where i can get wall brackets for the mounting pole.

Im buying the same weather station next week and its all included for me im buying it from http://www.weathershop.co.uk/shop/oregon-scientific-wmr100n-weather-station.html :) Im unsure about were you can get wall brackets for mounting the pole as mine are included sorry.

The wind and temperature/humidity sensors include a full mounting kit that allows them to be wall mounted, or integrated on the included stand-alone PVC pole. It also has the option of mounting the temperature/humidity sensor independently in a different location from the wind sensor.

The solar cell can supply both wind and temperature/humidity sensors or just one sensor with the other battery powered.

The remote rain gauge includes a level ground indicator for easy installation.

Posted

Thanks yeah i wanted to get like to brackets fitted to the wall so i can have it all on the PVC pole but high up aswel like on the side of the house.

Posted

Thanks yeah i wanted to get like to brackets fitted to the wall so i can have it all on the PVC pole but high up aswel like on the side of the house.

Were did you buy yours from? and is this what you looking for http://www.weathershop.co.uk/shop/1102-installation.html ?

Posted

UK Weather Shop.

Yes thats exactly what im looking for thanks do they have more than 1 to pick from.

So the same shop Im going to buy mine from and its not included, how will i set it up then they sed its all included :winky:

http://www.weathershop.co.uk/shop/1103-installation.html there is a similar item but a touch cheaper and I dont think so

Posted

So the same shop Im going to buy mine from and its not included, how will i set it up then they sed its all included :winky:

http://www.weathersh...stallation.html there is a similar item but a touch cheaper and I dont think so

Thanks. Well im not 100% sure the best way but id say in the open high up.

Posted

Thanks. Well im not 100% sure the best way but id say in the open high up.

Will I be able to set the weather station up fully with the space I have in pictures attached with everything that comes with the weatherstation ? or will I have a similar problem to you?

post-8891-033935800 1282604315_thumb.jpg

post-8891-026270800 1282604322_thumb.jpg

post-8891-073665600 1282604401_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

Is the w8681 weather station good? I am only aloud to spend like £80 and i want a good one that gives you, humidity, temperature data to the nearest 0.1c, dewpoint, wind speeds and directions, Rain gathered that day and a thing where all your weather goes on the computer... btw what is temperature resolution?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud formations

I am thinking of purchasing this weather station ready for winter. A brand new station. Yay!

I was wondering if the make was any good, and if it will give me accurate readings.

Thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item53e275f4c7

I would be a little wary about having all sensors on one pole, mainly because having the temp sensor in the open I'm sure it would give false readings in bright sun (my LC 2350 did) until I moved the sensor into a shaded area of the garden, not too many probs now. I also read where the ideal height for a rain gauge is about 1 meter from ground level. Other thatn these few observations, it doesn't look too bad a piece of kit.

Posted

My understanding is that all these mid-range weather stations should report the temperature fairly accurately, assuming you can locate the sensor in a suitable position. You could improve that further by building yourself a small screen for it (there's a thread on this somewhere). The main difference is the wind speeds recorded will be far lower than the actual value, as they normally provide an average over a 30 second period. Even a Vantage Pro, like a few of us have, only provides an average over a 5 second period, which means that peak gusts could go unrecorded.

Posted

i recently purchased the smartweather pro weather station from ebay and so far seems so good. have yet to find the rite place in garden for the temp sensor as its too high and in the sun during the day but the nite time mins seem to be farely accurate. good value for money i think,

Posted

anyone tried this model from Maplins?looks a good deal to me.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=223254#spec

yep, I've got one. Batteries last longer than 12 months, the wifi range is heavily dependent on how thick your walls are and, same as all these weather stations, the temperature sensor needs to be kept out of the sun, the actual screen is nowhere near big enough.

It worked out of the box, the only problems I had with it are the rain gauge seems to have got stuck in the last month ( I've had it heading up 2 years) and I replaced the software it comes with with a shareware program called Cumulus after I was getting weird rain gauge readings that seemed to be software glitches.