Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

A Record Breaking June?

Posted

at month end it will be interesting to see the weather stats from those with weather stations.

also to read on a national and regional level how Philip Eden judges the month.

Posted

All thanks to those heavy thundery showers earlier this month this June has only made the driest for 2 years only.

2008 gave 2inches this month 2.6",but it has been more noteworthy sunny very warm humid feeling 15days,2 days with some rain nearer the end not amounting too much.

2006 june gave just 1.2"

This June has been really very nice, but I don't think it is anywhere near as hot as June 1960 and probably just in the top 10 driest Junes since 1959. I've no idea where it will come out in the sunshine stakes...but I'm guessing that's not a record.

Posted

June 2006 was just 0.6inches rain or 15mm not 1.2"

A good many days above 20c this month but not as high of temps to last June`s maxes

A record breaking June?

Not even close.

It is not going to be the driest, the warmest nor the sunniest.

Yes i wholeheartedly agree Mr Data, very misleading thread title when it wasn't even close and the first ten days had some awful days i remember clearly, on the other hand January 2010 was a classic month with stats from yourself to back it up :unsure:

I remember some of the stats for periods in the winter you gave were very impressive indeed,, nothing that impressive about this summer so far thats for sure and i'm in the west midlands which is warmer than the north.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Not record breaking but a very nice month nevertheless, and about time too. We've had almost 2 weeks of predominantly dry and sunny weather with only a bit of rain that came a couple of nights ago. On the back of the last 3 summers that is pretty notable and i hope we've now turned a corner towards experiencing better than average summers in the coming years.

As for the comparison with January. They are totally different months with totally different weather types. Of course those who love exciting weather will have liked January. However give me sunshine and warmth any day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

A pleasant month, on the whole it wasn't too warm but some of the nights were uncomfortable. Would obviously prefer to go back in time to January but it was quite a nice summer month as far as summer months go for me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

The warmest and driest June since 2006 here and the 4th warmest in the last 33 years.

The second half of June was the driest since 1992 with only 1.2 mm of rain recorded.

Remarkably it was the sunniest June since 1989 and this despite the first half of the month recording only just over 57 hours of sunshine.

Edited by Terminal Moraine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

... so in reality some short term records WERE broken ... kinda makes the 'misleading title' (eugene) correct then! :drinks:

and i had the most 25c+ days since 1976... so im happy ! :drinks:

Edited by mushymanrob

Posted

A fairly decent June here, it did seem very dry and wasn't short on sunshine. The only letdowns were the complete lack of thunder (despite several of what seemed like "3 fine days and a thunderstorm" setups), and the way several days were spoilt by cloud building up around midday and hanging around till 7pm. Also I felt that with the setups available we could have got at least one 30C instead of constantly being pegged back to 25-26.

Probably on a par with the better Junes of the 90s/early 00s, eg 1996 and 2003- also June 2004 which nobody has mentioned was a decent month till about the 22nd. June 2010 didn't however surpass 2005 overall which was a fantastic June: bags of sunshine with cold nights/warm days to start, a 2-week heatwave to finish, and the best thunderstorm of the 2000s on the 19th.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just checked the latest Met-O update to the weather station records for my local area (Paisley) and we've had the warmest June since 1960. That's pretty remarkable. It was also the warmest month since July 2006.