sunny scunny

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Dry partly cloudy start,

Temp 11.9c

Humidity 84%

Dewpoint 9.2c

Posted

dry with a N'ly breeze and 3/4 cover of Sc, min was 9.4C, 11.2C now with a 4.2C dewpoint, so it will feel cool today in that breeze I'm sure.

Posted

Northerly breeze odd spot of drizzle.

Temp 6.9C

Should get very close to a air frost tonight in sheltered locations in the North, ie Shap Fell.

Mark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Dry with sunny intervals but feeling decidedly cool. The temp' is 8.9c after a min' of 6.8c.

Mean wind speed is 16 mph N, gusting to 31 mph.

3 oktas cu and stcu at 0800 g.m.t but cloud amounts are very variable between 2 and 7 oktas.

Vis' over 80 km.

Rainfall in 24 hrs ending 0800 g.m.t, 0.6 mm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Temp: 12.3 °C

Mostly Cloudy

Humidity:

72%

Dew Point:

7 °C

Wind:

8.0 km/h / 2.2 m/s from the NNE

Wind Gust:

8.0 km/h

Pressure:

1017.2 hPa (Steady)

Visibility:

10.0 kilometers

UV:

4 out of 16

Clouds:

Mostly Cloudy 792 m

(Above Ground Level)

Posted

Castlebay Isle Of Barra

Outdoor temp 12.7c

Outdoor humidity 70%

Pressure 1025.1mb

Wind direction North

Wind speed 18mph

Cloud Height 2296ft

Wet Bulb 10.0c

Total rainfall This Month 10.2mm

Dew Point 7.1c

Wind Chill 7.5c

Weather Partly cloudy sunny dry bright

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

Well, its sunny outside, with 40mph wind gusts and a temperature of 12c... thats awfull for midday june. Thank god its going to be warmer next week in the mid tweenties, unlike this week. EDIT: Its just been downgraded... what the hell do i have to do to get a couple of weeks of mid tweenties without wind!

Edited by frostyjoe

Posted

Well, its sunny outside, with 40mph wind gusts and a temperature of 12c... thats awfull for midday june. Thank god its going to be warmer next week in the mid tweenties, unlike this week.

not mid 20s for you. More like average if anything and it only looks like you need to be in england and wales for any decent weather. Ireland and scotrland is going to be under that low next week.

It was freezing in that wind this morning really does not feel like june today, thankfully 18c will feel pretty warm tomorrow compared to todays weather.

Well, its sunny outside, with 40mph wind gusts and a temperature of 12c... thats awfull for midday june. Thank god its going to be warmer next week in the mid tweenties, unlike this week. EDIT: Its just been downgraded... what the hell do i have to do to get a couple of weeks of mid tweenties without wind!

you was never forecast mid 20s. Even if it was mid 20s where you are without wind, you would complain. i recall you saying at the end of may in the hot spell that you only got 25 and was annoyed that you could not even get 26c. so what is the point. I wish people would take notice of the charts because nothing has been downgraded but extended! just warning you, because you are talking about n ireland getting mid 20s but i cannot see it myself and i am warnign you because i dont want you coming on here next week complaining about somethign that was not predicted to happen. On the other hand the gfs is crap at handling temps.

Edited by snowlover2009

Posted

not mid 20s for you. More like average if anything and it only looks like you need to be in england and wales for any decent weather. Ireland and scotrland is going to be under that low next week.

It was freezing in that wind this morning really does not feel like june today, thankfully 18c will feel pretty warm tomorrow compared to todays weather.

you was never forecast mid 20s. Even if it was mid 20s where you are without wind, you would complain. i recall you saying at the end of may in the hot spell that you only got 25 and was annoyed that you could not even get 26c. so what is the point. I wish people would take notice of the charts because nothing has been downgraded but extended!

No Ten minutes ago this website was forecasting me 21/22c from monday through to friday now it has downgraded it to 17c. which is freezing. I'm sorry but 12c ain't average we haven't had that for weeks here.

Posted

No Ten minutes ago this website was forecasting me 21/22c from monday through to friday now it has downgraded it to 17c. which is freezing. I'm sorry but 12c ain't average we haven't had that for weeks here.

yes but that is low 20s which is likely. it is 12c today which is pathetic for mid june IMO. you shoudl get into the 20s anyway if you have sun. 17 isnt freezing with the sun given how strong it is.

Edited by snowlover2009

Posted

yes but that is low 20s which is likely. it is 12c today which is pathetic for mid june IMO. you shoudl get into the 20s anyway if you have sun. 17 isnt freezing with the sun given how strong it is.

Yes but now they arn't giving us the low tweenties at all its the high teens all week, thats awfull i hate that, and since it'll probably be breezy here that'll be the mid teens!!!!!!!!! ugh!

Posted

Yes but now they arn't giving us the low tweenties at all its the high teens all week, thats awfull i hate that, and since it'll probably be breezy here that'll be the mid teens!!!!!!!!! ugh!

the low is slack so there should be hardly any wind and i just notice that the low does make no influence on most of the UK on ecm, it comes and then gos lettign high pressure come in, so dont be too worried. it should be ok. look:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/2190 may get the odd 23.

Posted
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme winter cold,heavy bowing snow,freezing fog.Summer 2012
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet

Cloudy with bright spells to begin with. More cloud breaks developed through the morning allowing good sunny spells, but feeling cool in the moderate northerly wind.

Sky: 4 Okta, Cumulus mediocris.

Temperature: 13.5°C

Wind Direction: Force 4 N.

Humidity: 60%

Barometer: 1020mb falling slowly.

Today's readings for the 24 hrs up to 0900 GMT:

Maximum temperature: 17.7°C

Minimum temperature: 7.3°C

Minimum temperature on grass: 3.4°C

Rainfall total: 1.3 mm

Yesterday:

A cloudier start than recent days, though dry. At observation, overcast dry and mild. There was a period of light rain from around lunchtime to early afternoon. Staying cloudy throughout. The temperature briefly touched 17.7c before the rain and then fell back to around 14c where it stayed for the rest of the afternoon.

June 2010 so far:

Mean temperature: 14.9c ( + 0.6c) of the local average)

Maximum temperature:26.3c on the 4th

Minimum temperature: 5.5c on the 15th

Grass Minimum: 2.1c on the 15th

Rainfall = 41.4 mm

Wettest 24 hours: 18.2mm on the 13th.

Maximum wind gust: 21.8mph ENE on the 4th.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010 so far:

Maximum temperature: 29.0 on the 23rd May.

Minimum temperature: –10.0 on the 7th January.

Grass Minimum: –12.6c on the 7th January

Rainfall: = 242.3mm

Wettest 24 hours: 19.7mm on the 22nd of January.

Maximum wind gust: 38mph, S 16th January.

Edited by Polar Continental

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Mostly cloudy and cooler than recent days

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Partly cloudy with a nasty cold wind blowing. Overnight low of 9.2c (cold!) now 14.9c - really not great for June!

Posted

Mostly cloudy with bright spells after some light showers this morning. Quite a keen northerly wind blowing.

Rather cold for mid-June with a temperature of 12.8C. The min last night was 9.1C.

0.6mm of rain so far.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Thank God for northerlies in Summer!

Once more the west is blessed, sunny spells and feeling rather warm in the garden, although its only 18c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Rather cool (max 13C at Norwich Airport so far) with sunny intervals and light showers, so not the dull drizzly kind of day I was expecting, but certainly as cool and windy as expected.

Posted

Today's the kind of day that comes straight from HELL, freezing, bitter wintry cold and only 12.4C by 2PM! I've known warmer days in January, in Greenland!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Today's the kind of day that comes straight from HELL, freezing, bitter wintry cold and only 12.4C by 2PM! I've known warmer days in January, in Greenland!

I can't help but feel that living at 1100 ft in the Peak District is not right for you, Richard. Have you moved here from somewhere much warmer?

Sunny intervals here and a fresh and chilly northerly wind. Temp' is 12.6c currently but I've known it to be considerably more 'wintry' than this, even in July and August.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

i think its ok to post this link here..

norway gales by the looks of it , thats the low thats bringing us in east cool nly flow if this was mid wintercold.gifeurope current winds speeds

Edited by nimbilus

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Neil Bradshaw in South Shields has reported a maximum of just 10.9C so far! If I get the same reading for Cleadon, it will be the lowest June maximum since 2000.

In Norwich sunny intervals have become more fleeting and showers have mutated into outbreaks of drizzle, which is what I'd expected today to be like.

Winds aren't gale force but they are notably strong for the time of year, particularly for inland parts of East Anglia and the southeast which are not traditionally very windy.

I agree that RichardR as a heat/warmth lover isn't best placed up in the Peak District. 12.4C there is not exceptional, not on a par with South Shields's 10.9C at any rate.