Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Potential - June 13Th >>>>

Posted

is that tewkesbury storm coming this way, been inside all day watching them film x factor, was very wet when we got out of nec in birmingham :unknw:

been watching it on the loop......and all can say its growing fast with very heavy rain.....could be our one or just a heavy shower

but its looking interesting

could this be the Glos storm forming

post-3696-12764606623365_thumb.txt

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Those Mammatus are Very good for the Uk (Some of the Best I have seen in fact)

Still not sure where the BBC Are getting there nasty storms for the Home Counties from for this evening? A few hundred Cape for instance with most Diurnal Storms over Wales now weakening. The Lincs Storms are forming from veering wind profiles with South Easterly and Easterly winds pushing up against Westerly winds and creating convergence, thus some Severe Storms expected over the next few hours here. Further South a few farts and Flashes possible in heavier showers i suppose.

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

How come the showers over wales are dying off? any chance they will pep up later, or is that it?

Posted

You confirmed that it was indeed a storm over Rutland/Peterborough earlier then :unknw:

Absolutely INCREDIBLE forks, bolts, C-C, rumbles that could be felt on the Richter Scale and my arid garden is now a prime des res for wildfowl everywhere! It's been going on here for at least forty minutes, and is still rumbling around and around! The peonies in the garden are dead, and the entire northern horizon is on fire!

** Adopts Jeremy Clarkson Mode **

POWEEEEEEEEER!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

been watching it on the loop......and all can say its growing fast with very heavy rain.....could be our one or just a heavy shower

but its looking interesting

could this be the Glos storm forming

Appears to be some more cells popping up now in top reaches of NW wales.

Thats a good sign.

Mamma look nice, But i dont like seeing them as it normally means the end of the storm

Edited by Lynxus

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder

Some good structure around Bicester earlier, filmed a storm to the south west.

Although too much rain now really for anything of any worth my time.

35d69ox.jpg

Posted

Appears to be some more cells popping up now in top reaches of NW wales.

Thats a good sign.

Mamma look nice, But i dont like seeing them as it normally means the end of the storm

Lynxus LOOK to your South...Beautifull orange Anvilish nimbus

Edited by dogs32

Those Mammatus are Very good for the Uk (Some of the Best I have seen in fact)

Still not sure where the BBC Are getting there nasty storms for the Home Counties from for this evening? A few hundred Cape for instance with most Diurnal Storms over Wales now weakening. The Lincs Storms are forming from veering wind profiles with South Easterly and Easterly winds pushing up against Westerly winds and creating convergence, thus some Severe Storms expected over the next few hours here. Further South a few farts and Flashes possible in heavier showers i suppose.

Paul S

Interesting to hear how those Lincs storms have formed, thanks Paul. Although I think we deserve a storm more than they do after putting up with heavy rain for four hours now.

Farts and flashes? Like it!  :blink:

Posted

not looking great re the showers in wales, seems like they are dying a death in the usual spot; near the welsh border. oh well, at least there have been some amazing cloudscapes today across the board, and some heavy rain to go with it. high pressure to contend with for the time being :blink:

Posted

Can't see much happening tonight to be honest. I thing the Thunderstorm word is being over used in forecasts this summer. The storm over Lincs is dying out and elsewhere its just heavy showers. Even on here I keep reading about "severe cells" There called Showers! I find this detector more accurate and it refreshes automaticaly every 10 seconds -

http://www.isleofwightweather.co.uk/live_storm_data_150.htm

Posted

Here comes more strobe and earwax removal! Getting closer!!!!

Can someone put a tranquiliser harpoon dart in my backside?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

not looking great re the showers in wales, seems like they are dying a death in the usual spot; near the welsh border. oh well, at least there have been some amazing cloudscapes today across the board, and some heavy rain to go with it. high pressure to contend with for the time being :blink:

Yep, BBC never suggested them dying out. Maybe most of these were daytime related only after all. I expect a dry night now. But yes a very impressive evening for clouds!

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Here comes more strobe and earwax removal! Getting closer!!!!

Can someone put a tranquiliser harpoon dart in my backside?

Bend over. :blink:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Sove VERY scary looking clouds about.

Not a single bit of breeze!

Feels like a flash should happen any second.

Moderate rain.

Posted

I dont think the isle of wight is going to see much action tonight, according the latest met rainfall.. Skys looking pretty good down here but thats about it..

Posted

it as gone dark North of here Lynxus..

anyone for a easy jet to Austria or where ever that country is.

post-3696-1276461402826_thumb.png

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Bend over. :blink:

I feel a John Paul Young song coming on..."Love is in the air...." lol - easy people! :rofl:

As the sun dips we could get a bit of nocturnal cooling, especially in any cells which have already fairly well developed...

LP sat bang over us, so not as reliant on diurnal heating IMO...

Interesting few hours IMO.

Edited by Harry

Posted

Looks like our best hope down here is to be a cell/shower that seems to be slowly developong over dorset/wiltshire area.

On the infra red radar the shower/cell seems to of got thicker.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

Who believes there could be a chance of at least a heavy shower getting into kent, we could really do with a bit more rain.aggressive.gif

Can't see much happening tonight to be honest.  I thing the Thunderstorm word is being over used in forecasts this summer.  The storm over Lincs is dying out and elsewhere its just heavy showers.  Even on here I keep reading about "severe cells"  There called Showers!  I find this detector more accurate and it refreshes automaticaly every 10 seconds -

http://www.isleofwig...rm_data_150.htm

Judging by Katherine's reports (she is actually there you see) it seems very much alive Tim   :blink:

Edited by CAPE-steve

Posted

Incredibly orangey-pink skies here, heavy rain, but no thunder. Sky looks as though we should be having an amazing storm, but everything is silent!