Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

2nd Annual Netweather Stormchase Bbq

Paul Sherman

Posted

Just wondering if anyone has ever been camping before when a storms kicked off during the night?

Andy Andy Andy...........Tsk Tsk........This is the Uk :oops::rofl::rofl:

Storm and Uk are not 2 words used together mate, not even in the deep south :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

Just wondering if anyone has ever been camping before when a storms kicked off during the night?

Andy i did once go camping during storms in Arkansas although the person we were with said no problem. I stuck an empty bottle of Bud on the tent pole to prevent the pole acting as a conductor.

wouldnt have stopped the river rising though.

Tom

Posted

I have - it's fun :lol:

I'm gonna be honest but I've not experienced thunder and lightening while camping but the idea does sound fun. We just don't get enough of them in the north.:unknw:

Paul I'm gonna use the phrase ' a UK Heavy Shower' from now on, I can't believe I said that either now after what I seen in the states. Gutted I'm not going to be able to go next year but 2012 will be a definite.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Just a thought, as so many are coming, if possible if anyone has got some foldup chairs,they could bring with them ,that would be good, because even though ive got some chairs, theres no way ive got enough for everyone !!! Cheers Ian :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Oh, only just seen this and it is only down the road from me! Well, give or take a bit... am tempted or would I be the lone female?

Posted

Oh, only just seen this and it is only down the road from me! Well, give or take a bit... am tempted or would I be the lone female?

No Pat is coming too.

bruce

Posted

Seriously there are at 4 or 5 coming so you wont be the only female.

Tom

Posted

Well ,folks ,it 4 weeks today and counting! Just got all the ingredients for the big Bbq "Sherminator Curry" and tomorrow I will be putting all the ingredients togeather which hopefully will be turning out to be something half decent.!! :good::drunk::rofl: Dont worry Im not gonna leave it on the side for 4 weeks to mature, its going in the :cold:

Posted

Well ,folks ,it 4 weeks today and counting! Just got all the ingredients for the big Bbq "Sherminator Curry" and tomorrow I will be putting all the ingredients togeather which hopefully will be turning out to be something half decent.!! :whistling::drunk::rofl: Dont worry Im not gonna leave it on the side for 4 weeks to mature, its going in the :cold:

I for one can confirm that "Sherminator Curry" is to die for. I cant remember if I had it for breakfast at the last bbq or not but I sure tucked into it.

Tom

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy...

A general question to floor..... Do you guys like the idea of Lemon Drizzle cake ?

Posted

A general question to floor..... Do you guys like the idea of Lemon Drizzle cake ?

Where :shok:

:rofl: :wub: :wub:

God this BBQ Is Going to be Heaven, what with Jo's new Cake Recipe and Anyweathers Amazing Curry! We now have Lemon Drizzle Cake!

:rolleyes:

Posted

Lemon Drizzle Cake....it just keeps getting better....Bring It On!! :rolleyes::shok::rofl: :wub:

Posted

Where :shok:

:rofl: :wub: :wub:

God this BBQ Is Going to be Heaven, what with Jo's new Cake Recipe and Anyweathers Amazing Curry! We now have Lemon Drizzle Cake!

:rolleyes:

I'll take that as a yes then !

Posted

I'll take that as a yes then !

I would take that as a big yes. I am not sure now if we aint going to need a larger tent to stack all the goodies in. Talking about tents , it hasn't stopped raing since i borrowed a tent and wanted a dry run to practice putting the flippin thing up.

Talking about drizzle, it has done nothing but rain all day today. Constantly. My water butts are overflowing.

Bruce

ps I am "who do you think you are?" tomorrow night

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

I have, my tent collapse and when it got struck :l

Posted

I have, my tent collapse and when it got struck :l

Well i tried to prevent mine getting struck, i fitted a lightning conductor. It must have worked we didnt get struck.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Sorry I've been rather quiet on this up until now, though I've managed to get hold of a tent to kip in too! :wallbash: It's going to be the storm chase equivalent of Glastonbury I think, Ian! :D

Was wondering if anyone with a spare car space is going to be going via (or near) the Dartford area? Am happy to drive but as I am a conscientious sort of guy in respect of the environment, my morals implore me to seek a car pool type system in the first instance...:rofl: (what a load of tosh lol)

Will get some burgers, sausages, treats and a trusty bottle of vodka :D anything else in particular I should bring?

H

PS: Re Drizzle Cake :rofl:

Double PS: AWESOME!! Just realised the BBQ is around the peak of the Perseid meteor shower, one of the best annual showers to view from the UK! Also, it's due to be a New Moon (i.e, no moon! lol)...if we don't get storms, lets just hope for a clear sky :D

Edited by Harry

Posted

I would take that as a big yes. I am not sure now if we aint going to need a larger tent to stack all the goodies in. Talking about tents , it hasn't stopped raing since i borrowed a tent and wanted a dry run to practice putting the flippin thing up.

Talking about drizzle, it has done nothing but rain all day today. Constantly. My water butts are overflowing.

Bruce

ps I am "who do you think you are?" tomorrow night

LOL it might be simpler to have 3 separate tents, one for the alcohol, another for the food and a first aid tent for all the hangovers !

Posted

Hi all,

Sorry I have been useless!! Paul has just pointed me in the direction of the 2nd Annual Storm Chase BBQ and I am planning to be there. I have a tent, which I will need to practice putting up :) But apart from that I should be ok! Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Tammy

Posted

Just a quick question to all in the London and Home Counties areas who are driving and Car Sharing etc

I hope I have not missed anyone out but I think the following from this area are going.

Me

John Hanrahan

Ian Cameron

TornadoJo

Harry Hill

Dave Vicary

Nick Finnis

John is staying with me on the Friday after I pick him up from Stanstead and Ian is also staying over so we have 3 that will be starting out from Leigh On Sea. I know Jo said she could drive as well so thinking maybe 2 cars should do it for the trip. Nick usually drives up from Kent and leaves his car at mine as well so maybe Jo could give Harry and Dave a seat in her car.

If anyone has any other ideas please put them in this thread

It is only 3 WEEKS Away Now! :D:D

Posted

sorry guys - i will be working in the middle east while this is on. Shame as it sounds like a real drink and food fest.

Ah bugger, Wont be the same without you mate. Looks like we'll have to being out inflatable stu again. Ian you still got inflatable stu?

Edited by John Hanrahan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

Hi everyone,

I have booked a week's holiday with a good friend to Estonia, and have conveniently arranged my return for Fri 13th August, so that I can make the much-awaited barbecue!! I think he's fed up with me banging on about it! :(

Just wondering, is there room for another tent? While I'm here, is there any other gear I would need (apart from a sleeping bag, rollmat, torch etc)?

Also, just wondering if anyone is driving from the London/Surrey area (to car share with) - if not I will drive up in my little Polo :cray: