Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PersianPaladin

Dr David Kelly Suicide

The re-opening of the case is understood to have the backing of several other Government members, including Transport minister Norman Baker, who believes Dr Kelly was murdered. Dr Kelly's body was found in woods close to his Oxfordshire home seven years ago next month. Although a coroner's inquest was set up to examine the 59-year-old's death, it was suspended.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=viewArticle&code=SLA20100606&articleId=19580

What's the conspiracy theory?

He was bumped off to prevent him from embarrassing Tony Blair over the lack of WMD in Iraq.

He was bumped off to prevent him from embarrassing Tony Blair over the lack of WMD in Iraq.

How much more embarrassing can you get than headlines of a 'sexed-up' undergraduate student thesis?

Not saying that theory is wrong but we all knew that there were doubts about Saddam's precise capabilities. Many in fact argued for the invasion not on the basis of his current capabilities but on the basis of Saddam's intentions and past actions. There should have been no reason to 'silence' Doctor Kelly - had he lived and had his reputed views become headline news it probably would not have prevented the war and our participation in it.

How much more embarrassing can you get than headlines of a 'sexed-up' undergraduate student thesis?

Not saying that theory is wrong but we all knew that there were doubts about Saddam's precise capabilities. Many in fact argued for the invasion not on the basis of his current capabilities but on the basis of Saddam's intentions and past actions. There should have been no reason to 'silence' Doctor Kelly - had he lived and had his reputed views become headline news it probably would not have prevented the war and our participation in it.

Those headlines did not come out in force at the right time to change widescale opinions about the need for war. The 45-minute claim was not supported by the Americans, but that is a diversion from what they said about Saddam's alleged possession of WMD's. If he did not have any WMD's, then he could not have intention to use something that didn't exist.

I'm not saying the people who most likely murdered Dr Kelly were thinking fully rationally. They were probably desperate.

This is a short video worth watching: -

Those headlines did not come out in force at the right time to change widescale opinions about the need for war. The 45-minute claim was not supported by the Americans, but that is a diversion from what they said about Saddam's alleged possession of WMD's. If he did not have any WMD's, then he could not have intention to use something that didn't exist.

I'm not saying the people who most likely murdered Dr Kelly were thinking fully rationally. They were probably desperate.

This is a short video worth watching: -

Not that they actually existed, of course...

Not that they actually existed, of course...

[/

Well they didn't. USA then said they slipped off into Syria yet strangely the brilliant satellites suddenly went blind at this point.

If they do reopen it, hopefully it will not be the farce of the Bloody Sunday inquiry which was started 12 years ago, cost millions and still hasn't given it's verdict!

Previously secret evidence about the death of Iraq weapons expert Dr David Kelly suggests that he died as a result of a "self-inflicted injury".

The post-mortem report into his 2003 death, published on Friday, blamed blood loss after cuts to his left wrist, aided by a painkiller overdose and "silent" heart disease.

In the post-mortem, Home Office pathologist Dr Nicholas Hunt said there was "no evidence" that "natural disease" had caused Dr Kelly's death and identified a "significant" wound to his left wrist which resulted in a "the loss of a significant volume of blood as noted at the scene".

"The complex of incised wounds over the left wrist are entirely consistent with having been inflicted with a bladed weapon," he concluded.

As to the nature of the wound, he added that its "orientation and arrangement...are typical of self-inflicted injury".

In his report, Dr Hunt sets out in detail the factors he believes indicated suicide.

He says the removal of Dr Kelly's watch and spectacles are "features pointing towards this being an act of self-harm," as is the "relatively passive distribution of blood, the neat way in which the water bottle and its top were placed, the lack of obvious signs of trampling of the undergrowth or damage to clothing".

www.bbc.co.uk/news

If one sees conspiracies in everything then there is a danger that the real conspiracies are obscured in all the 'noise'. I think someone once said that if you choose your targets wisely you have a much better chance of hitting them.

If one sees conspiracies in everything then there is a danger that the real conspiracies are obscured in all the 'noise'. I think someone once said that if you choose your targets wisely you have a much better chance of hitting them.

Yup.

It also could well just be a distraction from the basic fact that Blair et al should be prosecuted for an illegal war anyway.

Yup.

It also could well just be a distraction from the basic fact that Blair et al should be prosecuted for an illegal war anyway.

But that's only an opinion; an opinion that provides no evidence one way or 'tother about why Dr Kelly took his own life.

Without getting too involved in all this, I just wonder if the eminent folk who keep insisting on another inquiry have ever stopped to think, let alone ask for their view, on the family left behind. Why are they questioning since the release of so much more detail what the person who actually carried out the post mortem said? Do they think he is lying.

Some of this to me sums up our world at the moment.

Everyone wants what they want NOW, sod everyone else, as a nation we are becoming very selfish.

Again I ask what about Dr Kellys'' family and their feelings?

We don't know their feelings but if they like me or you and if there's any doubt I would prefer a closure to end all speculation.

As far as I'm aware there is not a shred of evidence to suggest anything other than suicide. The whole thing should be put to bed and the family left in peace.

I agree with the points regarding the families.

As do I. I feel sorry for anyone who feels compelled, as the media have insisted, to read the autopsy - the complete deconstruction of a human body after death - of a loved one.

I suspect it was made secret, originally, on compassionate grounds. Or am I just being naieve?

As do I. I feel sorry for anyone who feels compelled, as the media have insisted, to read the autopsy - the complete deconstruction of a human body after death - of a loved one.

I suspect it was made secret, originally, on compassionate grounds. Or am I just being naieve?

not at all VP the original coroners report asked that nothing be published for 70 years to protect his family

It's threads like this, on forums like this, which give idiots the outlet to peddle they're stupid conspiracy theories, if you ask me.

It's threads like this, on forums like this, which give idiots the outlet to peddle they're stupid conspiracy theories, if you ask me.

Sure, lots of people may cry-wolf concerning 'conspiracies'.

Regardless, they DO happen from time-to-time.

But not in this one!

Did the British and Americans conspire to deceive the public regarding the Iraqi threat?

I think yes.

A CNN poll in 2006 showed that 43% of Americans still thought Saddam Hussein was personally involved in the 9/11 attacks. In 2003, it was 70%. The administration used 9/11 to scare people into support for the war. Tony Blair even stated that 9/11 "changed the calculus of risk" with regard to the Saddam threat.

I have no proof that David Kelly was killed - but it's not in the realms of "absurd" or "discredited theory" given how ruthless governments can be.

But there is overwhelming proof that he killed himself! Are you never going to be happy unless negatives are proven?

But there is overwhelming proof that he killed himself! Are you never going to be happy unless negatives are proven?

To suggest before that he could have been "suicided" is not in the realms of absurd, given the LIES and CONSPIRACY that I highlighted above. It does look like he did commit suicide but, with respect - governments can be ruthless and only a naive person would disagree with that. The latest report puts that possibility to rest, but it was not in the realm of "absurd" to assume that.

Tony Blair et al got away with war crimes and lies. We've had to pay for these stupid wars, and now we're expected to pay for these government job cuts when they lie about us being "all in the same boat". UNACCEPTABLE.