Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Forum Upgrade Complete

Paul

Posted

i like the little changes made to the forum. checking last post and last read post is a great idea as i can still see the other topics. good stuff Paul

Posted

Cheers Mick, there are quite a few handy little features added on this upgrade - will put a post together to highlight at least some of them over the next few days.

Posted

Cheers Mick, there are quite a few handy little features added on this upgrade - will put a post together to highlight at least some of them over the next few days.

good man! the subtle changes are great but hard to spot if you dont take much notice of how the forum looks (like me) :)

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

The forum stalled for about 10mins earlier :\

This damn forum upgrade is a nightmare!...just spent 20 mins compiling a post for this thread, only for it to throw a wobbly!...

As above ^ , must admit this is a very unstable forum... I can understand if it has masses of users but to throw weekly wobblies even with a lack of members on the forum is :\

Edited by neilsouth

Posted

The issue this morning was due to me tweaking a setting which didn't work too well, but that's since been reversed and all is stable again - as for a lack of members, we're the most popular uk based weather forum!

We've just moved to new servers and have gone through one or two ups and downs during that, but we're now through that and barring one or two teething problems which may come up are onto a much more solid and easy to expand platform.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

The issue this morning was due to me tweaking a setting which didn't work too well, but that's since been reversed and all is stable again - as for a lack of members, we're the most popular uk based weather forum!

We've just moved to new servers and have gone through one or two ups and downs during that, but we're now through that and barring one or two teething problems which may come up are onto a much more solid and easy to expand platform.

Nooo i don't mean that i meant the amount currently on the forum at the time of the crash..

Sorry Paul for my grouchyness i'm having a rough morning :yahoo:

Posted

No probs Neil - and yep this morning wasn't about traffic it was about me fiddling about with a setting which I should have left alone!

Posted

I logged on earlier from my phone and I must say I like the special skin for it, so much easier to navigate.

If you have plans for a net weather extra app that gives a similar interface for hand held devices then I'd be happy to give you a few extra quid for a copy.