Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Humidity Sensor Failing - Vantage Pro 2

Posted

Hi all,

I got my vantage pro 2 in April 2006 and as of about 8 hours ago, the humidity sensor has stopped reporting to the console everything else is still reporting fine..

I can't visibly see anything wrong with the station but i was just wondering if anyone might have knowledge of anything to look out for/fix on the station or what might be wrong?

The temperature sensor is still reading as normal so does that rule out the possibility that the temp/humidity sensor is failing or is that still probably what it is?

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

I got my vantage pro 2 in April 2006 and as of about 8 hours ago, the humidity sensor has stopped reporting to the console everything else is still reporting fine..

I can't visibly see anything wrong with the station but i was just wondering if anyone might have knowledge of anything to look out for/fix on the station or what might be wrong?

The temperature sensor is still reading as normal so does that rule out the possibility that the temp/humidity sensor is failing or is that still probably what it is?

Thanks

Trogdor

Did you get to the bottom of this? Same thing just happened to my VP2.

Thanks

Andrea

Posted

This seems to be a common problem on the VP2 (along with the reed switches sticking/failing on the wind vane and rain gauge). I believe its possible for the humidity sensor to go while the temperature still works, but the only option is a replacement temp/humidity sensor from Davis.

Davis tend to charge a flat fee when out of warranty and do a full refurbishment including replacing any faulty parts and a good clean. It might be a good idea to contact them. I believe its a flat $99 in the US, though Im not sure what it'd be in the UK. Alternatively you could contact McMurdo - they are the Davis UK distributor:

http://www.mcmurdo.co.uk/