Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trogdor

Humidity Sensor Failing - Vantage Pro 2

Hi all,

I got my vantage pro 2 in April 2006 and as of about 8 hours ago, the humidity sensor has stopped reporting to the console everything else is still reporting fine..

I can't visibly see anything wrong with the station but i was just wondering if anyone might have knowledge of anything to look out for/fix on the station or what might be wrong?

The temperature sensor is still reading as normal so does that rule out the possibility that the temp/humidity sensor is failing or is that still probably what it is?

Thanks

Hi all,

I got my vantage pro 2 in April 2006 and as of about 8 hours ago, the humidity sensor has stopped reporting to the console everything else is still reporting fine..

I can't visibly see anything wrong with the station but i was just wondering if anyone might have knowledge of anything to look out for/fix on the station or what might be wrong?

The temperature sensor is still reading as normal so does that rule out the possibility that the temp/humidity sensor is failing or is that still probably what it is?

Thanks

Trogdor

Did you get to the bottom of this? Same thing just happened to my VP2.

Thanks

Andrea

This seems to be a common problem on the VP2 (along with the reed switches sticking/failing on the wind vane and rain gauge). I believe its possible for the humidity sensor to go while the temperature still works, but the only option is a replacement temp/humidity sensor from Davis.

Davis tend to charge a flat fee when out of warranty and do a full refurbishment including replacing any faulty parts and a good clean. It might be a good idea to contact them. I believe its a flat $99 in the US, though Im not sure what it'd be in the UK. Alternatively you could contact McMurdo - they are the Davis UK distributor:

http://www.mcmurdo.co.uk/

• Temperatures into heatwave territory and no rain

Some parts of the UK could qualify for heatwave conditions later this week and it's not the usual suspects. No rain as water levels decline and how are the evening skies for LanuchAmerica viewing? Watch the video here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

High pressure in the driving seat until at least the end of May

High pressure continues to dominate our weather until at least early next week, with most staying dry and fine. The warm conditions will spread north, and the highest temperatures will transfer to the west as the high moves east and eventually over Scandinavia. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather