Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Outlook

Coast

Posted

Morning all!

Please carry on your discussion about the convective outlook here. Can you also remember to post your thunderstorm reports here. h074.gif

Posted

rumbles getting closer and louder now here form the S or SSW. would anyone know the height of the cloud tops as i'm sure i've just heard an aircraft looking to avoid CB at 33.000ft.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Odd rumble of Thunder here and light to moderate rain at the moment. Storm seems to be growing and direction of movement has now changed to northerly rather than north easterly. That's happened in the last hour.

My lightening detector for once is tracking it fairly well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

good morning all. i woke to a rumble this morning (and no it asnt my wife haha) early hours but strangely never got up was to tired (cant belive i never had a look) so unsure how it developed.

i keep checking rain today and iow seems everything is over france wish it wouls slide my way a tad haha.

Posted

Morning.

Not a lot of activity here last night, it was all a few miles to my East which is becoming somewhat commonplace in these setups.

Interesting to see how the storms over Biscay and those over Kent turned out to be part of the same trough.

Edited by jshaw

Posted

Still no change on the radar regarding rainfall intensity. Very slow moving so looks like a while yet of this cloudy rainy rumbley morning

Quite heavy rain now and the thunder has returned above us. Still a elevated effort though. No lightning seen

Oops, just gone boom again (no lightning)bomb.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Hi all, couldnt resist to share the joy of last nights storms in Nottingham. Awesome super bright CG lightning storm at 10.30pm last night. Calander shots of lightning though, absolutely beautiful full horizon strikes. Lasted for about 45 minutes. TORRENTIAL rains that I havent seen for years!!! Wind got pretty full on for about 3 minutes or so too. Then ANOTHER storm about an hour or 2 later? I was asleep and woke up to it. Also deep thunder, very bright lightning again, lasted for about 20 minutes half hour. THEN at 8am I awoke to more torrential rain with embedded deep thunder for about 45 minutes. Still peeing it down but thunder passed for now.

FANTASTIC NIGHT FOR NOTTINGHAM FOR ONCE IN ITS WEATHERLESS LIFE good.gif

and its thundering AGAIN!!!!!

Posted

Nothing being forecast by ESTOFEX or TORRO but the UKASF forecast is still valid.

Charts for today say:

PGNE14_CL.gif

21OWS_EUROPE_FITL_THUNDERSTORM-STANDARD_24.gif

21OWS_EUROPE_MODEL-DATA_UKMO-GLOBAL_TS-THREAT_SFC_12_00Z.png

gfs_cape_eur12.png

gfs_icape_eur12.png

gfs_layer_eur12.png

gfs_kili_eur12.png

gfs_spout_eur12.png

Last nights Herstmonceux sounding came partly true with half a dozen rumbles and flashes around the forecast time of 3.30 am to 3.45 am, but nothing major and all out to sea. I was surprised at the lack of rain so far today though, nothing significant at all despite forecasts of heavy and torrential, the sun is currently trying to pop out again!!

111654.gif

ASII_20100606_0715.png

Posted

Few showers developing to the South over the midlands. That slow moving (large cell) over South Yorkshire looks nice, it's rather slow moving and on the S and SE back edge of it, they seems to be more showers

Posted

Some torrential rain just to my SW currently.Just light rain here at the moment.

Posted

Hi all, couldnt resist to share the joy of last nights storms in Nottingham. Awesome super bright CG lightning storm at 10.30pm last night. Calander shots of lightning though, absolutely beautiful full horizon strikes. Lasted for about 45 minutes. TORRENTIAL rains that I havent seen for years!!! Wind got pretty full on for about 3 minutes or so too. Then ANOTHER storm about an hour or 2 later? I was asleep and woke up to it. Also deep thunder, very bright lightning again, lasted for about 20 minutes half hour. THEN at 8am I awoke to more torrential rain with embedded deep thunder for about 45 minutes. Still peeing it down but thunder passed for now.

FANTASTIC NIGHT FOR NOTTINGHAM FOR ONCE IN ITS WEATHERLESS LIFE good.gif

and its thundering AGAIN!!!!!

Thought it was the afternoon/evening of beer that was making my eyes flash. In seriousness we could see the distant flashes throughout the late evening towards and beyond the M1 towards Notts.

Sky seem to be brightening up to the SW at the moment

Posted

Few showers developing to the South over the midlands. That slow moving (large cell) over South Yorkshire looks nice, it's rather slow moving and on the S and SE back edge of it, they seems to be more showers

the cell over us just producing rain at the mo not heard any rumbles for 20 mins

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

An active start to Sunday across parts of the country overall. Looking back through the radar images, seems two torrential showers developed rapidly around 1 mile east and west of my location, and then went on to produce sferics a good few miles further north and east into the east Midlands (still is currently within the group of showers over Nottingham), which, was the region to be in last night!

Another risk of thunderstorms today across many parts, should sufficient insolation take place- with eastern counties looking favoured. Some decent SBCAPE over thre region should get some good storms going once triggered.

Today could be good now especially as i though wed be hit by lots of cloud this morning but the sun is already out. :lol:

A very disappointing night for the SE i think. The East Midlands had it far better!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Just ventured outside and it's a bit warmer than I expected and the sun is coming out through the (clearing) low cloud. Maybe something will happen today after all.

Posted

Th 00Z has downgraded the Surface based CAPE & M-Level CAPE a fair bit for today. But we can never be sure, (last nights 18z for example, the 12z showed 100 cape and the 18z showed 800-900).

If this cloud stays about and the sunny spells cannot develop i'm not too confident of any isolated thunderstorms breaking out.

Edited by North Sea Breeze

Posted

Has been thundering since 9am here. No lightning tho, just rumbles. Extremely heavy rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Met office says plenty of showers today with a risk of thunder for the Midlands and N England. :lol:

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

I got woke up by a storm in the early hours but to be honest the storms were rubbish , very few strikes... lack of flashs just lots of rain

Not impressed :lol:

Posted

I got woke up by a storm in the early hours but to be honest the storms were rubbish , very few strikes... lack of flashs just lots of rain

Not impressed :lol:

its early days yet (06th of June) + the winter you had this year and amount of snow, i would not say you have not done too badly :shok:. Dont forget when we get some big storms coming from France, you and the S are the best place to be :(

Edited by North Sea Breeze

Posted

Morning all, a lovely day here this morning, with brilliant sunshine and just a few clouds to spoil the blue sky! I don't think that rain band over the SW of Cornwall even made it this far east last night. Certainly hardly any rain to speak of. Looking forward to Tuesday for possible storm in the South.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

its early days yet (06th of June) + the winter you had this year and amount of snow, i would not say you have not done too badly :). Dont forget when we get some big storms coming from France, you and the S are the best place to be :)

True true , but nearly everyone here loves a good storm and gets a little down when they don't get it :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Hope storms dont die out before it get to mesmile.gif

If you're anything like me Stuart,they most probably will!!!lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

True true , but nearly everyone here loves a good storm and gets a little down when they don't get it smile.gif

know how you feel mate, had one loud crack of Thunder here around 2am ish, heavy rain for 30mins, that was it

Edited by Essexgooner