Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Odd Lights

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

strange ... theres alot of thundery activity tonight, lightening lighting up the skies from all quarters.

my eye was drawn to an orange light in the sky, seemingly below the cloud base. it moved in a steady line, towards me, then stopped! held there for a few seconds, flickered then disappeard completely.

now east mids airport is close by, but those lights were not the bright 'headlights' besides there was no red and green, nor flashing lights that adorn the wings and tail.

i dont believe in aliens, well, not that have/are visiting us. what could have cause that lighting effect?.

Posted

Had some here Rob.. They are pretty much down to Chinese lanterns.. Good thing tonight was they were drawn into the storms.. the speed of the updraught was unreal.. Was nice to have a guide..LOL :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

Had some here Rob.. They are pretty much down to Chinese lanterns.. Good thing tonight was they were drawn into the storms.. the speed of the updraught was unreal.. Was nice to have a guide..LOL :)

ahhh yes... that could be the answer. thanks :)

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

On the subject of strange lights anybody know what the three coloured pinpoints of light are on this lightning pic that ive drawn around?.Went out one evening in summer 2008 to capture this storm moving away and noticed this after putting them on the pc.

post-9147-12770293270501_thumb.jpg

Edited by 80sWeather

On the subject of strange lights anybody know what the three coloured pinpoints of light are on this lightning pic that ive drawn around?.Went out one evening in summer 2008 to capture this storm moving away and noticed this after putting them on the pc.

Now that does look like aliens!! Maybe the blue one is the Tardis from a distance? Quite weird :cray:

Posted

I'd suspect they were dead pixels on the camera sensor. For night time or dark exposures it's always best to take a dark frame (a shot with the lens cap on) before and after your shoot. You can then use software to eliminate these effects

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

I'd suspect they were dead pixels on the camera sensor. For night time or dark exposures it's always best to take a dark frame (a shot with the lens cap on) before and after your shoot. You can then use software to eliminate these effects

Thank you, just looked on net and yes there are a few examples with the same effect, no need to worry about alien abduction anymore.