Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ipad App?

Posted

I have just bought an iPad; it's a great device and there are a number of weather apps available for it, but they are mostly US-Centric and lack things like UK radar.

I would like to suggest you consider developing a netweather app for the iPad; the the V5 Radar would look great on an iPad screen...

Posted

That would be brilliant. I think 'apps' are the way forward for a lot businesses. I'm seriously considering getting an iPad, I've been in the Apple Store everyday since its launch but just bring myself to spend that amount of money. Just wondering if you think its worth the price.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

I've got an Android phone - the HTC Legend - and I have a similar problem in the sense that most of the weather apps are US-based. However, I don't know whether more people have an iPhone/iPad than an Android phone?

Posted

I've got an Android phone - the HTC Legend - and I have a similar problem in the sense that most of the weather apps are US-based. However, I don't know whether more people have an iPhone/iPad than an Android phone?

I think more have iPhone/iPod/iPad but Android has been catching up quickly.

Posted

Aye, this is always gonna be an issue with apps since they have to be developed for multiple platforms.

Netweather and netweather extra as well as the meto both work fine on my HTC HD2 browser regardless but an app specially designed for it (extra that is) would be cool.

Posted

That would be brilliant. I think 'apps' are the way forward for a lot businesses. I'm seriously considering getting an iPad, I've been in the Apple Store everyday since its launch but just bring myself to spend that amount of money. Just wondering if you think its worth the price.

For me, it is worth the price; I really like the iPad. TBH I mainly use it for casual browsing and email and it's just more convenient than getting the laptop out. The screen is gorgeous, and multitouch comes into its own with a big screen; browsing especially benefits. The device isn't perfect though; it's a little heavy to hold for any length of time, and that screen doesn't half attract fingerprints...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Aye, this is always gonna be an issue with apps since they have to be developed for multiple platforms.

Netweather and netweather extra as well as the meto both work fine on my HTC HD2 browser regardless but an app specially designed for it (extra that is) would be cool.

Sorry to bring up an old(ish) thread but I just want to point out that the netweather site works perfectly in the HTC browser, but it would be a bit nicer to have a netweather app on one of my homescreens so that I don't need to go searching on the web. This is only really a problem when I'm in Cumbria where there are often slow mobile internet speeds, making browsing the web more of a chore.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms storms and more storms

Sorry to bring up an old(ish) thread but I just want to point out that the netweather site works perfectly in the HTC browser, but it would be a bit nicer to have a netweather app on one of my homescreens so that I don't need to go searching on the web. This is only really a problem when I'm in Cumbria where there are often slow mobile internet speeds, making browsing the web more of a chore.

Netweather site works fine on iPhone and iPad. If u bookmark it and put on home screen it will look and work just like an app