Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Massive Bp Oil Spill Could Eventually Hit Britain

Posted

I read this sentence which says it all: 'with impacts that have yet to be understood'

So they don't know.

Posted
The simulations suggest that when the oil that's closest to the surface gets caught up in the Gulf of Mexico's powerful Loop Current, it will likely reach Florida's Atlantic coast by early summer.

After that, it could hitch a ride on the Gulf Stream and move up to 160 kilometres a day, heading as far north as Cape Hatteras, N.C.

From there, it would only be a matter of days until it turned east and headed into open sea.

Hence, why I said "could" eventually hit Britain.

This is not really an oil "spill". It's an undersea oil volcano spewing out massive amounts of oil every day at high pressures 5,000 feet beneath the Gulf of Mexico.

Edited by PersianPaladin

Posted

OK, traces of oil or dispersant might eventually be detected here but 'hit' sounds rather over-dramatic as it implies oil washing ashore in significant amounts - unlikley.

Posted

OK, traces of oil or dispersant might eventually be detected here but 'hit' sounds rather over-dramatic as it implies oil washing ashore in significant amounts - unlikley.

If the relief wells fail by August...then we could see some significant pockets hit the UK. But nobody knows for sure, that's also what I find worrying.

http://rawstory.com/rs/2010/0604/expert-3-times-amount-oil-cap-work/

Edited by PersianPaladin

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Another over dramatic scare story. We get these every oil spill. It'll will never recover which it always does. First of BP needs to get the well properly shut off.

Posted

I generally agree with some things that you say, PP. But as I heard a couple of days ago on Channel 5 news that President Obama said he'll kick his ass. (BP chairman)

I'm quite sure at this moment in time that those in Louisiana would like to kick Obama's, and his predecessors.

But you know what the biggest irony is?? Let me tell you.

That oil rig was built by an AMERICAN company, and whoooooooooooo has in the space of two days in Texas and nearby had gas pipe explosions??

Mmmm!!

Food for thought.

Phil.

Edited by Phil UK