Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Suggestion!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Hey,

was just having a flick through the forum, and I was thinking, we might benefit for having a 'Thank you' button.

I've seen many users typing 'thanks'

So instead of pointless posts, why not add a 'thank' button? Have seen it around many forums. <_<

Any feedback on this?

Posted

Hey,

was just having a flick through the forum, and I was thinking, we might benefit for having a 'Thank you' button.

I've seen many users typing 'thanks'

So instead of pointless posts, why not add a 'thank' button? Have seen it around many forums. <_<

Any feedback on this?

If it can be done then it sounds like a good idea to me. I recently posted on the feedback thread, I wanted to thank some of the team members for their response but in posting my thanks I felt i was needlessly cluttering up the thread.

Cheers

S

Posted

If it can be done then it sounds like a good idea to me. I recently posted on the feedback thread, I wanted to thank some of the team members for their response but in posting my thanks I felt i was needlessly cluttering up the thread.

Cheers

S

Yes, it can be done, I owned a forum where I had one, and i'm a member of many forums where they had one. :)

Posted

Thing is, we've been here before. We implemented the reputation system which is effectively the same thing, in that you can give a +1 reputation point for a good post or whatever and it was unpopular with people taking a lack of points personally and so on...

Thing is, we've been here before. We implemented the reputation system which is effectively the same thing, in that you can give a +1 reputation point for a good post or whatever and it was unpopular with people taking a lack of points personally and so on...

I thought the thanks button would be different? No points involved just a post has 'Thanks' marked on it. I remember the reputation points some people where giving their friends points for no reason.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

and most importantly, the biggest problem would be the health risk involved, as no doubt my head would literally explode from receiving 1000 thanks points in the first 24 hours of this new system... :)

I'll fetch my coat! :(

Posted

Different to a rep system, this would reduce the amount of one word spam posts. :whistling:

• 4 weeks later...
Posted

Had a think about this and for a trial period have put an option online which allows members to 'vote up a post' which is effectively the same as saying thanks/leaving a positive comment on it.

We'll see how it goes!