Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Chase 2010 - Day 33 Discussion

Paul Sherman

Posted

Last Chase day for Tour 3 today before changeover tomorrow and it seems the weather gods are being kind this time. Tomorrow we will drop off and pick up and head up towards OK City in readiness for Kansas on Monday.

But before all that we have a final risk today in SW Nebraska, going to target the southern most target as we have one hell of a drive to get everyone back to DFW By 1pm tomorrow. Am expecting the Cold Front to fire somewhere near here and hope that something becomes favourable for a few hours before a huge Line Segment surges East.

Paul S & Team

Posted

E.T. phone home.

Looks like a slow but steady development of elevated cloud along the dry line and activity may break out around 23z to 00z in western KS and sw Nebraska.

Posted

my account does not allow me to start a new topic so i have put it on here

Tour 4,

get your cameras batteries on charge SPC forcast is looking ok 3 days of slight risk then Severe risk of svt on day 4

wish i was heading to Heathrow in morning to fly back outpardon.gif

hope tour 3 catches some storms on last day, looking at some activity on GRLevel3 to the north of your present position 1 off the storms has rapidly grown in hight from 2400ft to 38200ft hope somthing forms to your south so you can at least head towards Dallas

Edited by gpspete

Posted

Watching your storm cell is picking up well hopfully will have some meso's on it very soon if not already just checked radar one of the cells north has just gone tornado warned so lets see the tail ender do the same for tour 3

We were hoping for some hail but it crapped out a bit as it came over us. Off south to the next cell down the line which has just popped up. We can't track the cells north today as we're way out from dfw for change over day tomorrow and will need to cover some serious miles this evening to get into range.

Posted

my account does not allow me to start a new topic so i have put it on here

Tour 4,

get your cameras batteries on charge SPC forcast is looking ok 3 days of slight risk then Severe risk of svt on day 4

wish i was heading to Heathrow in morning to fly back outpardon.gif

day 3 which was day 4 is now a slight risk day, including by the looks of it including the panhandles,

which with Pauls storm finding skills bodes well for tour 4

Edited by gpspete