Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London And Southeast Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Well the last few days have been totally miserable and flooding will become a real problem!

Fed up with all this sleet, even this morning we had heavy sleet but it was more rain with just a few flakes. The rivers are fit to burst and the fields are saturated! Sick of this manky weather now, the winter has been the best for many years but lets now look forward to some spring sunshine!

Flying to Barbados on wednesday morning from Gatwick so i most definatly do not want anymore snow that may delay my flight!

Matt. :good:

Posted

The drains down here are already struggling, I dread to think what its going to be after a few days of non-stop rain.unsure.gif

Edited by Weathizard

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

The drains down here are already struggling, I dread to think what its going to be after a few days of non-stop rain.unsure.gif

There hasn't been that much rain yet. Only one wet morning - rainfall recently hasn't been especially high at all.

Certainly it looks very wet this week, but we saw even wetter weather back in November (which was truly awful) and there have been other spells in recent years that were even wetter than this looks.

That is putting the best spin on it possible I know, but just a bit of perspectivesmile.gif

Posted

I feel sorry for the people who suffer from SAD down here because it does seem as if we have had a distinct lack of sun. I for one have been away from the forum because i get a bit fed up with all the wallbashing that goes on at this time of year.

Roll on spring and lets hope that after this week we dry up a bit here i am with MAF i am fed up with having my boots caked with mud every day and the slightly damp smell of dog after a walk.

Edited by Snow Queen one

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Moscow model WMC 00Z 84h is showing very cold uppers on Wednesday. This is very interesting :o :o

post-2721-12667489562217_thumb.png

As expected the snow warning for tomorrow has now gone from the METO and has been replaced by 2 warnings of heavy rain for Monday and Wednesday for the SE.

I love the snow as much as the newxt person but I fear you are going to be dissapointed Yamkin if you are expecting anything white to fall out of the the sky in our neck of the woods over the next week. :(

Posted

yep. heavy rain and strong winds too. not the best of weeks to look ahead to, but i suppose the change towards spring has to have this type of weather in order for spring to be warm and dry with a good few thunder/lightning showers thrown in :o

Posted

-4 uppers for here, need it colder than that to even make it marginal this time of year surely?

We had -4c here on 2nd Feb 2009 and had loads of snow. I'm looking forward tom the WMC Moscow 12Z :crazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

We had -4c here on 2nd Feb 2009 and had loads of snow. I'm looking forward tom the WMC Moscow 12Z :cray:

Lol, not being selective with your models now are you yammers?! :lol:

Posted

As expected the snow warning for tomorrow has now gone from the METO and has been replaced by 2 warnings of heavy rain for Monday and Wednesday for the SE.

I love the snow as much as the newxt person but I fear you are going to be dissapointed Yamkin if you are expecting anything white to fall out of the the sky in our neck of the woods over the next week. :cray:

I was very surprised with the MetO's snow warning for the SE yesterday. I'm not expecting snow at the moment, but the WMC Moscow model 00Z is showing interesting cold uppers on the 24th Feb. I wonder if WMC will still show the same when their 12Z comes out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

I was very surprised with the MetO's snow warning for the SE yesterday. I'm not expecting snow at the moment, but the WMC Moscow model 00Z is showing interesting cold uppers on the 24th Feb. I wonder if WMC will still show the same when their 12Z comes out.

I'm no expert on the weather but even though these low uppers may exist I fear the other ingredients for snow will be missing hence the warnings for rain for the the SE on Wednesday.

Posted

Lol, not being selective with your models now are you yammers?! :lol:

ECM, UKMO & GFS love to show different scenarios half the time, so looking at the Moscow model is a different angle for me.

I'm no expert on the weather but even though these low uppers may exist I fear the other ingredients for snow will be missing hence the warnings for rain for the the SE on Wednesday.

MetO are not going by the Moscow model uppers, hence RAIN, RAIN, RAIN :cray:

I'm not saying we will get the right cold uppers for snow, but I am not ruling out the Moscow model right now. Their 12Z might show sun bathing uppers later on for all I know :lol:

Posted

hi all

has will hand made any updates at all?

Yep and he holds his hands up with his snowy forecast last week. Very interesting read http://www.lyneside.demon.co.uk/weeklydiscussions.htm

Guest archiesmummy

Yep and he holds his hands up with his snowy forecast last week. Very interesting read http://www.lyneside....discussions.htm

holds his hands up? some of it was actually eerily spot on at times and lets be honest who can be spot on all the time, unless your not human! i read lots about what he said from one of your links and he did say about the snow coming up ahead of a front from the SW and would hit the midlands, well hello!!!!

I will have a read of that link...thanks Yamkin

good.gif

Posted

Not looking forward to the coming weeks weather, Rain, Rain & more Rain, bring on Spring not long to go until we can talk about spring/summer storms, much more interesting than cold damp weather.

Posted

anyone see the country file forecast for fri????????whistling.gif

c'est possible?????

Did not get a chance to watch it. What was the forecast for Friday?

The WMC Moscow 12Z uppers are very interesting from the 24th Feb :D:good::D

post-2721-12667861870417_thumb.png

post-2721-12667861948217_thumb.png

post-2721-12667862015917_thumb.png

post-2721-12667862088317_thumb.png

post-2721-12667862166517_thumb.png

Edited by yamkin

Posted

The WMC Moscow 12Z uppers are very interesting from the 24th Feb :lol: :unsure: :lol:

Its going to be rain, sorry to rain on your parade. whistling.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

ATM its not looking that good for us but i do feel we should take each day as it comes or even half day, small shifts will lead to big changes as to where there is rain and snow

Posted

Its going to be rain, sorry to rain on your parade. whistling.gif

According to WMC model, the upper temps start to get colder from the 24th Feb. Upper temps from -4c and lower will be best for snow to fall.

Posted

According to WMC model, the upper temps start to get colder from the 24th Feb. Upper temps from -4c and lower will be best for snow to fall.

Yes well the WMC is not a good model for me, ECM & GFS are more reliable.

Posted

Yes well the WMC is not a good model for me, ECM & GFS are more reliable.

I look at all available models and WMC is improving. ECM says one thing then GFS says something else :unsure:

This week is going to be very interesting.

Edited by yamkin

Guest archiesmummy

The WMC Moscow 12Z uppers are very interesting from the 24th Feb clap.gifyahoo.gifcold.gif

It was Daniel Corbett doing the weather and he always makes me laugh, he is like a child with how excited he gets and then comes up with really weird metaphors, anyway, seems to be a bit of a battle with the warm and cold air and although granted there didnt look like a white out there was the white speckles that the BBC graphics show, i know alot can change from now til Fri but even if we saw flakes falling from the sky it is prettier to look at than rain.....

I'm with your ramp Yamkin, you keep finding charts that even sniff at the possibility of snow...keep em coming!!!!!

Edited by archiesmummy

Posted

It was Daniel Corbett doing the weather and he always makes me laugh, he is like a child with how excited he gets and then comes up with really weird metaphors, anyway, seems to be a bit of a battle with the warm and cold air and although granted there didnt look like a white out there was the white speckles that the BBC graphics show, i know alot can change from now til Fri but even if we saw flakes fallening from the sky it is prettier to look at than rain.....

I'm with your ramp Yamkin, you keep finding charts that even sniff at the possibility of snow...keep em coming!!!!!

Thanks for the update archiesmummy :lol: WMC model did have some issues a couple of months ago, but they seem to have sorted out the gremlins. After a few runs, WMC has been consistent for colder uppers in the SE from the middle of this coming week, so I'm ramping :unsure:

Posted

Thanks for the update archiesmummy :D WMC model did have some issues a couple of months ago, but they seem to have sorted out the gremlins. After a few runs, WMC has been consistent for colder uppers in the SE from the middle of this coming week, so I'm ramping :p

Indeed looking at t+60 the Lp system swings across the the uk, and at t+72 it brings in cold uppers much faster on the backedge then the other models. Would be some very nice backedge snow IF it came off.

lets hope other models follow it :lol:

Still think friday onwards on the the ecm- gfs could start to look intresting as we we get into next week.