Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London And Southeast Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

Hmm according to the radars so far this morning even the 'slight chance of wintery stuff' is further south and looking like it will mainly stay out in the channel. Or is my poor hungover head missing something?

Posted

I just looked at the weather for where i live on the Met Office site and it says heavy snow at 18.00 today :shok:

Somehow i think that could well be wrong :p

Posted

Everything is further south than expedcted this morning. Sussex and Kent may see some sleet showers but thats all IMO. Tonight there may be some sleet / snow in north of the region then rain next week i'm afraid. Its looking unlikely that things will change in our favour, its looking marginal for areas south of Manchester / North midlands now.

Posted

Everything is further south than expedcted this morning. Sussex and Kent may see some sleet showers but thats all IMO. Tonight there may be some sleet / snow in north of the region then rain next week i'm afraid. Its looking unlikely that things will change in our favour, its looking marginal for areas south of Manchester / North midlands now.

Yes not very inspiring for us in the SE is it,everything needs to move 3oo miles further South,but its not loking like happening i'm afraid

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny or Cold and snowy

It was always looking marginal - nothing like the setup back in January - these sorts of setups are usually boring even if there's snow it's so short lived it's not worth it. Be glad to see the back of winter this year the cold is boring now.

Posted

BBC weather are showing snow at 3pm this afternoon in Brighton??????????/ does anyone know if this is likely to happen?drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

It was always looking marginal - nothing like the setup back in January - these sorts of setups are usually boring even if there's snow it's so short lived it's not worth it. Be glad to see the back of winter this year the cold is boring now.

Only boring people get bored, thats what my mum used to tell me. I agree though and one of my hobbies is Meteorology so i guess my dear Mother was right..........

BBC weather are showing snow at 3pm this afternoon in Brighton??????????/ does anyone know if this is likely to happen?drinks.gif

Temps of over 6c so far and precipitation much further south into the channel... I dont think so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

possible that some channel shrs may clip the coast overwise its a few home grown shrs inland, and these could be of sleet/hail/ and snow if heavy i thinksmile.gif also watching a feature for overnight todrinks.gif

looking at radar the channel seems to be keeping our shrs so a few home growns more likely drinks.gif

edit..looking at radar again the shrs just of IOW could hit s-coast so keep an eye on them...

Edited by nimbilus

Guest FireStorm

Appears to be some (convective) snow showers just near to Maidstone, Charing, Hythe & towards Heathfield by Netweather V5 Radar. All higher elevations predominantly

Edited by FireStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

I just looked at the weather for where i live on the Met Office site and it says heavy snow at 18.00 today :)

Somehow i think that could well be wrong :)

Another pile of good old fashioned cods wallop from the MO this afternoon, and its NAE which has quite frankly been abismal.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

theres some shrs running along s-coast , a heavy one around the poole/bournemouth area heading east, still time to develop some bigger onessmile.gif

Posted

Snowing lightly here clap.gif

alright yamkin that shr just grew over your bit always jumps mine!

Posted

alright yamkin that shr just grew over your bit always jumps mine!

Radar shows this is a convective shower. Quite surprised as the BBC have played down any ppn in the SE.

Posted

theres some lining up out west heading for basingstoke on route to us drunk.gif

convective shrs really getting going over alot of uk that sun really has some warmth , should see some heavy snow/hail shrs across se maybe settling in any intense onesdrinks.gif

what time do these arrive?biggrin.gif they are heading our way id say late evening ?

post-11361-12666790061617_thumb.png

Edited by nimbilus

Posted

theres some lining up out west heading for basingstoke on route to us drunk.gif

convective shrs really getting going over alot of uk that sun really has some warmth , should see some heavy snow/hail shrs across se maybe settling in any intense onesdrinks.gif

what time do these arrive?biggrin.gif they are heading our way id say late evening ?

Hi Nimbilus,could us here in Brighton get any of those showers tonight?drinks.gif

Posted

Hi Nimbilus,could us here in Brighton get any of those showers tonight?drinks.gif

hi wee, there are shrs heading along coast towards your bit more likely to be sleet/rain shrs most likely dissapearing this evening then a feature moves in towards morning bringing rain on coast and snow further northsmile.gif

Posted

Im surprised Kent posters aren't here for what appears to be convective snow showers appearing across the county

Not surprising not many are on here after the MetO/BBC playing down the wintry showers in the SE.

Light snow has now stopped here, but there appears to be more convective showers on the way.

To be honest, this is more exciting :D

Posted

Not surprising not many are on here after the MetO/BBC playing down the wintry showers in the SE.

Light snow has now stopped here, but there appears to be more convective showers on the way.

To be honest, this is more exciting yahoo.gif

quite alot growing quickly watching the ones heading from basingstoke.

got to go cant post but can read posts.

enjoy the snow shrs alldrinks.gif

Posted

Im surprised Kent posters aren't here for what appears to be convective snow showers appearing across the county

lurking! looks good tho, light hail shower here about half hour ago