Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & Ea Cold Spell Discussion Part 10

Posted

Stopped here now, still got a very grey sky though !

Main roads seem to be fine, it was very slushy stuff again so you should be okay getting home but take care as it may start to freeze later like last night.

Many thanks for the update, I may put my plans to work late on hold then!

I still can't believe we got snow yesterday, let alone today!!

Posted

still moderate snow nice covering !

Still Moderate to heavy snow.

visibility at about 250 yards.

tables, trees, grass, rooftops and bushes are getting a covering now.

Posted

heavy rain with a bit of snow mixed in about half hour ago, just light rain now temp 1.1c, that will prob go up in next few hours as the less cold air comes up from south

Posted

heavy rain with a bit of snow mixed in about half hour ago, just light rain now temp 1.1c, that will prob go up in next few hours as the less cold air comes up from south

Right, last post of the evening for me - otherwise the essays will never get done.

Snow stopped about 20 minutes ago, only to pep back up again about 10 minutes ago and we now have moderate snowfall again - though it is fair to say that some of the 1-2cms that we had from the earlier fall today is rapidly diminishing.

I don't expect anything more from the winter. Count this then as the first serious W.I.O post from tommorow onwards. It is one of those rare occasions, where I hope not to be corrected. I could do with 16C Spring sunshine and getting rid of the thermals that have taken permanent residence on my body for the last 3 months.

The snow is still falling though, I guess it's just a waiting game for the rest of the winter; but I can't be the only on here that awaits spring and summer warmth?! It has been a very cold few months!

Posted

Snowing here, Temp 0.4C

This weekend for weather is a eye watcher. There is a deep LP which will hit Spain + Portugal and will track NE wards. Meanwhile at the same time Colder air will filter southwards due to another LP heading south (Cold temperatures on its Northern Flank). This is 5 days out but at this time potentially somewhere in the UK could get hammered by snow on Sunday. Something to keep a very close eye on.

Edited by Snowman0697

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers, Cold Winters.

Was in Stamford at about 3.20 when the first signs of sleet appeared, the temp gauge in my van was showing 4.0c, by the time I got home at approx 4.10 it was pouring with small flakes of snow but not settling at all on the very wet surfaces.

Interestingly, the temp had plummeted to 0.5c, all in the matter of 20 miles!

Has turned back to very light sleet now.

Edited by MarcB

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Many thanks for the update, I may put my plans to work late on hold then!

I still can't believe we got snow yesterday, let alone today!!

It's snowed the last two days here instead of the forcasted rainfall because of the easterly / north easterly wind direction pulling in colder drier air further south than the models have forcast. It's also weakened the precipitation alot on the fronts as they moved northwards, hence they snowfall being patchy and sporadic in most parts south of peterborough area.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I don't expect anything more from the winter. Count this then as the first serious W.I.O post from tommorow onwards. It is one of those rare occasions, where I hope not to be corrected. I could do with 16C Spring sunshine and getting rid of the thermals that have taken permanent residence on my body for the last 3 months.

The snow is still falling though, I guess it's just a waiting game for the rest of the winter; but I can't be the only on here that awaits spring and summer warmth?! It has been a very cold few months!

I think the desire for 16C and sunshine is perfectly understandable after the cold winter. The question of "more of what?" arises though, because if we don't get any more snow for the rest of the season it doesn't exclude the possibility of "cold rain" with 3C and a biting easterly wind- a weather type that is likely to recur during the coming week.

Talking of which, that's exactly what Norwich is getting now! I would be up for a spell of warm sunny weather myself, but it would take an exceptional set of circumstances to get me to take cold rain and 3C over sunshine, snow showers and 5C.

Posted

Just got off the phone with a work mate, he tells me it is still snowing up in Cranfield (Near Milton Keyens) Experienced some really quite heavy snow around 3pm in Norther St. Albans, settled rather easily on most surfaces.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Rain has turned to sleet in Norwich- I guess the precipitation isn't heavy enough plus warmer air getting ahead of the main band.

Amazingly this is the 13th day out of 23 on which sleet or snow has fallen here this month! Unlike the other occasions, though, it feels more like rain when I'm out in it.

Posted

Well my sons football training has been called of for this evening!! god knows why, its on astro turf and the snow has not settled.

Madness!!!

Mine wasn't :whistling: Rain and snow showers over at Hampton Astroturf.... was blooming cold too!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Snowing here, Temp 0.4C

This weekend for weather is a eye watcher. There is a deep LP which will hit Spain + Portugal and will track NE wards. Meanwhile at the same time Colder air will filter southwards due to another LP heading south (Cold temperatures on its Northern Flank). This is 5 days out but at this time potentially somewhere in the UK could get hammered by snow on Sunday. Something to keep a very close eye on.

Yep as i mentioned before to you mate, its been quite consistant in runs. I think your bang on for hammered by snow it will make decembers and jans look like small fry. I think the term there maybe trouble ahead could be one to stick with if it pulls of as in the runs and other influences.help.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifshok.gifshok.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

What do you think of these babies, TWS & Snowman.

To my untrained eye they look good for cold early March.

If they come off good.gif

post-9329-12669580024817_thumb.png

post-9329-12669580181717_thumb.gif

Posted

What do you think of these babies, TWS & Snowman.

To my untrained eye they look good for cold early March.

If they come off good.gif

Yes ECM and GFS having been showing for quite a few runs that the milder spell this week will be short lived. (UKMO doesnt go out that far) Sunday looks interesting but I think Im a little concerned with possible wind speeds on Sunday.