Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Tenerife Weather Next Week

dubmuffin

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

In order to cheer myself up after watching what could have been a blizzard fall as rain today and, as far as I can see, no snow of note on the horizon, I have booked 5 days in the south of tenerife next week. Never been there before or intended to go, but gotta take a chance (can't afford/fit in a skiing holiday sadly)

From what I understand about the jet stream this winter, it is so far south that places that usually have a milder drier climate are suffering from more wet and cold than usual.

Can anyone cheer me up some more and tell me if I can expect sunshine and warmth there next week or do I take my winter clothes?

thanks

Posted

Current charts actually look fairly good with the Jetstream moving slightly north so High Pressure ridging over the Canary Islands with Sunny Spells and 20-23c seems quite likely, just maybe a shower or two towards Wednesday/Thursday next week but this will change.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

The weather looks mostly settled and dry, (like it always is) i wouldnt rule out the odd shower though. It will feel warmer than what it has been, it's been quite unsettled this week with a few showers and thunderstorms.

Next week looks mostly fine though, temperatures 18-22C in the Day and around 15-18C at night. I would imagine it would be a nice breeze blowing too.

Oh and i've heard that Mount Teide has had a fresh snowfall this month so make sure you check out the Volcano!

Edited by Marcus_surfer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Thanks for the replies, they certainly make me feel quite optimistic. I realise a lot can change in a week, and every weather report is a bit different. Are there any reliable sites for me to check the weather nearer the time? or can I get an update from the experts? The prospect of finding snow on my sunny holiday is particularly exciting so Mt Teide will be a must see. :D