Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Weather Station Survey Help Required Please

Hi,

I am currently studying Geographical information systems at University and as part of my dissertation I am investigating the sites of amateur weather stations in the UK, and investigating some interesting biases that can occur in their readings. It would be very helpful if anyone with a weather station in the UK would be able to share details about their station with me. I will be sharing the conclusions of the research with all participants, and hope that any recommendations will help to make publicly contributed weather data an even more useful source for monitoring and research.

I am looking for the following information:

· Whether you submit readings to wunderground.com

· If you do publish your data, how precisely do you supply the geographic coordinates of the station? Do you know your elevation above sea level?

· Your location in the UK (as much precision as you are happy with would be really helpful)

· What surface your station is sited on (e.g. patio, grass etc)

· The aspect of any slope on the site (n,e,s,w)

· If available, temperature data from this particular day: 27th May 2009 9:00 am

· The hardware that you are using

If anyone is able to help could they reply by personal message. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou,

Sam

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...