Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dogs32

Firefox

Quick Q to anyone.

Anyone had problem's with Firefox of late?

Siezzing regular,Stop's working.

I have had this problem on Vista and XP and as only been doing this over the last 2 month's or so

Hi,

I'm on my new laptop with windows 7 and also getting the same problems just every now and then Firefox freezes up. I think it might be any add ons sometimes they update and stop it working.

hi guy's....no i havent upgraded!

Infact i have downgraded to XP again...From Vista crap,

Just like Weather Master I have it freezing up now again...Its a pain!!!

I have had to go back to Explorer as this is more reliable but I did rather like Firefox.

Cant make out what the probllem is though.

I have had similar problems as well. Also, how do you enable pop-up blocker? As I can't seem to find it anywhere.

To be honest I've had a few problems with freezing up with Firefox lately as well.

just happened again,so I am now back on Explorer.

This as been happening to me for about 2 month's now on and off.

Searched Google but cant find the solution apart from some mentioning Virus...Which I know this isn't.well almost certain.

The only way to get out of it is to go to Task Manager and closed it down through Processes.

And then restart Firefox.

But cant be arsed to keep doing this to be honest.

So its doing it on every operating system as the above poster's mention.

I am currently on Xp but was with Vista Crap but still the same thing.

Just now again it will Freeze up....

Shame realy as I love Firefox and I dont like Google Chrome or Explorer much

I have never had any freezing issues with Firefox on XP or Vista with any version - currently on the latest 3.6.

As someone has mentioned it could be an add-on that is causing FF to hang - have you tried uninstalling all add-ons and if FF runs ok then try adding them back in again one by one. I guess as you have gone back to XP from Vista then you have done an install of Firefox from new with no add-ons anyway?

good point I will try uninstalling the add-on's to see if that work's :cc_confused:

let you know the result

Virus checkers can also cause freezing problems. Nod32 has this problem although the latest beta seems to have fixed it.

Virus checkers can also cause freezing problems. Nod32 has this problem although the latest beta seems to have fixed it.

a possability you might be correct.

Looked into the add-on's where I have found Net FrameWork .1.,1...working OK

But Norton's IPS and Norton's toolbar both have a red exclamation mark!

May be this is the problem...

And no way around it I think as I need Norton's to work

OK I have a fresh copy of Vista installed!!! yet again.

This time Im subscribing to Nod32,

Havent installed forefox yet,but will later..

If I have the problem again with firefox I will just have to drop it from further use.

edit....just got this on a update from Microsoft

This article describes how to remove the .NET Framework Assistant for Firefox from your computer. This article also describes how to update the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 for the .NET Framework Assistant 1.0 so that the component can be disabled.

adresses several compatability issue's with version 1.0

Note To download the Update to .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 for the .NET Framework Assistant 1.0 for Firefox, visit the following Microsoft Web site:

http://www.microsoft

Just thought I'd bump this up as a lot of browser freeze / crash problems are indeed caused by antivirus products that try to filter http traffic, if this is happening to you then open the settings of your antivirus program, look for http filtering (or port 80 filtering) and disable it.

Your antivirus software will still keep you safe, it just wont fiddle with the http stacks any more and your browser should stop freezing up.

• UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2020-08-11 09:57:16 Valid: 11/08/2020 1000 - 12/08/2020 0600 THUNDERSTORM OUTLOOK - TUES 11TH AUG 2020 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F
    Latest weather updates from Netweather 1

Hot and humid with thunderstorm risk as air pollution increases

Warmer in the north as the heatwave continues in the south. It will feel humid with that heat as the risk of thunderstorms remains. Still air with temperatures well into the 30sC Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather