Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Joe Barstewardi's Blog

Posted

http://www.accuweather.com/ukie/laminate floori-europe-blog.asp?partner=accuweather

What do you guys think? perhaps he is on to something? It cannot be right that temp' readings can be so far from the truth can it?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

My guess would be that, after his first 'hit' in x-number-of-years,' his ego has gone into overdrive??

Posted

My guess would be that, after his first 'hit' in x-number-of-years,' his ego has gone into overdrive??

I think he's really a super hero in disguise as a weather forecaster and ....he will save us!!!!! and the earth!! :D

supermanbast.jpg

Posted

:whistling::rolleyes::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Can you stick a seagull on his shoulder?? Sorry Dave! :lol:

Posted

supermanbastandgull.jpg

best i can do atm i'm afraid oops hope he doesn't read this :whistling:

Edited by cyclonic happiness

Posted

I dont know why moe bastradi gets such a hard time,nonono.gif sure hes bigheaded and cocky but he does know his stuff. He has called this winter SPOT ON so far and thats for the whole of europe, something our own forecasters failed to do.

I enjoy reading his updates more than most over here.. A touch of jelousy perhaps?? spiteful.gif

Edited by Jed Bickerdike

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Hes calls every winter cold, so he's bound to get one right eventually. Still if you're looking to get accuracy, probably the best thing to do is called a severe winter every year, one is bound to happen eventually - He must have the bar set pretty low!

Posted

Hes calls every winter cold, so he's bound to get one right eventually. Still if you're looking to get accuracy, probably the best thing to do is called a severe winter every year, one is bound to happen eventually - He must have the bar set pretty low!

I havent seen any of his winter forecasts so couldnt possibly comment on that biggrin.gif

All I can say is thank god ian browns guess at a very cold winter the other year wasnt this one, as we would never have heard the end of it!

Posted

I dont know why moe bastradi gets such a hard time,nonono.gif sure hes bigheaded and cocky but he does know his stuff. He has called this winter SPOT ON so far and thats for the whole of europe, something our own forecasters failed to do.

I enjoy reading his updates more than most over here.. A touch of jelousy perhaps?? spiteful.gif

Exactly Jed, I'll back JB any time, against the hopeless clowns down at the MetO. At least he's not in the pockets of the IPCC, hence he's not obliged to add any AGW bias to his forecasts!

Posted

Exactly Jed, I'll back JB any time, against the hopeless clowns down at the MetO. At least he's not in the pockets of the IPCC, hence he's not obliged to add any AGW bias to his forecasts!

And, if EVERY WINTER was an Armageddon, he'd be right more often than 1 in 10?? :crazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

supermanbastandgull.jpg

best i can do atm i'm afraid oops hope he doesn't read this :drinks:

can you not have him in a batman outfit with piers corbyn as robin???

Posted

<P itxtvisited="1">MONDAY 3 AM <P itxtvisited="1">LATE WEEK SNOWS LIKELY IN LONDON <P itxtvisited="1">Okay thaw is over.. time for more fun and games. <P itxtvisited="1">The next 5 days will find the upper ridge popping back northwest over Iceland which turns Great Britain into an Iceland. I think the heaviest snows of the season are on the way for the southeastern part of Great Britain ( London) as the deep northeast flow and the very chilly air coming over the water picks up plenty of moisture and the snow flies a new later Thursday into Friday. In any case as we approach Valentines day we find much of Europe in classic cold with the mid and late week maps featuring and icelandic high pressure aloft and plenty of low pressure aloft from Spain to the Balkans and the drainage southwest of cold air back into the west. Make sure you have something, and someone to keep you warm. ciao for now ****

Posted

Ye spot on. The met office winter and summer forecasts have been a joke, something is badly wrong when it takes the guys in the US to correctly predict our weather wallbash.gif

Posted

Oh Pete, now I can't help but feel, that the MetO's odds are somewhat as dire when it comes to LRG! drinks.gif

In a way Solar, that is my point: if they are all next-to-useless, why bother backing any of 'em?? :)

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

I'm sorry but my trust in a man who's surname is barsteward is severely lacking. Ever since we used it at school to avoid get wrong for saying the word b**t**d.

You can blame a teacher for that one.