Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spain Under Snow 10-01-2010. -23º And Snow

Posted

Hi British friends!!!, This year, your winter is SO GOOD!!. I could see in Spanish TV news the dramatic landscapes of your winter!!, SO GOOD!. UK is so amazing.

Well, in Spain this winter is a bit good, the temperatures are sometimes SO cold, but in sometimes are warm (like today).

In important cities of North Spain had a temperatures totally extremes. -20º and -25º (Record is -32º, February of 1956). Well...Córdoba, and Sevilla saw the Snow!

As you can see, Spain is a country with extreme contrasts.

Well, that set of images are from Madrid (light/medium snowfall of 10-01-2010 5cm):

DSCN3751.jpg

10ENE09A.jpg

10ENE09D5.jpg

10ENE09P.jpg

10ENE09I.jpg

10ENE09K.jpg

10ENE09M.jpg

10ENE09N.jpg

10ENE09Q.jpg

10ENE09Q2.jpg

Burgos (200.000 inhabitants, Cold sttepes from centre/north Spain 880masl)

P1272508.jpg

_DSC0047.jpg

_DSC0119.jpg

_DSC0043.jpg

_DSC0069.jpg

04dic09.jpg

Pamplona (198.000 inhabitants, 400masl, North Spain)

pamplonasi105foro.jpg

pamplonasi86foro.jpg

pamplonasi103foro.jpg

pamplonasi125foro.jpg

pamplonasi135foroy.jpg

pamplonasi149foro.jpg

Snow in the beach (San Sebastián, North of Spain)

forotermometro2.jpg

foroconcha3.jpg

forourgull4.jpg

forourguuuullnueva.jpg

Misc. Snowfall in valleis from Andalucia (Sevilla, Córdoba...)

07_autovia.jpg

10_autovia.jpg

09_autovia.jpg

13_monesterio.jpg

16_monesterio.jpg

20_encina_nevada.jpg

23_idilico.jpg

Greatins from Spain!! B)

Edited by MeteoMadrid

Posted

thank you for those lovely photographs and pleased you are enjoying your winter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Great photos, thanks very much.

BL :lol:

Posted

Snow in Seville! :)

Yes, Sevilla saw Snow over fourty or fourty five minutes.

Records in Sevilla:

Tem. max. absoluta (ºC) 46.6 (23 jul 1995)

Tem. min. absoluta (ºC) -5.5 (12 feb 1956)

The last heavy snowfall in Sevilla was in 1956 with 15cm of Snow.

All land of Spain has saw the Snow, of course in the beaches the snow is very strange.

Thank you for the replies!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Wonderful pics, thanks for sharing.

Those seem impressively low temperatures, colder that we've recorded in the UK this winter! -22.3 I think was the minimum in Altnaharra, Scotland.

Posted

Hi Meteo Madrid

My niece, (Spanish father English mother) absolutely loves snow and this is her 2nd winter in Madrid. She will be very happy judging from the photos.

many thanks for sharing them.

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Wonderful pictures - thanks for showing us thesesmile.gif

Incredible to think of the snow in southern Spain. It is not uncommon in the north of the country, but down there - amazing!

Posted

Snow on the beach at San Sebastian shows the depth of cold, quite astonishing, given the southerly location and the relative warmth of the Bay of Biscay. I know coastal parts of NE Spain are prone to snow when there is a cold NE blast, but not the north coast of Spain - unusual indeed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Looks like Spain has done well this Winter too.

Posted

Snow on the beach at San Sebastian shows the depth of cold, quite astonishing, given the southerly location and the relative warmth of the Bay of Biscay. I know coastal parts of NE Spain are prone to snow when there is a cold NE blast, but not the north coast of Spain - unusual indeed.

Well...the coast of NE of Spain..is not strange to see the Snow. San Sebastián in the bay of Vizcaya is the most cold coast city in Spain..because it is nearly to the continent (more extreme).

I remember heavy snowfalls in San Sebastian...in 1996 more than 30cm...in 1986 more than 30cm in 2005 more than 15cm.

The only strange thing in this cold spell, it has been the Snowfall in Seville and Cordoba.

-23º in Spain is normal in the cold Steppes...the Record is -32º.

This winter is normal....a bit cold..but this week is so warm with temperatures in Madrid like 8º or 9º (+4º)

Incredible to think of the snow in southern Spain. It is not uncommon in the north of the country, but down there - amazing

Yes....but no...Spain has a so dificult clime..In the south the Snow is not strange over 600masl (many land of the south)

My niece, (Spanish father English mother) absolutely loves snow and this is her 2nd winter in Madrid. She will be very happy judging from the photos.

hehehe yes, but the last year was a so good...15/20cm in the center of Madrid (15/20 cm in the center of Madrid is so strange, the last was in 1997 with 12cm in the centre. hehehe in Spain the British are so welcome in Madrid!

Those seem impressively low temperatures, colder that we've recorded in the UK this winter! -22.3 I think was the minimum in Altnaharra, Scotland

Yes my girlfriend is Scottish (from Penicuik, Edinburgh)...She has been in Madrid for a one week in January...She saw: "Oh my god..I don´t understand..Snow and freezing temperatures in Madrid!" hehehe Typical topic of Spain...like Spain is a desert (Spain is the third european country with more forests, with 58%), Spain warm, All time Siesta and beach hehehehe.

Ancient winters were winters..My mother remember Snowfalls that 50 or 60cm in 60´s....and my brother in the firsts years of 80´s..when the Snowfalls in Madrid were Snowfalls with 15/20cm...Now the Winters are a bit warm..

Greatins from the warm and tropical Spain hehehe :unknw::unknw: