Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Any Snow Left ? How Long Did It Last ?

stewfox

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Nothing left in Norwich, but there were patches that lasted through to yesterday evening and I think there was still >50% cover around the fields until Thursday. As I wasn't in Norwich until the 5th January I'm not sure when the snow cover started up after New Year, although there was certainly a spell of it from 18 December through to just before Christmas.

For Cleadon, there were 28 consecutive mornings with at least some snow or ice on the ground from 18 December, 23 of which had more than 50% cover. I'm pretty sure it's gone from there now though.

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Nothing left in Norwich, but there were patches that lasted through to yesterday evening and I think there was still >50% cover around the fields until Thursday. As I wasn't in Norwich until the 5th January I'm not sure when the snow cover started up after New Year, although there was certainly a spell of it from 18 December through to just before Christmas.

For Cleadon, there were 28 consecutive mornings with at least some snow or ice on the ground from 18 December, 23 of which had more than 50% cover. I'm pretty sure it's gone from there now though.

Just about Ian, only bits left are compacted ice where people have cleared driveways but these are dwindling fast and not before time if you ask me, nowt worse than dirty piles of ice dotted around... Really looking forward to a bit sunshine can't survive another day of raw, dull and wet 'no-mans' land...!!!

Posted

Still a few lumps left around here where people piled it to clear the driveways but it's going fast! The first snow in the recent spell was on the ground on the evening of Tuesday 5th so 11 days.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Still a few lumps left around here where people piled it to clear the driveways but it's going fast! The first snow in the recent spell was on the ground on the evening of Tuesday 5th so 11 days.

Had snow cover from 1st jan-10th jan. There was never more then 2 inches at my location but i was happy enough. I had 3 dustings in december and also freezing rain which made roads and pavements lethal. I didnt have a proper fall of snow until about an hour or so before we rang in the new yr. The 10 days of snow cover i had was probably the most amount of days in a row with snowcover since the 80,s at my location.

Edited by sundog

Posted

All gone here apart from the remains of snowmen and piles of snow by people's drives!

We had 10 days of lying snow in this current spell and 6 days before Christmas - this is the most I remember - I'm sure that 87 and 91 did not have that length of lying snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

For here all gone but patches and ice a couple of days ago but did have 27 days of lying snow. Good for near the coast at no altitude.

For my home town Aberfeldy, today was their 28th successive snow lying day but now slushy over ice. Still a good few centimetres though away from roads and roofs.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

28 days with snow cover, today being the first without.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

10 cm last night and full cover this morning patchy cover and now almost gone altogether.

Posted

Most of the snow dissapeared from low ground yesterday, however, some grassy areas still have about 50% cover, mainly areas which have not seen much activity such as the local bowling green which still looks fairly white.

Our car park is like a ice rink, the ice is going to take some shifting I feel, the heavy rain overnight has made it treacherous and wasn't enough to clear it away.

Some tarmac areas still contain a bit of snow, and many fields with a northerly aspect have good cover at the 150m mark. Its been too gloomy to see where the snowline lines, suspect somewhere around the 400m mark.

Posted

We lost most of our Snow overnight,with only patches remaining. 29 days on the trot with full snow cover.

Just managed to get up the hill out of town today, lots of Snow above 300m.

Massive drifts still.

Great winter so far, lets hope we get a reload in the next few weeks.

Edited by Chrissy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

There's still some snow cover in Inverness, meaning that there has been 28 consecutive days of lying snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

really sad now the snow has gone, only remains of snowmen left now, or huge snowballs in school field, I had my snow from 5th-15th January, with a very quick thaw on the 15th

Posted

About 50% snow cover, on paths etc, grass in Back garden has 90% snow cover with 5cm left.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Just some dirty icy slush around , but still some in sheltered fields and on high ground , i would imagine there is still a covering over t'other side of winter hill

Posted

Snow about two inches thick in some places up top Detling Hill in the White Horse Park today when i went up there at 1pm to walk the dog he loved it. It was slushy and still white in places where it had drifted it gets really windy up there.

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Like others, apart from snow piled to the side of driveways and paths and the remains of lots of snowmen etc it has mostly all gone now.

The first snowfall here was on New Years Day evening, with a further fall the following day according to people here (we were still away). We came back to a 4cm covering on the 4th, this then covered by the falls on the 5th, with this snow cover then lasting until yesterday afternoon. The extra fall last Tuesday and Wednesday had already thawed by Thursday largely.

Maximum level depth of 16cm on the back lawn. On Thursday evening there was still an 8cm covering but a rapid thaw removed this by yesterday evening.

Length of snow cover at 0900 was from January 2nd to 15th or 14 days. Thats the longest I have witnessed since 1991 in the Midlands.

Met Office Snow Cover from 2nd to 14th, so 13 days, but cover every day this year until the snow finally thawed midday Saturday, so 16 days. Very rapid thaw of heavy snow from Wednesday evening to Friday morning, it must be said.

Posted

Met Office Snow Cover from 2nd to 14th, so 13 days, but cover every day this year until the snow finally thawed midday Saturday, so 16 days. Very rapid thaw of heavy snow from Wednesday evening to Friday morning, it must be said.

About 75% snow coverage in my back garden (North Hampshire) at 9am this morning. There looks like there will be some left tomorrow morning but almost certainly not 50%. There has been some snow on the ground since 2nd January which makes this a very impressive spell (17 days). In total there has been snow on the ground on 28 days so far this winter.

Posted

Still some snow or more correctly post-2744-12637384482128_thumb.jpgpost-2744-12637384660628_thumb.jpgice left after last nights ground frost. Pictures are from the 2nd of January and today 17th of January. Currently 4c very little wind and partly cloudy. Its waiting for more!

Still some snow or more correctly post-2744-12637384482128_thumb.jpgpost-2744-12637384660628_thumb.jpgice left after last nights ground frost. Pictures are from the 2nd of January and today 17th of January. Currently 4c very little wind and partly cloudy. Its waiting for more!

We have had snow cover since the 17th of December.

Posted

It's all gone here other than a few small patches of what were areas where people have shovelled into massive piles.

Surprised how quick it dissapeared.

Ironically the ice patches from around Christmas are still around though, its like a piece of the past been exposed :lol:

Posted

Ice is very stubborn to leave parts, its been resident in many place for over 4 weeks, its been a major problem for bin collections. Because our car park has been laden with ice for over 4 weeks we have not had a bin collection since the 13th Dec. We have had to resort to clearing the driveway and car park ourselves today, hopefully we will get the rubbish cleared next week.

Plenty of snow in sheltered parts around here above about 150m and lower in areas with a very sheltered northern aspect.

However, the thaw has reached at least the height of 500m if not more, couldn't see above the 600m line due to cloud cover, however, I expect there to be a general cover from about 700m, with freeze thaw cycle now setting in, this aids consolidation, those 100cm drifts are not going to go quickly!

Posted

Rapid thaw today, only snow patches left on the hills and on the streets where we had to shovel into mounds. Apart from a couple of days after Christmas we've had snow lying for almost a month! It seemed strange this morning waking up to everything being green outside.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

Theres small pathces of snow left in some fields now, Its the best we have had since i was a little kid. Listening to my favourate band is making me miss the snow like mad though.