Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Majorly dense freezing fog at the moment with visibility of 100 meters and temperature of -0.2c, brrr.

Incredible wintry scenes in the countryside, snow is quite deep and it was knackering walking long distances in it :wallbash:

Fantastic cold spell and to be honest a bit of normal would be good, a months cold spell has spoilt us that we want it all the time, sorry but this is the UK :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Well my school has adopted a new tactic today. Yesterday it got everyone in and realised it was stupid and sent them all home at 10am. Today they haven't even said whether school is open or not! What a joke.

Declared it open at last. Snow is starting to melt though but I am betting the roads will be covered in sheet ice again.

Posted

Bween checking the radar - that band moving up from SE looking promising. Moving pretty fast and not breaking up.

My temps and dewpoint rising pretty rapidly so guess it will be rain:-(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

still got all snow, only melted a bit on house roofs, misty now at 0.6C, slow thaw I feel today, then thats it, back to crappy normal stuff until Feb at the earliest

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

still got all snow, only melted a bit on house roofs, misty now at 0.6C, slow thaw I feel today, then thats it, back to crappy normal stuff until Feb at the earliest

the cold could return by midweek

Posted

Bween checking the radar - that band moving up from SE looking promising. Moving pretty fast and not breaking up.

Yep. Just checked, and temp and dew point are 0oC here.

Would be interesting to hear anything from Northants. PPN has hit there, and dew points look at 0oC.

Edited by Shiny_Bottom_1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW..... THUNDERSTORMS

Why is there an advisory out or saturday for staffs and east for snow! Thought it was going to rain?:-s

Posted
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl

Yesterdays snow was definitely worth waiting for!!! Best for some time it has to be said - my car is still stuck 5 minutes from my house!!! hopefully it will thaw slightly today so I can get it moving again rolleyes.gif

Posted

Majorly dense freezing fog at the moment with visibility of 100 meters and temperature of -0.2c, brrr.

Same here, can't tell what the weather's doing as the fog's toooo thick !! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Coldie!

This morning (at about 7ish) with the mist - it was truly beautiful!! It's still all nice and white outside my house. However there is a most definite thaw going on.

Bring on the next cold snap :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Still watching that band to our South.

Dew point, did get up to 1oC, is back down to 0oC.

Will be rain i'm afraid. Everywhere who has had it has had rain from it even with temps at 1c and dew around 0c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

But we are talking about Derby Andy ;)

It's going too far East anyway it seems :shok: It's not even hit Leicester yet and we are on the extreme Western edge of it.

I am actually looking forward to some mild weather for a change, I never thought i'd say that but our electric bill must be through the roof because for the last 5 weeks we have had convector heaters on most days and we still haven't got our boiler sorted. It's going to get sorted within a week or 2 though, when the council get back to us. Typical though... One of the coldest winters so far for years and we have no heating or hot water :lol:

I must admit, that most of the snowflakes that fell today were rather tiny, although dense at the same time.

Also, I came across some cool poetry from alijoe in the Wales Cold Spell Discussion and thought I might have a go myself...

"During the weekend the snow will go"

"This will make me feel so low"

"But have no fear"

"The snow will be here"

"But you'll have to wait till next week, though" cool.gif

I like it :lol:

Posted

Like I said yesterday, its been a great cold spell for low tempertures and Ice in Nottingham but snow amounts were nothing spectacular. Pleased for the rest of you but a definite anti-climax when it came to the snow for us sad.gif

Edited by Ryan05

Posted

So we're looking at temps of up to 5c tomorrow, positively mild by comparison. Forecasts are already talking of the return of colder weather next week so perhaps more snow on the way?? wacko.gif

Posted

Hi Guys

Just to let you know the Regional Threads will be Closed at around Midnight tonight and a General Cold Spell Discussion for the Whole Uk Will be Opened at the same time.

Regards

Paul S

Posted

If I look hard....very hard...potential for a few wintry showers tomorrow morning and Saturday.

Of course, there was no 'selectiveness' in looking at different forecasts :)