Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted

Quiet a bit of precipation moving up towards cornwall at the moment rain coming ?

I would imagine that would hit us sometime tonight so all depends on temps and dew points and the uppers I suppose

Posted

Snow now the heaviest it's been all day. Radar shows it has stalled over us.

Posted

Same here, we've got nearly 7 inches from this event!

Posted

Yep agree , for some reason I thought it would have cleared by mid day but its been small fine flakes all day but now its really going for it. Kids are currently sledging having had today off (Llanfyllin High) and its looking like they'll have another day off tomorrow.

Thought the main roads would be Ok , but A483 is looking tricky in places .

Powys / Shopshire border (Llanymynech)

Posted

currently o degrees here and theres a bit of fog starting to come down ,that snow that youre having is it going to reach us in the blackwood caerphilly area?

Posted

Something brewing over cornwall need to watch it.Not forecaste but looks quiet threatening radar watch in a few hrs.

Edited by keithlucky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers

Just got back from my A level statistics exam....not much snow melt if any.....will we get more snow tonight?

Statistically, no chance. Be happy with what we've got in Cardiff and hope it hangs around for a few days!

Despite earlier wintry mix very little snow thaw. All ground covered, some trees/bushes have lost some snow, and some roofs have thawed as well. but still very pretty good outside. A slight freeze likely tonight before the thaw starts on Friday.

I'm pretty sure that stuff off Cornwall is not heading for us, it should move acros NW france and up the channel perhaps clipping the SE of England.

Despite earlier wintry mix very little snow thaw. ll ground covered, some trees/bushes have lost some snow, and some roofs have thawed as well. but still very pretty good outside. A slight freeze likely tonight before the thaw starts on Friday.

How much did you get?

Everything is refreezing already with icicles back with vengeance.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Still everything covered, even roofs. Cleard the end of the drive just now so mum can get out to work tomorrow! as long as it dont rain overnight or in the morning i think my school will be closed again as still 4-5inches everywhere apart from what has been walk on like pavements, but still 2inches or so there. This has been an amazing snowfall for me here so very happy with it! temp 0.5C and slowly falling.

Foggy here now.

Edited by Deepsnow

I'm pretty sure that stuff off Cornwall is not heading for us, it should move acros NW france and up the channel perhaps clipping the SE of England.

How much did you get?

Everything is refreezing already with icicles back with vengeance.

Around 4-5 inches with drifts of 8 inches.

You know it's quite deep when you cannot see the road from the pavements.

No sign of any refreeze yet, but that seems likely with temps today not getting above 1c.

Posted

I had another 4/5" on top of the couple left from last week, though difficult to say with the drifting. I make that 13 consecutive days of very nearly full snow cover here! Incredible, given the location. It was weird driving to Pembroke this morning, coming down off the hill into Pembrokshire and seeing all the green fields!

The pics are from the lane above my house. They were digging it out with a JCB this morning!

post-7763-12634042263328_thumb.jpg

post-7763-12634042889428_thumb.jpg

Same again next week?

Edited by benb

Posted

No thaw now until friday and even then the milder air will struggle to thaw all that we have on the ground - The snow will struggle to be here mind by next tuesday when further easterlies will drag the temps right back down into the freezer - but as I said before things keep changing and the milder air on friday/saturday/sunday may not be as mild as progged now so we might then keep more of the snow we've got.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Foggy conditions here, maybe a freeze later.

Posted

Ah well,this could be it for a while now, may even be the last cold spell.

Maybe this winter was a freak and ,it could be back to mild shmild for the next ten years.

Much longer gaps appearing between each post now, since the final whistle was blown earlier on.

This could be it folks, and i shall miss every single bit of the debate, right through from lamp posts to Andy musics -12 , the frustration as the snow just misses or peters out , the elation like last night as it just kept on and on and on.

Earlier this winter all i wanted was for the lampost to deliver for at least 20minutes non stop, last night it delivered for so long that i was up till 4am watching it , before it tired me out and i gave in.

The show is over now, the stadium is emptying, the security guard will be locking up shortly, soon the only sound will be the whisting of the wnd and the russling of empty crisp packets flying around the stands, a few seagulls on the pitch and maybe a stray cat or two.

Snow is decomposing and discolouring, id rather it all went overnight than a dragged out ghastly ghoulish affair.

Will pop in from time to time to see when the next show is on.

Take care folks.

Posted

Ah well,this could be it for a while now, may even be the last cold spell.

Maybe this winter was a freak and ,it could be back to mild shmild for the next ten years.

Much longer gaps appearing between each post now, since the final whistle was blown earlier on.

This could be it folks, and i shall miss every single bit of the debate, right through from lamp posts to Andy musics -12 , the frustration as the snow just misses or peters out , the elation like last night as it just kept on and on and on.

Earlier this winter all i wanted was for the lampost to deliver for at least 20minutes non stop, last night it delivered for so long that i was up till 4am watching it , before it tired me out and i gave in.

The show is over now, the stadium is emptying, the security guard will be locking up shortly, soon the only sound will be the whisting of the wnd and the russling of empty crisp packets flying around the stands, a few seagulls on the pitch and maybe a stray cat or two.

Snow is decomposing and discolouring, id rather it all went overnight than a dragged out ghastly ghoulish affair.

Will pop in from time to time to see when the next show is on.

Take care folks.

I think you'll be popping in a lot sooner than you think - keep an eye around 25th Jan and then into Feb - Joe admits it may not be as cold as what we just had - which were extremes of cold mind -15 etc - but in our normal mild dross winters this next period will still deliver - spring is still a long way away!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Mate, my college has decided to open tomorrow lol...can you believe it.

Same but theres no chance il be able to get in, got big drifts on the road.

Posted

Hi all really tired tonight watching them lampost last night done me in lol,i ventured out today with my mate and kids in my 4x4 to have some fun, went up bwlch mountain followed behind a tractor and could only get to key hole as the drifts were huge,flat snow was about 10 to 14 inch on lower road and drifts were massive,was to scared to try and go higher but it was wonderfull up there, my kids schools are closed tomor so may try and get up there later in the day tomor.it is closed but fantastic up there its like another world.

the snow does seem to be melting away up here mind.(but not up the bwlch)

so right when is the next lot guys we are excited all ready lol.

Posted

Hi all really tired tonight watching them lampost last night done me in lol,i ventured out today with my mate and kids in my 4x4 to have some fun, went up bwlch mountain followed behind a tractor and could only get to key hole as the drifts were huge,flat snow was about 10 to 14 inch on lower road and drifts were massive,was to scared to try and go higher but it was wonderfull up there, my kids schools are closed tomor so may try and get up there later in the day tomor.it is closed but fantastic up there its like another world.

the snow does seem to be melting away up here mind.(but not up the bwlch)

so right when is the next lot guys we are excited all ready lol.

keep an eye on the 25th Jan

thaw ain't started here either yet - gfs still adjusting down temps as each model trundles out so this mild weekend may not be as mild as 1st thought - cold air still fighting back

Edited by andymusic

Posted

keep an eye on the 25th Jan

"Ali makes a date in my diary,,,,for,,,,,,SNOW"air_kiss.gif

My puppy is going to be sooooo sooooo sad when all the snow goes this week, he is certainly a Snow Dog not a Hot Dog....

Posted

"Ali makes a date in my diary,,,,for,,,,,,SNOW"air_kiss.gif

Nope early valentines lol!!!!!!!!! - the cold should start returning properly - might not be the -15s we had but it won't be the mild even larger teapot dross - and this spell will last into feb and beyond through into the middle of march