Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted

Looking at the satelite pictures and the radar looks as though there is another band working its way up currently off the tip of cornwall will this come our way and if it does will it be snow? :pardon:

Posted

Looking at the satelite pictures and the radar looks as though there is another band working its way up currently off the tip of cornwall will this come our way and if it does will it be snow? smile.gif

it'll be snow if it gets here - temps are progged to stay in the freezer today and the meto have an advisory warning regarding rain/sleet/snow falling on icy surfaces all day today - so they are expecting something and the fact that the temps will not get above freezer level - will keep things just thr right side of marginal

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Just a quick notice to y'all...We'll have no-more anti-English (or anti anyone-else) posts, thank you! :pardon::clap:

Recidivists will be terminated!

Posted

not sure anything in south west england is progged for us but there are some showers approaching out to sea that might have wales name on them!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Just been out and for the first time i have seen a snow plough go through Bridgend lol people out with spades etc clearing the snow from streets and drive ways! Been out for a walk and in some places its gotta be 6-7inches. Its turned to ice on trees and they are creaking in the slighest breeze, my weather station is still frozen too. Temp showing 0.3C. Its going to take more than just today to thaw all this!! At this rate i dont think there will be a great deal of melting today though.

Posted

according to Raintoday it's cleared up pretty much across the country. A light flurry here at Aberystwyth at the moment, but nothing much.

What's it like elsewhere (Carmarthenshire, Pembrokeshire)???

Posted

Just been out and for the first time i have seen a snow plough go through Bridgend lol people out with spades etc clearing the snow from streets and drive ways! Been out for a walk and in some places its gotta be 6-7inches. Its turned to ice on trees and they are creaking in the slighest breeze, my weather station is still frozen too. Temp showing 0.3C. Its going to take more than just today to thaw all this!! At this rate i dont think there will be a great deal of melting today though.

The way the models are going they are downgrading the mild temps all the time - at this rate there will be no mild we'll keep the snow and then dive straight back into the freezer with another bone chilling easterly

Posted

stopped snowing at Aberystwyth now. Looks like that's it then. It was fun while it lasted!

it ain't over yet - winter has a lot more in store for us yet

Posted

it ain't over yet - winter has a lot more in store for us yet

What about the next few days? I presume it's going to be milder now until the weekend?

Posted

What about the next few days? I presume it's going to be milder now until the weekend?

not necessarily - the milder air is slowly being downgraded with beach model run so by the weekend the milder air might not make all that much difference anyway and next monday - tuesday we may well go back into the freezer with an easterly

Posted

The snow front seems to have stalled. And the wind is going back towards an south easterly on the East coast. The warm air may not make it apart from the far south west. I hope it does as it will be chaos if this lot don't melt up here. I well remember winters in the olden days. laughs - when mild were promised and huge dumpings in the West for the mild to never appear. Also noticed a large dumping of something on it's way up across from France. That just may make Wales this evening. I am not sure this is over - the models are squeezing out this mild and not going to thaw today as temperature still below freezing up here in the Rhondda...

Posted

Andy

They deleted my ad and I was going to say two colours now available white and yellow

you asked about sending a copy to Derek - I think he'd keep that photo for his private stash!

defo be freezin all day today - will have to look at models later to determine if the milder downgrade continues, but I think it might just do that! - no let up then and then this snow will hang around right through!

Posted

The pictures i have attatched, are of me standing in the snow drift, at the top of Tycoch hill, on the drift side of the field.

Deepest part i found was nearly 3 foot.

Crazy.

This is not up in the valleys,this is not Aviemore, this is Swansea !

Andy , the mild temperatures do keep getting pushed back , a few days ago im sure it had 6-7 degrees here for today, now this seems more likely to be Friday.

Cant beleive its taken so long for the atlantic to win, and it hasnt really won yet ......surely it will by Friday or Saturday??

I have not looked at any future forecasts , so will ask , and try not to ramp the cold , but what is the outlook??

post-9521-12633848796928_thumb.jpg

post-9521-12633849110328_thumb.jpg

Posted

meto have a warning for heavy rain on sat hoping it stays too cold for that and we get another dumping lol :lol:

Posted

The pictures i have attatched, are of me standing in the snow drift, at the top of Tycoch hill, on the drift side of the field.

Deepest part i found was nearly 3 foot.

Crazy.

This is not up in the valleys,this is not Aviemore, this is Swansea !

Andy , the mild temperatures do keep getting pushed back , a few days ago im sure it had 6-7 degrees here for today, now this seems more likely to be Friday.

Cant beleive its taken so long for the atlantic to win, and it hasnt really won yet ......surely it will by Friday or Saturday??

I have not looked at any future forecasts , so will ask , and try not to ramp the cold , but what is the outlook??

mild is being pushed out slowly - keep a close eye on the gfs models - then monday/tuesday next week back into the freezer with a mega easterly - hope we get a little bit of mild so as to be able to get some supplies in if nothing else!

you don't need to ramp the cold - it's RAMPING ITSELF!!!!!!!!!!

we could start a new ski resort here that's for sure - Pontypridd in Tirol, great virgin snow, fantastic apres ski and the nastiest black run going called the Graigerhorn!drinks.gif

Posted

mild is being pushed out slowly - keep a close eye on the gfs models - then monday/tuesday next week back into the freezer with a mega easterly - hope we get a little bit of mild so as to be able to get some supplies in if nothing else!

we could start a new ski resort here that's for sure - Pontypridd in Tirol, great virgin snow, fantastic apres ski and the nastiest black run going called the Graigerhorn!drinks.gif

The Graig would make a good Cresta run. laughs....

Posted

Radar showing a few rain showers here and there progressing quite far inland into south and west wales now.

Will be interesting to see if it is rain on mount Tycoch , surely it cannot snow again lol???

not necessarily - the milder air is slowly being downgraded with beach model run so by the weekend the milder air might not make all that much difference anyway and next monday - tuesday we may well go back into the freezer with an easterly

Beach model run, it's not that warm. :lol:

GFS does go for mild on Friday, hopefully wrong, as I would like to keep snow for time being.

Posted

Beach model run, it's not that warm. laugh.gif

GFS does go for mild on Friday, hopefully wrong, as I would like to keep snow for time being.

freudian slip - just took dogs for a walk - Graig hill closed - be good to see who could get from the top to the bottom the quickest - the graig run (cresta)

Posted

Beach model run, it's not that warm. laugh.gif

may well be - models adjusting temps downwards all the time