Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion 19:

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

My 0C dewpoint alarm will be handy this evening - doubt I'll be woken up by it but I do hope so!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

Just home from working the late shift and it's raining here and in Dundee. Temp here +1.6C DP +1.0C.

Posted

:drinks:

Let it snow let it snow let it snow!!

It might be light, but it is snowing here now!! :good:

Now now don't be greedy, share around. :)

Need cheering up with the pool get gubbed again!!!

Edited by Cheggers

Now now don't be greedy, share around. :)

It is more like rain than snow now... :( :lol:

:drinks: ROFL

aww Catch.. :)

OK going for the wine, then the MO thread, charts are dodgy on NW so quickest way to get the "drift" (pun intended) is to go in.. back in a bit

How's the wine going down?? Please "pun" away :good:

Posted

I noticed today that the snow depth on the upper slopes of Cairngorm has reached 200cm which by my calculations is getting close to 7 feet in old money. I wonder what the deepest snow there has been on the ski slopes and how deep it may get this year??

Quoted on piste snow depths are usually plucked out of thin air by the places that report them for Scotland! :yahoo:

More often or not we ski on drifted snow that often lands where we ski on it long after it fell out of the sky. This means burn courses, gullies and other natural snow fields can accumulate snow to depths of tens of feet in some instances.

To put the amount of snow into perspective, the snowploughs couldn't get more than a third of the way up the road the last 2 days, the snowblowers didn't fare much better, burrowing to a standstill. The 'down' road which is below the more exposed up road on CairnGorm is under 13ft of snow and heavy earth moving machinery has been brought in to start on digging the road out at 4am on Thursday. It's not yet known how much snow the up road is under. :yahoo:

Quoted on piste snow depths are usually plucked out of thin air by the places that report them for Scotland! :rofl:

More often or not we ski on drifted snow that often lands where we ski on it long after it fell out of the sky. This means burn courses, gullies and other natural snow fields can accumulate snow to depths of tens of feet in some instances.

To put the amount of snow into perspective, the snowploughs couldn't get more than a third of the way up the road the last 2 days, the snowblowers didn't fare much better, burrowing to a standstill. The 'down' road which is below the more exposed up road on CairnGorm is under 13ft of snow and heavy earth moving machinery has been brought in to start on digging the road out at 4am on Thursday. It's not yet known how much snow the up road is under. :yahoo:

"under 13ft of snow" :yahoo:

In the lowlands that would be an abandoned road....

Posted

"under 13ft of snow" :D

More like entering your garden from your bedroom window. :)

Zzzzz time, night all,

More like entering your garden from your bedroom window. :D

Zzzzz time, night all,

I would need at least 25ft of snow to enter the garden from my bedroom window: tenements.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

1.9C and becoming more and more sleety! I don't see temperatures rebounding much so perhaps the heavy showers to our southeast will bring us a welcome surprise by tomorrow morning! Pub run looks good in the reliable timeframe, with a proper ESE wind kicking in and the high far enough away to allow good shower activity to develop.

h850t850eu.png

Enjoy!

LS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

"under 13ft of snow" :cold:

There's money at stake here so things happen. Always the way.

Who spray painted everything white in the night?? :lol: We have a covering, but it looks like it is painted on :good:

Edit: I am looking forward to the walk to school....day 26 with a covering of snow :) Not sure if we'll see day 27 :(

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted

Turned to snow here, and just beginning to lie on the road and the wet ground. Will have a check on the charts in a few mins.

LS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

Raining here. Temp +0.9C, DP +0.5C.

Posted

Snowing now and lying on the wet ground.

Posted

Temp +0.6C DP +0.2C (-0.2C/hour).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Has been snowing lightly here since about 7am. we have a good 1-2cm covering and everything looks lovely again.

Still steady light snow falling. lovely............ i think i'll enjoy a wee cuppa and watch the snow for 5 mins before i do some work!

has anyone seen tuesdays chart?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Surprised it is snowing here really, with temps and dew points sitting at 1.2c. Nice dusting which has freshened things up a bit. I see the models have crashed and burned again!