Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion 19:

Methuselah

For the first time in quite a while, some places down here must have more snow than some places up there.

Isn't snow good :lol:

Aye. Don't forget you are an adopted Scot now, so there is no "down here" and "up there", just "aww aboot ra place".

Posted

Oh dear poor ECM run tonight........there will be tears in the model thread. Will wait and visit later once toys are collected and placed back in pram.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: COLD AND SNOWY

i know what u mean, :lol: recently unless its showin the day after tomorrow easterly everyone is on a downer, weve all been spoilt by this codl spell, we have had moderate snow for over 2 hours and a white covering everywhere again temp currently 0.4*c, thats 26 days in AYR with snow on the ground amazing by any standard , if it keeps snowing lke it is forecast we are in for the best covering since 18th december , get in :good:

Oh dear poor ECM run tonight........there will be tears in the model thread. Will wait and visit later once toys are collected and placed back in pram.

I braved the mod thread earlier, what a mistaka to make-a!!!

Back to more pressing issues, all forecasts point to some snow overnight. So please, bring it on!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Back to more pressing issues, all forecasts point to some snow overnight. So please, bring it on!!

I think I'll stay in the Scottish thread...Realism is far better than?????? :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Raining here. Doesn't even look marginal - dewpoints too high really. Maybe later on we'll see some snow as these showers look like passing again but I'm not expecting much tonight. The ECM has wobbles like all other models, and TEITS has his secret forecasting technique which makes him think it'll be worse than '87, so all to play for really! One dodgy run is still better than what we had a few days ago when hardly any runs supported the easterly. I think it will happen though, the block just looks like it'll win through sooner or later, and given that an MMW (stratospheric warming conduicive to northerly blocking) appears to be on the cards, this could make for a very interesting start to February as well. I just wish TEITS would reveal his secret forecast method!

LS

I think I'll stay in the Scottish thread...Realism is far better than?????? :D

It is far better than getting pulverised for being honest :D

LS: 2C here with a dewpoint of 0C...looking ok for snow??

Posted

I think I'll stay in the Scottish thread...Realism is far better than?????? :D

Have my hard hat on because

1. It's hailing outside! and I have to take the dog for a walk

and

2. I'm going to try and brave the MO thread after that

what's happened to your "band of whatever" Catch? I thought it heading your way nicely earlier on...

Metoffice new style radar looking good for maybe a light dusting from midnight. 1.2 here with very fine drizzle. :D

Looking at the real radar the precip is fizzling out. BBC Scotland forecast earlier went for light snow overnight, but at the moment radar says "NO".

what's happened to your "band of whatever" Catch? I thought it heading your way nicely earlier on...

It's going fizzzzt :D

Posted

Looking at the real radar the precip is fizzling out. BBC Scotland forecast earlier went for light snow overnight, but at the moment radar says "NO".

It's going fizzzzt :D

BBC Scotland and STV been forcasting snow overnight all week, seen about 4 flakes!!!

BBC Scotland and STV been forcasting snow overnight all week, seen about 4 flakes!!!

They will be right eventually! How much ice have you got left?? :D We've got an inch and a half of fondant icing outside :D

Posted

They will be right eventually! How much ice have you got left?? :D We've got an inch and a half of fondant icing outside :D

Few bare patches starting to appear but in the main a good 3" at least, and very compacted. Takes my 14 stone frame without leaving a foot mark :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

still plenty of snow lying here probably about 3-4". Diggers etc have been out all day continuing to clear the roads.

Very icy underfoot everywhere.

Not peeked out at a lamppost to see the conditions yet but will brave it after a peek at the model thread. Yes i have strong Gin on hand just in case it get nasty! lol!

Posted

still plenty of snow lying here probably about 3-4". Diggers etc have been out all day continuing to clear the roads.

Very icy underfoot everywhere.

Not peeked out at a lamppost to see the conditions yet but will brave it after a peek at the model thread. Yes i have strong Gin on hand just in case it get nasty! lol!

Never mind having to hand, I'd have a few before :drinks:

Few bare patches starting to appear but in the main a good 3" at least, and very compacted. Takes my 14 stone frame without leaving a foot mark :drinks:

14st?? That must be the weight of the average Scotsman, I'm thin in comparison to you, 13st 13lbs at the last weigh-in.....

Posted

Never mind having to hand, I'd have a few before :drinks:

:drinks: ROFL

aww Catch.. :oops:

OK going for the wine, then the MO thread, charts are dodgy on NW so quickest way to get the "drift" (pun intended) is to go in.. back in a bit

Posted

That's me scuppered then... 11 years and counting.

9 for me and counting. Must admit as a Saffer wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

14st?? That must be the weight of the average Scotsman, I'm thin in comparison to you, 13st 13lbs at the last weigh-in.....

That 1lb really makes a difference. :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

forget the extra pound and enjoy a G & T !! well thats what i say now, enjoying the G & T!

Braved the model thread and that was frankly long enough! still a bit of a mess over there, still a lot to be resolved before the models sort it methinks!

Away to watch Hustle that i've taped.

Will check in tomorrow and see how things look then and hope you all have some nice snow cover.

Posted

Still snowing lightly here and we have managed a dusting/covering :drinks: Radar doesn't look to healthly but we will still probably manage a bit more.

Still snowing lightly here and we have managed a dusting/covering :drinks: Radar doesn't look to healthly but we will still probably manage a bit more.

Send it north please Ross :drinks:

Any flakes much appreciated :oops: