Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

, I have to do the same thing I did when this sorry mess started - watch all the exciting stuff stall to the west of me again. .

You think you have problems, It has stalled about 3/4 miles west of me! :pardon:

Thats only 5 minute walk, go and see if its worth us waiting up for.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

coldfingers....just popped me head outside here in Brighton and I could swear the wind has suddenly dropped off...has it by you?

Posted

How's the campaign going?

Slow going, I've been throwing bottles into the Channel with little messages in like 'get lost hot air' and we 'we hate you GW faker' but I just don't think there getting through to the right places. Might switch campaigns to hating NNE snizzle fairies.

Posted

I thought gardens are meant to be dark? Definitely a breeze out there, but can't see how fast the winds blowing.

Mine is exceptionally dark at the moment, the bulb in the outside light exploded because I have been doing too much snow watching lately :pardon:

Posted

Slow going, I've been throwing bottles into the Channel with little messages in like 'get lost hot air' and we 'we hate you GW faker' but I just don't think there getting through to the right places. Might switch campaigns to hating NNE snizzle fairies.

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

Posted

coldfingers....just popped me head outside here in Brighton and I could swear the wind has suddenly dropped off...has it by you?

I agree just been out in my garden and yes the wind has def dropped here .drinks.gif

Posted

Guys guys! We need to recognise what we are seeing here. Aside from the will it snow, head banging, teeth gnashing.....we are seeing a full blown weather front, from a proper Atlantic Low Pressure....

.....stopped almost dead in it's tracks by the cold pool over the UK.

It's rare, and it's exciting!

Forget the snow, this is truly unusual weather!

Steve M

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Come back to Newbury, snowing well here for last 1/2 hour on top of the 100mm already settled.

STORMBOY

Posted

ame='coldfingers' date='12 January 2010 - 22:10 ' timestamp='1263334257' post='1742471']

Thats only 5 minute walk, go and see if its worth us waiting up for.

snigger! I am a 60 year old wrinklie. It takes me 5 mins to walk to the bottom of the garden, (Hyperbole) :rolleyes:

And no car and pavements still like an ice rink. Nah, a warm room with my laptop next to the radiator for me. And that baked spud is smelling good and it still isn't moving an inch. The weather band that is not the spud. Temp has dropped by 0.1C though. :)

Posted

Come back to Newbury, snowing well here for last 1/2 hour on top of the 100mm already settled.

STORMBOY

oh flipping eck just my luck AGAIN...sorry guys in the south east this is all my fault..wherever I go the snow dont go...

save me a bit Storm boy...back at the weekend..air_kiss.gif

Posted

No it is still as strong but has shifted slightly east, now ESE Still F6 though

Look at this radar and zoom in if necesary, you can see why I am so frustrated! So near and yet so far!

http://www.meteox.co...oom&x=213&y=243

Edited by coldfingers

Posted

Lol Gotta Laugh at the GFS

Should have stuck with my 1st thoughts that the GFS Would climb onboard the ECMWF Winter Express, and so it is looking like a Re-Load for Middle to end of Next week around the 20-25th with a Possible Easterly and Strengthening Block, GFS Ensembles support the ECMWF With this as well :shok:

It's gonna be a long old winter :D

Paul S

Posted

No it is still as strong but has shifted slightly east, now ESE Still F6 though

stiill faitly quiet here...right heres the plan.,..gonna wait til the 1030 radar or when your spud is done, and see what is happen in bogna and then after that I must call it a night....ohh hang on wind up again ....

.....another half a mile...coldfingers...anything? anything at all?

Edited by Polar Bear

Posted

Lol Gotta Laugh at the GFS

Should have stuck with my 1st thoughts that the GFS Would climb onboard the ECMWF Winter Express, and so it is looking like a Re-Load for Middle to end of Next week around the 20-25th with a Possible Easterly and Strengthening Block, GFS Ensembles support the ECMWF With this as well :shok:

It's gonna be a long old winter :D

Paul S

1065MB! That's got to be the largest high pressure I've seen over Scandinavia.

Posted

stiill faitly quiet here...right heres the plan.,..gonna wait til the 1030 radar or when your spud is done, and see what is happen in bogna and then after that I must call it a night....ohh hang on wind up again ....

Oh Polar Bear. I wish it was better news! It finally reached me and most def not worth waiting for. There is more precipitation from my eyes now than from the sky!! Extremely light RAIN.:shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Is the wind up rofl.gif prior to the spud or after the spud. Should have beans with that.

Is it or is it not a good winter this one and still only 12th January, I ain't forget this one in a mcflurry.

Right, weather report. AT 0.1c keeps falling, DP -0.8c better still for snow, Barometer steady at 999.2mb so the snow will still be here on Saturday for the Polar one methinks.

STORMBOY

1065MB! That's got to be the largest high pressure I've seen over Scandinavia.

I gotta go look at this. OMG!

STORMBOY

Posted

so quiet in here, but to be honest this past week we've had a few of these 'maybe' snow events. lol!

I think this one will probably come off, the best ones are the ones that nobody thinks will happen.

Posted

Oh Polar Bear. I wish it was better news! It finally reached me and most def not worth waiting for. There is more precipitation from my eyes now than from the sky!! Extremely light RAIN.cray.gif

oh dear ...you poor thing..hang on in there girl ...you never never know. If you start you will make me go...cray.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

Is the wind up rofl.gif prior to the spud or after the spud. Should have beans with that.

Is it or is it not a good winter this one and still only 12th January, I ain't forget this one in a mcflurry.

Right, weather report. AT 0.1c keeps falling, DP -0.8c better still for snow, Barometer steady at 999.2mb so the snow will still be here on Saturday for the Polar one methinks.

Yes, its been amazing so far and we arn't even half way through, could get 10 times worse yet :lol:

Posted

STORMBOY

Wonder ful Storm Boy..what would I do without you....Wind , spuds, beans ..you saucy thing

I gotta go look at this. OMG!

STORMBOY

me too me too....ooh flaming galiahs you are right!

Posted

oh dear ...you poor thing..hang on in there girl ...you never never know. If you start you will make me go...cray.gif

Heavy drizzle now. Still if it melts all the ice of the path at least we may stand a chance of getting some mail delivered!! Anyone else not had letters for a week?

Posted

Heavy drizzle now. Still if it melts all the ice of the path at least we may stand a chance of getting some mail delivered!! Anyone else not had letters for a week?

Heavy drizzle heh? that could be a good thing....hang on in hang on in...?

letters? not sure as havnet been home for over a week..I could have won the pools and everything...tut tut. I may call it a day and I wish you well CF for the white stuff. I bet brighton wont get a look in .....night all and have grreeeat fun watching..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

Turned quiet again.......everyone has given up and gone to sleep

hehehehe you watch the rest of us see a great event unravel :drinks:clap.gif

Probz wont happen though mellow.gif