Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold.. snow ..freezing fog..ice ..very hot

Heavy snow falling here at the moment!! (is the message I would like to be giving). Yahoo weather is giving bexley heavy snow. BBC weather is stating light snow all through the day tomorrow. Who to believe??

where about in bexley are you wits?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

Wow.........everyones looking on a bad side, theres no reason why we couldn't get a little more than just a dusting cc_confused.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

people actually use these weather reports?!

yep worryingly..although i keep preaching the netweather site is best and i have a few followers now..we will get there ...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Well a couple of cms would only be 1.5cm away from the "big one" a week ago so will do for me, not expecting a deluge, just enough for disruption with hilarious consequences - i.e about 0.5mm if London is anything to go by

Posted

Not sure whether I should be on South Central thread or this one so will post this on both.

This precipitation is moving in monthly instalments!!!:whistling:

It reached Selsey Bill about an hour ago but still hasn't reached here 6 miles east!

Edited by coldfingers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Not sure whether I should be on South Central thread or this one so will post this on both.

This precipitation is moving in monthly instalments!!!:unsure:

It reached Selsey Bill about an hour ago but still hasn't reached here 6 miles east!

hmmm :whistling: might get here in time for the rush hour then...........on friday........as rain <_<

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold.. snow ..freezing fog..ice ..very hot

Bexley Village.

know it well had many a fine bit of grub in the old mill and the greek taverna shame the mill and laidlaw will be flats

Posted

Not sure whether I should be on london and S/East thread or this one so will post this on both.

This precipitation is moving in monthly instalments!!!unsure.gif

yo cold fingers..howsit?

really selsy bill. ave they got snow or rain??...fliiping eck that may mean chi may have somthing maybe??

btw have you checked out chimet? air temps dropping but water temp rising and pressure dropping......

Edited by Polar Bear

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

I'm not expecting much from this, watching the Bristol City v Cardiff FA Cuop match at work and the snow has settled on the pitch, appears to have stopped snowing there now so looks like it's over in that neck of the woods.

Glad I got my snow fix in the Buckinghamshire Alps on Sunday, had to drive from London down the M40 to do it but worth it for the sledging nonetheless! biggrin.gif

Off to Chamonix next Wednesday so plenty more white stuff there!

Posted

yo cold fingers..howsit?

really selsy bill. ave they got snow or rain??...fliiping eck that may mean chi may have somthing maybe??

btw have you checked out chimet? air temps dropping but water temp rising and pressure dropping......

I suspect the air temp is dropping because they must be under that precipitation and with the wind gusting so high.

Still not dropping at all here and temp still 2.8C but I am less than half a mile from the seafront.

Sorry but I don't have a clue what it is coming down as in Selsey but would expect it to be rain. Chimet is I think around 4/5 miles west of Selsey.

Still nothing here, not even moisture on the wind. I suspect that Chichester is in the same boat as me, just on the very edge of the band.

Edited by coldfingers

Posted

v v light flakes hove now stopped, however much I stare at the light with my highly trained eye - nothing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Cold and Hot inc Stormy Weather

What are the chances of the southern flank of the weather front pepping up a bit in the english channel?

Posted

Another disapointing evening,never mind i always enjoy reading your posts guys,lets hope something amazing happens ha ha ,think it must be bed time,night guysdrinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

It hasnt even started snowing in our area yet and some of you are already calling it another disappointing evening. Places further west, that are milder, have been getting snow. If you were expecting a dumping out of this then you have been mislead or have not followed the models/forecasts properly. The most we were ever going to get was a few cm's, and if we do get that i'll be very happy. At the end of the day there has been at least some snow on the ground for a week now. How often can you say that in London of all places?

Edited by danm

Posted

Another disapointing evening,never mind i always enjoy reading your posts guys,lets hope something amazing happens ha ha ,think it must be bed time,night guysdrinks.gif

not all doom and gloom even if we dont get snow tonight some models are strongly beggining to hint at another siberian blast in around 10 days time which could bring plenty more potential.

Posted

I suspect the air temp is dropping because they must be under that precipitation and with the wind gusting so high.

Still not dropping at all here and temp still 2.8C but I am less than half a mile from the seafront.

Sorry but I don't have a clue what it is coming down as in Selsey but would expect it to be rain. Chimet is I think around 4/5 miles west of Selsey.

Still nothing here, not even moisture on the wind. I suspect that Chichester is in the same boat as me, just on the very edge of the band.

you are sooooo close to something though...

http://www.metoffice...ent/weathermap/

sorry just been able to read your posts properly..that is what you have been telling us all.... i best just keep schtum read and watch

Edited by Polar Bear

Posted

What are the chances of the southern flank of the weather front pepping up a bit in the english channel?

I hope it does:)

It does look like it is starting to pep up but im not 2 sure unknw.gif

Posted

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/pws/invent/weathermap/

The close up reveals I'm just inside the green bit for tomorrow :whistling: bedtime perhaps :(

Posted

http://www.metoffice...ent/weathermap/

this band has not moved in an hour, just sitting there just to our west, surprising that its 3c in bournmouth, its only 1c here and im right on the coast to,

Posted

It hasnt even started snowing in our area yet and some of you are already calling it another disappointing evening. Places further west, that are milder, have been getting snow. If you were expecting a dumping out of this then you have been mislead or have not followed the models/forecasts properly. The most we were ever going to get was a few cm's, and if we do get that i'll be very happy. At the end of the day there has been at least some snow on the ground for a week now. How often can you say that in London of all places?

I did call it another disappointing evening but i am only going on what people are saying,and i live right on the coast well about 2 miles in,and am now thinking that we wont see the snow tonight and it will prob fall as rain,oh well still lots more to look forward too i hope in the following weeks or so drinks.gif

Posted

It does seem to look better over bournemouth now it has built up there quite well over the last few mins :whistling:

Posted

What a fantastic month its been. Time to give this brilliant site back to the seasoned pros now while I take a few days off.

See you next week folks (hopefully)