Posted

weakening significantly

Not going to give much down here in the south east at all

time for bed :lazy:

Edited by steveinsussex

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Is London expecting snow tonight?

I don't see us in the warning area at the met site.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

Hopefully we get at least 5cm from this:) Had real light snow on n off throughout today but not enough 2 lay

Temp is 0.2 here.

still got 20cm of snow laying over the fields, slightly less nearer town pardon.gif

Posted

Please continue Here Please!

Paul S

Well we made it to part 54. What hope of reaching 60?

Still nothing here but looking at the radar it should be. Would the really strong winds, Force 6 gusting Force 7, have any effect on turning rain to snow?

As I am sure otherwise 2.8C is too high for snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather

Just watched 'Ice road truckers' on C5 which kind of puts our scrabbling round for 3-5cm into context!!!

Posted

So thats that then for us in the southeast? what a shame was hoping for a fresh snow fall,obviously not nowwallbash.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold.. snow ..freezing fog..ice ..very hot

very light snow here temp 0.6

Posted

Incredible how much it has weakened over the last few hours :o . Going by the Meto radar at 4pm there were Reds/Whites/Pinks in the band which indicates super heavy precip, but now on the 830pm radar its mainly blue with a few green bits. Can't see this being anything special at all to be honest!

Temp is 1.2 & DP is -1 so thats all good but will the band have the legs to make it? I think not! Mind you we did have 2hs of light snowfall in Braintree this morning and i was'nt expecting that so who knows :whistling: !

Matt. :good:

Posted

Just watched 'Ice road truckers' on C5 which kind of puts our scrabbling round for 3-5cm into context!!!

Yeah watched that myself - I want to drive across the North Sea (or at least the channel :whistling: )!

Posted

Can't see this being anything special at all to be honest!

It never was meant to be anything special. As I said a couple of days ago with pressure so high ahead of the front and the fact it's the tail end of the main weather system the energy will be lost fairly quickly.

A cm or two if your lucky.

Posted

Gives you a Good Indication of just how Strong the Block is. The Scnadi High is not going to give up without a Fight, but Mr Atlantic has a few more Low Pressures ganging up out in the Middle of the Ocean to try again later this week.

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

It never was meant to be anything special. As I said a couple of days ago with pressure so high ahead of the front and the fact it's the tail end of the main weather system the energy will be lost fairly quickly.

A cm or two if your lucky.

cray.gif nooo ...think we are all getting a bit disheartened.... bbc news stll thinks some set for the southeast...guess i may do as others have done and quit checking and go to bed.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold.. snow ..freezing fog..ice ..very hot

no point asking sir murr what its going to be like in our neck of the woods according to everyone on here tonight alan

Posted

Yeah watched that myself - I want to drive across the North Sea (or at least the channel :D )!

Just don't try what these idiots did! :p

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20100112/tuk-pair-escape-after-ice-canal-plunge-6323e80.html

Posted

Guys, just checked out the SW England thread. There is already much gnashing of teeth and slashing of wrists, and they are supposedly in the thick of it at the moment!

Let's all keep our expectations in check and then there won't be the need to overuse the wallbash.gif emoticon?

Besides, even a couple of cms here in London on areas with lying snow will be enough to cause another Armageddon tomorrow morning!

Steve M

Posted

cray.gif nooo ...think we are all getting a bit disheartened.... bbc news stll thinks some set for the southeast...guess i may do as others have done and quit checking and go to bed.....

Forget the BBC. It's all here in the front of our eyes. This is the last this cold spell has to give us before it gradually turns less cold...

...before next week gives us an easterly shot :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow, snow......... Snow

Heavy snow falling here at the moment!! (is the message I would like to be giving). Yahoo weather is giving bexley heavy snow. BBC weather is stating light snow all through the day tomorrow. Who to believe??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Look guys, we were never going to get more than a few cm's out of this. It was always going to weaken rapidly as it heads east. I'll be happy if we get 2-3cm's. A couple of days ago this system wasnt even forecast to push much further than the W Midlands. At least we're getting something.

Posted

As others have said, its decaying rapidly. Not even worth a curtain twitch to be honest. May have a slight dusting from it, but it will melt by mid morn. Time to accept defeat, have a few days off model and lampost watch and come back refreshed ready for the reload.

Posted

While we aren't going to get a dumping, we could still get a few pulses of moderate stuff for a while. Occluded fronts tend can be good at this before completely dying out.

Posted

Heavy snow falling here at the moment!! (is the message I would like to be giving). Yahoo weather is giving bexley heavy snow. BBC weather is stating light snow all through the day tomorrow. Who to believe??

people actually use these weather reports?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

As others have said, its decaying rapidly. Not even worth a curtain twitch to be honest. May have a slight dusting from it, but it will melt by mid morn. Time to accept defeat, have a few days off model and lampost watch and come back refreshed ready for the reload.

think you are right there..doesnt help though that i have bbc24 on and they are live on m4 corridor in wales and in dartmoor and motorists are stuck... i cant keep help thinking and wishing....this way this way

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Look guys, we were never going to get more than a few cm's out of this. It was always going to weaken rapidly as it heads east. I'll be happy if we get 2-3cm's. A couple of days ago this system wasnt even forecast to push much further than the W Midlands. At least we're getting something.

I would be happy with 2cm!!!! Had eff all here considering, so I am hoping that at least some of the ppn gets here, without a warm sector appearing out of nowhere.