IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

No snow for somerset then.

where r u, its been snowing here since 5 oclock

fromeydrinks.gif

Posted

Only 2 bloody hours to wait then! I jest, hope its with you soon....

lol thats about right at walking pace..lol

Martin thats great..your tmep avatat

Edited by dogs32

Posted

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/weather/ianfergusson/

Ian's latest blog update from 20 mins ago, with an excellent graphic of latest radar in our area (radar graphic is about 45 mins old) Shows well the heavier pulse that's entered the BTL area.

Posted

....and it's still chucking it down. And up. And across.

Having a really good topping up onto last Tuesday's snow! I wonder if it will snow next Tuesday night as well.....that would be three in a row!

Do we know any more about whether or not there was a streamer forming in the channel?

Doggy......have you got any snow yet? It was looking good for you on the last few BBCN24 forecasts, especially overnight and into the morning. :mellow:

Posted

where r u, its been snowing here since 5 oclock

fromeydrinks.gif

If you have NW radar there's a hole over most of Somerset! Except further in our direction!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Latest radar has the snow knocking on the front door - time to keep an eye on that lampost :mellow:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Had a real heavy hour of snow just gone with fresh total up to around 3/4cm although it seems to be moving heavy pulse east now. unknw.gif

temperature has not fallen much since dark it is still sat on 0.1c

Posted

....and it's still chucking it down. And up. And across.

Having a really good topping up onto last Tuesday's snow! I wonder if it will snow next Tuesday night as well.....that would be three in a row!

Do we know any more about whether or not there was a streamer forming in the channel?

Doggy......have you got any snow yet? It was looking good for you on the last few BBCN24 forecasts, especially overnight and into the morning. :mellow:

granules here...nothing special yet

...yes I know might see a nice dump..lol

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/weather/ianfergusson/

Ian's latest blog update from 20 mins ago, with an excellent graphic of latest radar in our area (radar graphic is about 45 mins old) Shows well the heavier pulse that's entered the BTL area.

someone should ask on his blog why he doesnt post on netweather anymore!

Posted

Moderate snowfall now. As you say, it is settling on the grass, roads and pavements. How beautiful is that? :mellow:

keep us southerners posted rolleyes.gif only Gravel Hill and merley between us (2 miles) sleet now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Pretty useless snow/sleet here at the moment - seems to be landing very wet everywhere and not doing anything for what's already here from last week. Temp is 0.3C but the ground is so wet nothing is sticking. We really need some heavy pulses now!

Posted

someone should ask on his blog why he doesnt post on netweather anymore!

His blog updates are good enough though - plenty of good stuff on there. I suppose we should just get into the discipline of looking at the blog regularly. It's free info from Ian. The guy's a busy man at the mo, so any source of info from him is pretty good in my humble opinion.

Still moderate snow here - pretty wet stuff though, so wouldn't envisage many probs, unless on higher ground where it will probably be of the drier content.

Posted

Here in Winterbourne, Bristol it's still snowing heavily and even the main road now starting to get covered now there are fewer cars about. Getting a great covering on top of the snow we still had left over from last week. Doesn't look like the wind is having much affect here though. Could be my position in the valley by the river though.

How about you Kumquat?

Posted

From forecast though it seems to intensify in the night, while looking at the radar does not look like that... What do you think guys? I am talking for Bristol area...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Winter. Dry cool Summers

About 1cm now in Wimborne, East Dorset. Surely you must be getting some in Bournemouth??

Nope! Just rain. It did try bless (in a very condescending way).

Posted

very disappointing down here in Bridgwater - it seems everythings gone around us!

sleet and very wet - all the snow from last week melting quite quickly now

Posted

come on!!!

lol...

definitely walking pace

Can't see that image Dogs. Reckon someone important on NW is blocking it, as you paid for the radar and we didn't!biggrin.gif

Posted

Strange that there is a hole in ppn over south west somerset/taunton area. I thought south west somerset and exmoor was going to get most but intense ppn seems to be sitting further east into wiltshire? dry.gif

As I said before; I ordered rain. Someone up there loves me. Now I just need someone to come and cook for me! :rolleyes:

In all seriousness though, I am not so sure of our escape anymore looking at the radar images.

His blog updates are good enough though - plenty of good stuff on there. I suppose we should just get into the discipline of looking at the blog regularly. It's free info from Ian. The guy's a busy man at the mo, so any source of info from him is pretty good in my humble opinion.

I suppose you are right!

Wet light snow coming down.