Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & Ea Cold Spell Discussion Part 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

This event will be very marginal across East Anglia and the south-east due to slightly warmer air around these parts, presumably because of the import from the relatively warm North Sea. It will be less marginal further west.

As a result I suggest sleet/snow likely for all, but accumulations only for some.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

lol, walking dogs by ponds and lakes terrifies me now! I was out for a walk round a local lake on Sunday night and it was frozen solid, so my friend decided to see how frzoen by putting a foot on it (whilst holding on) and the fliippin dog (not a terribly small dog) just walked onto the lake!!!

Also, later on we saw a cat or fox running around on the lake (right in the midle) trying to catch a duck for dinner!

It is currently 2.4c here and my weather station tells me it is raining, although it isn't!

That weather system coming in from the SW is blooming huge, I wonder if it will be snow or rain for us, could the continued cloud cover cause temps to stay above 2c and bring us rain, it just seems like the conditions have left us now?

Quite agree with a larger body of water than my pond (5 x 10 meters…) even if the worst happens remember dogs have a layer of waterproof fur next to the skin and can cope with far colder temperatures than we can — so don't go in after it, encourage it to come back to the bank. If it doesn't call for help.

Posted

This event will be very marginal across East Anglia and the south-east due to slightly warmer air around these parts, presumably because of the import from the relatively warm North Sea. It will be less marginal further west.

As a result I suggest sleet/snow likely for all, but accumulations only for some.

I think this is one of those very rare events where us in East Hertfordshire might benefit more than those further East i.e. in Norfolk/Suffolk.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

To me the North Sea doesn't really come into this. The air above us is coming from a cold continent so i don't think it will be a problem starting off as snow anyway. the question is how far east will the front progress? That's what could eventually turn it to rain, but I'm hoping that it decides East herts is as far east as it is able to come :whistling:

Posted

I predict Norfolk will be safe this time :) And hopefully the SE as well, as i have to work down there this Thurs and Fri and getting fed up having to walk away from work because its too cold for me to carry out.

Posted

To me the North Sea doesn't really come into this. The air above us is coming from a cold continent so i don't think it will be a problem starting off as snow anyway. the question is how far east will the front progress? That's what could eventually turn it to rain, but I'm hoping that it decides East herts is as far east as it is able to come :)

Agreed. Marginal for those even further east, but temps, dew points looking pretty good for here and westwards.

The PPN on southern extent is pretty decent intensity and already tilted closer to the coast, it already seems to be in a position progged for around 21:00z over France.

What the models suggest is after 21:00z it loses it's intensity, so later this evening will be a good checkpoint to determining what will happen tomorrow morning.

Posted

Quite agree with a larger body of water than my pond (5 x 10 meters…) even if the worst happens remember dogs have a layer of waterproof fur next to the skin and can cope with far colder temperatures than we can — so don't go in after it, encourage it to come back to the bank. If it doesn't call for help.

Lol, yep, there would be no way on earth that I would go in after it, it's not my dog! Just kidding, the lake is quite shallow anyway so I think he would have been OK!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SnOw and SuMmEr!!! :D

well looks like everything will return to normal....well for the time being at leastrolleyes.gif , but has def been a better winter than most!!!

so far!!!!

Edited by angel23

Posted

Not sure if there will be anything left by the time it reaches here (if it does at all)

Very strange watching the front come from the west,got used to looking to the east and then seeing it all dissipate before it gets to me

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Not sure if there will be anything left by the time it reaches here (if it does at all)

Very strange watching the front come from the west,got used to looking to the east and then seeing it all dissipate before it gets to me

let's hope the longer travel over water keeps the eastern tip of it going long enough to get to us

Posted

There are a few flakes coming down here but it's so light that if you weren't looking for it you wouldn't notice. Temp is 0.2c after a max today of 1.7c

Posted

There are a few flakes coming down here but it's so light that if you weren't looking for it you wouldn't notice. Temp is 0.2c after a max today of 1.7c

Oooh! It is a start though! I will go and have a look at our nearest lampost

Posted

Just went outside, all the slush has basically turned to ice, so if any snow comes down it should settle fairly rapid. If it heads our way, that is.

Posted

Just went outside, all the slush has basically turned to ice, so if any snow comes down it should settle fairly rapid. If it heads our way, that is.

Latest BBC forecast based on the NAE looks pretty decent actually. NMM is still crap for here though so I'm cautious.

Might get an inch or so if we're lucky. :crazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I know people are saying this marginality has nothing to do with the North Sea, but if that's the case, I have no idea what else it could be. It looks unlikely that the front turning back to rain on its western flank will be an issue- if anything it's the eastern flank that looks the more marginal!

Posted

Latest BBC forecast based on the NAE looks pretty decent actually. NMM is still crap for here though so I'm cautious.

Might get an inch or so if we're lucky. :)

Yeah if we're lucky! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Evening all, Well tonights the last chance i guess for a little while.cc_confused.gif

winds picking up here quite breezy.

Posted

Very light snow here here nr Luton Airport. I have a gut feeling we are going to get more than we bargined for tonight/tom morn. Could be an interesting slide up the A6 to Bedford for work at 7 tomorrow!!

Not sure if I have had enough now or want more!!

:(

Posted

Very light snow here here nr Luton Airport. I have a gut feeling we are going to get more than we bargined for tonight/tom morn. Could be an interesting slide up the A6 to Bedford for work at 7 tomorrow!!

cc_confused.gif

Must admit still got fair bit from last fall. Just hoping for the ones that really want get...BIG HOPE THOUGH. see what happens.unsure.gif

Posted

:shok:

Already? Wow. Radar says it is about to hit Swindon haha!

Posted

Fingers crossed for everyone..... got a feeling it will break up as it gets to Peterborough hehehhe xx

Fingers crossed for everyone..... got a feeling it will break up as it gets to Peterborough hehehhe xx

Posted

http://lutonlive.com/

deff showing in luton just checked the cam

Posted

:drunk:

I have very light snow here to

Posted

Getting really windy now, very light snow.