Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & Se Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Hello to all the newcomers. It's good to see you all. Next snow event you can be here from the start!

Thanks! When the next snowy spell is forecast I will have to make sure I have the housework, washing, ironing etc up straight as it all falls by the wayside and Netweather takes over!!rolleyes.gif

Posted

Hello to all the newcomers. It's good to see you all. Next snow event you can be here from the start!

Hopefully see you very soon then!! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow, snow......... Snow

According to my iPhone weather forecast I am experiencing heavy snow. According to the view from my window I am experiencing nothing. This scares me............ But equally intrigues me.

Posted
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand

Maybe not

Snowing here (light) but just feels mild (maybe 0c ?)

Good snow cover but think , things on the change

:) I love how this cold spell has left us thinking 0c is mild!

U THINK THAT IN MY TOWN IN CERNUSCO S N ITALY HASNT SNOWING SINCE 2-3 WEEKS LAST TIME WAS IN THE LAST DECADE OF DECEMBER

I'm confused am in SE England or SE Italy? :o

:) :) Maybe thinks the SE is most relevant as its closest to him??

Moderate snow continuing, nice size flakes too, hopefully will start to lay a little better as dewpoint decreases.

According to my iPhone weather forecast I am experiencing heavy snow. According to the view from my window I am experiencing nothing. This scares me............ But equally intrigues me.

The question is, who should you put your faith in? Your Window, or your iPhone? Personally I'd go with what the iPhone's saying and come to the conclusion that it is indeed snowing... :lol:

Posted

Talking of iPhones, have you seen the iPhone radar app? There is a free version or a pro for £2.99 a year (link)

Nothing to do with me but have used it and it's not bad, 5 min/1km resolution and all that.

Posted

Guys i am confused which trust me dont take a lot,the weather for brighton on here Netweather says snow tonight ,tomorrow and tomorrow night? but i am looking out the window and nothing is happening,please help i am at the brink of having a very large drink,girl_devil.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

CURRENT CONDITIONS IN ITALY CERNUSCO SN 4 DEGREES ABOVE ZERO,,,,,CLEAR SKY AT 19:06 HUMIDITY 79% WIND 0 KM/H

I think there may be a section for people from other countrys?

This section is for people from S.E England.

Thank you please.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow, snow......... Snow

Talking of iPhones, have you seen the iPhone radar app? There is a free version or a pro for £2.99 a year (link)

Nothing to do with me but have used it and it's not bad, 5 min/1km resolution and all that.

Cheers for that Ocean. Will look into that.

Posted

Unfortunately for my part of London I suspect the colder spell is over for now. Not exactly

freezing now and where as hands were cold within minutes of being out, now it seems

damp and just cooler than normal...All snow has gone and temps are wrong side of 0

Been a brilliant spell for me here as constant snow showers lying snow and cold temps meant we

had a Winter wonderland for a while.

Now on way out but great whilst it lasted...Back to Model watching Im afraid :unknw:

w

PS - Is Croydon still getting heavy snow :)

Edited by ChartViewer

Posted

itv weather just said its snowing all day tommorow :unknw: could some one please go slap them

Don't listen to weather forcast :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and lazy hot sunny days.

Guys i am confused which trust me dont take a lot,the weather for brighton on here Netweather says snow tonight ,tomorrow and tomorrow night? but i am looking out the window and nothing is happening,please help i am at the brink of having a very large drink,girl_devil.gif

I would go for the large drink, i think that the snow has moved off from us for a while just savour what we have had with a glass of red and dream about what might be around the corner. :unknw:

Posted

I don't think it's completely over, been snowing on and off here for a few hours and the cars are covered again (if only slightly)

Still another 12 hours of possible snow showers for the SE

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

I have just got back from an afternnoon sleging in Oxted where you wouldn't believe there was any kind of thaw going on. It snowed constantly, sometimes very heavily and I have the bruises to show what a fab afternoon it was. The drive back through Farleigh at around 5pm was great, snow covering the roads again and it wasn't until we drove back into Croydon that I could see the effects of the afternoons thaw. Very happy, at least I made the most of it out there rather than being sad looking out of the window here all day.

So when is the next lot due?

Posted

I don't know what the weather is doing outside because I've turned the halogen outside light on/off so much in the past few days the bulb has exploded :D . All I can hear is drip drip drip so I think a mega thaw is happening.

Posted

I don't think it's completely over, been snowing on and off here for a few hours and the cars are covered again (if only slightly)

Still another 12 hours of possible snow showers for the SE

Yes for SE maybe but for LONDON that aint going to happen.....We have temps of 2 dewpoints +1

etc..........London will NOT see lying snow unfortuntely if we keep these temps tonight

and into the week.

Posted

I don't know what the weather is doing outside because I've turned the halogen outside light on/off so much in the past few days the bulb has exploded :D . All I can hear is drip drip drip so I think a mega thaw is happening.

lol i know the feeling, the patio flood light has really gone through it :D !

Coldest its been all day now at 0.9c but we currently have RAIN with the odd flake! Earlier on it was 1.7c and the DP was 0c which it still is and it was all snow, and quite heavy.........Just can't understand it at all!

Matt. :D

Posted

Just got back from a holiday in the States and it's really bizarre to see that Haywards Heath has as much snow as the bit of Vermont that I was staying in! A good 7 inches here, it's starting to thaw but we've had snow on and off all day, moderately heavy at times. Quite nice to come back to!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Temps 0.3c Dewpoints -1c still good for snow :whistling:

Posted

Thanks Tomo,i am going for that Drink as am fed up and disapointed but hey am very grateful for what snow we have had and had lots of fun with the kids in it,hopefuly see you all soon and no doubt we will all be fretting about how much we might or might not get as the case may be,see you guys and thanks for the good discussions and all your patience with me as you are probably all aware by now i have no clue what i am talking about half the time,but i love the weather and reading you guys posts,night nightdrinks.gif