Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & Se Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Hi everyone, long-time lurker here! Thought it was about time I joined in, as I notice quite alot of you are in my area. Quite heavy drizzly-rain here now - Temp 0.8 DP 0.1

Posted

Not wanting to depress anyone, but have had snow pretty much all day, nothing really adding to totals as there has been a thaw as well, but its snowing pretty much constantly now. I am sharing this gut feeling that I may wake up and not be able to get to work in the morning. (Probably just wishful thinking though)

Posted

Well guys it seems quiet on here now ,maybe everyone has given up on any more snow coming our way tonight lazy.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

Nice fresh coverage here now. About 2cm. Temp 0.5c DP 0.4c. No thawing, ground freezing.

Posted

Not wanting to depress anyone, but have had snow pretty much all day, nothing really adding to totals as there has been a thaw as well, but its snowing pretty much constantly now. I am sharing this gut feeling that I may wake up and not be able to get to work in the morning. (Probably just wishful thinking though)

Well i was already depressed but you have just added to it lol,good luck and hopefully you will be snowed in by the morning drinks.gif

Posted

Hi there, another lurker....

A lot of thawing in Basildon today - slowly making the ground visable again but we have had some snow showers this afternoon.

To be honest we never really seemed to have a lot here over the last few days in comparison even to Chelmsford where I work but did have to take 6cm of snow off my car this morning (been there since last week) and that was after it had started to melt.

Posted

Nice fresh coverage here now. About 2cm. Temp 0.5c DP 0.4c. No thawing, ground freezing.

Lucky you send it this way please as we are thawing badly wallbash.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Please carry on here although I dont think we will make Part 60 ph34r.gifph34r.gif

Maybe not

Snowing here (light) but just feels mild (maybe 0c ?)

Good snow cover but think , things on the change

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow, snow......... Snow

Hi guys! So, what's new? I've been observing the forum from afar, so I thought it was time to register. I'm based in Bexley. Snow almost gone now. Light flurries about, amounting to zero. However, a new week is upon us with perhaps new weather????

Posted

Hi, I have been a lurker on Netweather for a couple of years so thought I may as well register!

I have been glued to this site for the last couple of weeks and have enjoyed reading the many posts, it's funny how the prospect of snow get us all so excited!!

A mixture of snow and drizzle for most of the day here in Medway not amounting to much though.

Posted

See the thread slows right down and all the lurkers (like myself) crawl out the woodwork - or the slush in light of this weekend.

Any more out there? rolleyes.gif

It's all melting here.

Posted

Hi, I have been a lurker on Netweather for a couple of years so thought I may as well register!

I have been glued to this site for the last couple of weeks and have enjoyed reading the many posts, it's funny how the prospect of snow get us all so excited!!

A mixture of snow and drizzle for most of the day here in Medway not amounting to much though.

I have been glued to!

not much happening here today, lots of sleet showers and 1 or 2 snowy ones. Everything thawing, kids came home from sledging soaked where they kept landing in the slush - nice, not :)

Posted

Welcomes to all the lurkers!

Well, I think, whatever weather you've had today, will persist overnight and all day tomorrow. Sorry, if you've had rain. Perhaps better prospects later in the week ...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Can anyone explain why the convection over the North Sea is weakening as it exits The Netherlands, it should be getting stronger surely?

These sort of snow showers from the North East Never seem to weaken when they are heading into the continent, they get hundreds of miles inland ALL the time. Why is this, any ideas?

Snowray

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Hello to all the newcomers. It's good to see you all. Next snow event you can be here from the start!

Posted

I have been glued to!

not much happening here today, lots of sleet showers and 1 or 2 snowy ones. Everything thawing, kids came home from sledging soaked where they kept landing in the slush - nice, not cold.gif

The slush part is horrible isn't it, my road is still all snow at the moment, not sure how long it will stay that way for!

Posted

snow shower here at the mo, its actually been snowing all day, all be it a few flakes here and there but it has pepped up a bit recently. Its not going to add much to the totals here but there is still plenty enough for snowboarding/skiing so im still happy.Is this region going to get anything later on in the week, BBC shows Grey sky every day for Guildford

Posted

Hi folks, was snowing lightly in Greenwich, but still a slow thaw going on, not much here now going back to green grass .... by morning probably be nothing left or if by chance a very long shower of snow may brighten my morning. Still anyway we'll have to await the next lot possibly end of Jan early Feb ....