Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

countryfile weather not too good for Stafford, tuesdays front just not moving to the east, just going to be a grey windy less cold week

yeah nick, ecm not too bad after all

Edited by mark forster 630

Posted

Thank god!....I absolutely detest the cold....snow makes a nice change once a year...bring on the scorching SW's, normality at last!

i know what u mean! i love extreme weather of any sort so its good to see loads of snow falling! the trouble is i hate the cold so i think i've had enough now! my fav extreme weather is storm force winds/hurricanes and thunder storms biggrin.gif

Posted

I declare this day a success in Halesowen, as the car that was clean of snow now has a fresh covering of 1 cm! (tbh, that was all I am expecting today, anything more now is a bonus.) :whistling:

Posted

Sorry about this AJ, but the cold is back laugh.gif

http://www.meteociel...M1-192.GIF?10-0

I don't think there is any sign that we will get to average, let alone above.

oh bugger! If that is just cold i dont want to know anymore!

If it means we may get another extreme snow event maybe i can handle it a bit longer! sorry i know this reply was for AJ but i thought i would put my two cents in lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Dont forget there is a chance of heavy perhaps very heavy snowfall on Tuesday night. How far East it gets and where it dies out reamins to be seen but its one to watch as things could get nasty before milder weather moves in.

Heavy snow here now. :whistling:

Wow very heavy snow now!

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl

Dan Corbett is suggesting significant snow for the west side of the mids tues night into wednesday on BBC/CF forecast......hummmmm...

we'll see closedeyes.gif

Posted

countryfile weather not too good for Stafford, tuesdays front just not moving to the east, just going to be a grey windy less cold week

yeah nick, ecm not too bad after all

indeed, look at that high going all the way back to the urals!

Posted

Dont forget there is a chance of heavy perhaps very heavy snowfall on Tuesday night. How far East it gets and where it dies out reamins to be seen but its one to watch as things could get nasty before milder weather moves in.

Heavy snow here now. smile.gif

Wow very heavy snow now!

Got to be sticking right??? Drifting???

Metoffice have given me the possibility of 2-15cm on both Tuesday and Wednesday

I'll have none thendrinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Sorry about this AJ, but the cold is back :cray:

http://www.meteociel...M1-192.GIF?10-0

I don't think there is any sign that we will get to average, let alone above.

i know what u mean! i love extreme weather of any sort so its good to see loads of snow falling! the trouble is i hate the cold so i think i've had enough now! my fav extreme weather is storm force winds/hurricanes and thunder storms biggrin.gif

oh bugger! If that is just cold i dont want to know anymore!

If it means we may get another extreme snow event maybe i can handle it a bit longer! sorry i know this reply was for AJ but i thought i would put my two cents in lol

hmm.....Damn that ECM!...lol

Dont get me wrong, I do like snow, but the sort I like, is a battleground 6 inches, one day of 'saucy sid - the snow man' and then a rapid thaw...(Tuesday/Wednesday has good potential for just this occurrence).This last week has been awful, an inch or two thats just sat there turning to ice in bitterly cold conditions....I want it to either snow heavily, or not bother trying to turn up, if ya know what I mean :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Got to be sticking right??? Drifting???

Metoffice have given me the possibility of 2-15cm on both Tuesday and Wednesday

I'll have none thendrinks.gif

The precip may only make it to Wales and the SW however the West Midlands could have some heavy snow too. Wait to see what the charts show tomorrow then we will have a better idea. :cray:

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Drizzle here, how long till that main blob hits me???

The precip may only make it to Wales and the SW however the West Midlands could have some heavy snow too. Wait to see what the charts show tomorrow then we will have a better idea. smile.gif

I'm near enough Wales. When they say Mids i'm too far West, when they say Wales, i'll probably be too far East

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Dont get me wrong, I do like snow, but the sort I like, is a battleground 6 inches, one day of 'saucy sid - the snow man' and then a rapid thaw...(Tuesday/Wednesday has good potential for just this occurrence).This last week has been awful, an inch or two thats just sat there turning to ice in bitterly cold conditions....I want it to either snow heavily, or not bother trying to turn up, if ya know what I mean :cray:

I do know what you mean. I wouldn't mind a high pressure dominated spell, where we get sunny days and frosty nights. But I am sorry about the following chart...

ECM1-216.GIF?10-0

Posted

Well the precip from Peterborough - Cambridge has just reached here, and I can confirm its just about as strong as an asthmatic ant with some heavy shopping! (to quote Blackadder)

Can't see the stuff coming out of Holland being any good, so best chance Tue night, followed by a rapid thaw and back to normal!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I do know what you mean. I wouldn't mind a high pressure dominated spell, where we get sunny days and frosty nights. But I am sorry about the following chart...

ECM1-216.GIF?10-0

Thats out in FI atm, and long may it stay there!..lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Well the precip from Peterborough - Cambridge has just reached here, and I can confirm its just about as strong as an asthmatic ant with some heavy shopping! (to quote Blackadder)

Can't see the stuff coming out of Holland being any good, so best chance Tue night, followed by a rapid thaw and back to normal!

That is a legendary quote! :cray:

Posted

Dont get me wrong, I do like snow, but the sort I like, is a battleground 6 inches, one day of 'saucy sid - the snow man' and then a rapid thaw...(Tuesday/Wednesday has good potential for just this occurrence).This last week has been awful, an inch or two thats just sat there turning to ice in bitterly cold conditions....I want it to either snow heavily, or not bother trying to turn up, if ya know what I mean smile.gif

Exactly what most want I think and most of our biggest snowfalls have came this way........10-20cms tuesday night fissling out as snow over our region wednesday morning. Even if daytime temps rise to 2-3c - that amount of snow will take some shifting. We have become complacent with ultra low temps recently 2-3c is still pretty cold as a day time max.

Posted

Some moderate snow here recently...sticking a little on some surfaces but struggling to on most.

Just walked up to the tesco express. Pavements are becoming quite lethal. Covered in slush and sheet ice.

Posted

Very light snow now here, but it may soon be time for 'business - take 2' in Halesowen and Stourbridge. The precip has taken a slight north west movement change recently.

post-10818-12631516710342_thumb.png