Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Pop over to our London & South East thread...Much more interesting....we have people commiting suicide

due to warmer sectors and thaws....You'll love it yahoo.gif

rofl.gif

Still snow here!

Posted

I think I need councilling,It's blatantly obvious the current weather conditions are far too complex for ANYONE to properly predict along with the charts etc so I should just give up for a while and forget this forum but I can't aghhhhhhhhhhhwallbash.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

Thaw not overly devastating today - melt from trees roofs etc, but I doubt much in the rural Stroud district. Fun ahead, poss some more tonight looking at radar. Probably light but temp is dropping (no evidence to support that, just a dog walk). Like the fact the Meto being blamed for the lack of snow and slightly higher temperatures today. I thought the especially chaotic nature of the cold weather was, but maybe there's a bloke at the Meto with various buttons to press which control the weather. lol.

Edited by SilverWolf

Posted

Well after all the hype and promise we in Poole have an impressive total of one inch of snow from this so called memorable winter. Everything to our west north and east as usual. I could add even south as the isle of wight and certainly the channel islands have fared better. Being a snow lover and being a realist after so many years of disappointment I feel its time to hang up my netweather boots and find something more constructive to do after so much radar watching and lack of sleep only to end in abject misery. So goodbye my friends im off down the pub to drown my sorrows.

Posted

still snowing here i would say its getting heavier but usually when i say that it stops

Think we might be in for a dumping tonight.Well maybe just to get what we shouldve got during sunday would be very much welcomed now after a day of sod all lol

Edited by yipikiaye

Posted

Well, not had anything here all day!!!

Spent an hour earlier clearing sheet ice off the road outside my house (and putting some grit/salt down!)... Cars were sliding everywhere!! :)

I can also confirm that the "Trowbridge Anti-Snow Force-field" is still fully operational tonight!... :)

Posted

latest radar .

Cheers. That raintoday radar must be cr#p. Just got out a nice hot bath, hence the delay in replying. No snow falling here.

Posted

Well, not had anything here all day!!!

Spent an hour earlier clearing sheet ice off the road outside my house (and putting some grit/salt down!)... Cars were sliding everywhere!! :)

I can also confirm that the "Trowbridge Anti-Snow Force-field" is still fully operational tonight!... :)

shakes head yeah and they ll be sliding about even more when this freezes again.God some people.This is the silliest thing u can do in this weather.I almost come off me bike before the weekend cause of people doing this

Edited by yipikiaye

Posted

Well after all the hype and promise we in Poole have an impressive total of one inch of snow from this so called memorable winter. Everything to our west north and east as usual. I could add even south as the isle of wight and certainly the channel islands have fared better. Being a snow lover and being a realist after so many years of disappointment I feel its time to hang up my netweather boots and find something more constructive to do after so much radar watching and lack of sleep only to end in abject misery. So goodbye my friends im off down the pub to drown my sorrows.

Completely agree, let's start a No snow Dorset support group!!!!!wacko.gif

Posted

Pop over to our London & South East thread...Much more interesting....we have people commiting suicide

due to warmer sectors and thaws....You'll love it :)

It seems that lots of us here in the SW have LOTS of snow left! Can we go over and tell them and see what their reaction is? :)

Edited by noggin

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Spotlight have now given a warning for heavy snow on tueday

Nice one! What time was that on?

Did they give a clue as to how much and timings?

Posted

It seems that lots of us here in the SW have LOTS of snow left! Can we go over and tell them and see what their reaction is? bomb.gif

I hope that's not SE bias...!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Dan Corbett had a heavy snow sign for CARDIFF..LOL

someone is going to be very happy

Bless Him

Posted

Dan Corbett had a heavy snow sign for CARDIFF..LOL

someone is going to be very happy

That'll be all of us!! Heavy clouds looming here, more on the way?

Posted

shakes head yeah and they ll be sliding about even more when this freezes again.God some people.This is the silliest thing u can do in this weather.I almost come off me bike before the weekend cause of people doing this

Only if they don't put proper road salt/grit down after clearing it...

True, it's usually much better just to leave it as it is (no-ones touched it since Tuesday and it's been ok-ish) but there comes a point when it has to be done.

It had to be done today... It's absolutely trecherous... Decided it was time to do it when a neighbour took about 5 attempts to get into her driveway eariler... Her car couldn't even get up over the drop-kerb (was just skidding and sliding all over the road).

Most of what I salted/gritted earlier has already gone and unless it gets down below -7 tonight, there's little chance of it re-freezing.

Edited by Schmac

Posted

Completely agree, let's start a No snow Dorset support group!!!!!wacko.gif

Im in! Maybe a bit of reverse psychology might work for us?

On the plus side we have less to lose when the great thaw sets in! :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

yes that was for TUESDAY...

current temp here 1.4 and falling.

odd flake in the wind

A nice large Pink blob to our north east on the Radar

Posted

looks like we are in for some shower's later if they dont fizzle out

Big blob just to the East of Cheltenham; should reach you, Dogs

Posted

As for what i see on the radar i think the bbc got some answering to do the big hype they hyped up for today and upto now nothing and the radar doesnt seem to be showing a great deal .