Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Just had a moderate burst here. All eyes on tuesday.

Country Tracks very interesting, showed heavy snow for much of Wales for Tuesday, perhaps more marginal for extreme coastal ahead. Generally staying cold or very cold after this but less in the way of frost due overnight due to increased cloud and wind.

Indeed embarrassing for the Met Office, their charts (NAE) never really suggested more than say 2-5cm generally, perhaps 10-15cm on hills.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

met office has officially cancelled the warning for the whole of wales for today

THE EARLY WARNING HAS BEEN CANCELLED. DISRUPTIVE SNOW ACCUMULATIONS ARE NOW LESS LIKELY.

woody

Great stuff! Just watch us kop it in the next few days now!

Posted

Country Tracks very interesting, showed heavy snow for much of Wales for Tuesday, perhaps more marginal for extreme coastal ahead. Generally staying cold or very cold after this but less in the way of frost due overnight due to increased cloud and wind.

Indeed embarrassing for the Met Office, their charts (NAE) never really suggested more than say 2-5cm generally, perhaps 10-15cm on hills.

The best way to look at it, is how quickly things can change.........who knows it may change again ??? Here's hopingwhistling.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

I wish I shared you optomism Tony. Milford is marginal at the best of times, but I really cannot see it having any real effect on us now.

woody

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

very light snow now, nothing to talk about really and thermo saing it 2.3C out. Snow is melting now so not good! Looks like i'll be in school all week then, good job I wasn't as hopful this time! Maybe feb will give us something good!!

Posted

Heavier burst here at Mumbles seafront, now sticking.

Nice to hear, i hope the meto are wrong now lol and we get a dumping.

very light snow now, nothing to talk about really and thermo saing it 2.3C out. Snow is melting now so not good! Looks like i'll be in school all week then, good job I wasn't as hopful this time! Maybe feb will give us something good!!

Snow isn't really melting here still 4 inches lol....not sure on college and school, see what happens tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Heavy snow here, sticking now, but it looks like it will be over soon!

Posted

Swansea have got that heavy snow, its light and sporadic here again after going moderate. Pretty pathetic affair really.

Posted

They've only cancelled today's fun and games not the rest of the weeks and we have had snow just not as much as they said we were gonna have that's all - that super computer at the hadley centre in Exeter that costs millions isn't quite working out eh! plus these scientific geezers on super salaries that input the data into these super computers ain't working out too good either mmmmmmmm! may be they should try some of the old ways of forecasting and not totally rely on the number crunching capabilities of this super computer!

Edited by andymusic

Posted

They've only cancelled today's fun and games not the rest of the weeks

im not convinced todays show is over

the sky looks full of it

Posted

Yep and here....too many people today have been pessimistic.

it's not about being pessimistic - I love the snow even though my car is currently half a mile away stuck in it - but the meto have downgraded slightly what is going to happen today - not what is going to happen all week - they've just realised that there isn't going to be as much to cause disruptive problems that they 1st thought - but there's always the surprises - and we have had snow just not a deluge

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Nice to hear, i hope the meto are wrong now lol and we get a dumping.

Snow isn't really melting here still 4 inches lol....not sure on college and school, see what happens tonight.

Im almost certain i will be in tomorrow, unless something good happens tonight! and prob tuesday aswell, will have to see whats gunna happen with this either rain/sleet or snow tuesday night! I don't think its going to be anything special here for the rest of this cold spell, i think we might have to wait till our next cold spell!!

Edited by Deepsnow

BBC Online says it's not over yet.

Tues & Wed Heavy Snow! :)

That is the potential main event, as rain from the SW, pushes in against the cold air over us.

If the snow today was heavier, it would be sticking readily today.

Posted

No sign of a thaw up here - and I swear the polar bears are moving in next door - and there was a sherpa and eskimo going by too

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Trying it's hardest to accumulate on surfaces with no snow and ice but isn't doing very well sad.gif

So why is the radar complete trash today? seems inaccurate

seems to be having trouble because the way the precip is light and the way the warm front is producing it - it's still snowing here now but there's no precip on the radar for us - it is very strange I suppose - just one of those things

Edited by andymusic