Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & Se Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Well we have made it to Part 50

Please try to play nicely with each other in the Upcoming Thread

Latest Guidence from ECMWF Is for the Heaviest Precip to skim across the NE & Onto N Ireland - Not much and Nuisence Totals further South

Paul S

Posted

Not sure if it is snowing here, but flakes coming down but not sure if it's just blowing off roofs etc!

Please Could I ask someone a Question about my weather station? It's a Watson 8681 wireless one I think lol....

Don't think it's positioned well for Wind, but atm it is showing North for Now and S to SW sometimes E for avarage over last 10 mins? Does this sound about right for my location in Burgess Hill?

Posted

Well we have made it to Part 50

Please try to play nicely with each other in the Upcoming Thread

Latest Guidence from ECMWF Is for the Heaviest Precip to skim across the NE & Onto N Ireland - Not much and Nuisence Totals further South

Paul S

Sounds like we should all pack up and go home Paul ? :cray:

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Not sure if it is snowing here, but flakes coming down but not sure if it's just blowing off roofs etc!

A car drove past your house , the wind picked up and blew the snow via your outside lamp giving the impression of snowing

Edited by neilsouth

Posted

i know it , i said this earlier today that tonights snowfall wasn't gonna happen!

Well, Rob Mcelwee going for it for SE overnight and throughout tomorrow with fine but continual and drifting snow and into monday for most at some time! lol! Might that mean North Kent will finally get something worthwhile? lol!

Posted

A car drove past your house , the wind picked up and blew the snow via your outside lamp giving the impression of snowing

Prob lol

Posted

all over then folks?:cray:

Pretty much all the models, even the UKMO is now saying the snow will be for the Midlands northwards with very little in the south. What a backtrack! Nevertheless, keep an eye on the radar.

Posted

Well, for me am not too fussed, did well on tuesday and got an unexpected 1-2 cm this evening from light snow and flurries

I sense there is a slightly negative slant from a few here, especially those who maybe just missed out on the whiteouts in parts of kent this evening though at the same time I wouldnt be expecting a huge dumping generally,plenty of time still for something more interesting for more people to appear in the North Sea so on either side of the debate, from Francis Wilson and the met Office and those who are maybe sulking a tad, we wont know for sure till tomorrow, no ones word is gospel here mind you

Its a nowcast scenario...looks quiet for the next couple of hours, after then, who knows...tbh I am not expecting a great deal but I didnt expect a cheeky little top up from about 4pm this evening when the forecast was isolated flurries whistling.gif

Posted

Wow, I go take a nap and I come back to all this horrific news :(

Not looking good at the moment :cray:

Posted

Well, Rob Mcelwee going for it for SE overnight and throughout tomorrow with fine but continual and drifting snow and into monday for most at some time! lol! Might that mean North Kent will finally get something worthwhile? lol!

Might that mean over here too. LOL chance....!

Posted

Not liking the temperatures across Essex...

Witham: 1.1 deg. C

Burnham: 0.8 deg. C

Southend 0.6 deg. C

Wickford: 0.7 deg. C

Thaw has arrived :cray:

Posted

Dunno where you are Snowfish but it's still snowing here in Rochester - very fine flakes still but plenty of them and still blowing horizontally in the wind. Probably had an inch or so fresh snow this evening (judging by me neighbours car - as he cleans his car the minute the snow stops)!

Posted

8 hours of intermittent snow today seems to have just about stopped here in Reigate. Today's falls have provided some icing on the metaphorical snow cake, and from a staggeringly literal IMBY point of view have covered up the puppy detritus IMBY that we have missed and may even now be lurking IMBY waiting to ooze out during the thaw (some time in April at present rates)

Still very windy though.

But enough about the dog.

On that bombshell...

AS

Posted

Southend 0.6 deg. C

Thaw has arrived :(

thaw thaw surely not :cc_confused::yahoo::yahoo:

Posted

Southend 0.6 deg. C

Thaw has arrived sad.gif

Indeed. Over here, Canterbury +1.2C, Manston +2.2C

Posted

temps here upto 0.4c, highest since the 5th.

Funny really, a "big-upped" long lasting snow fall predicted, and temps are rising, no one is really sure where the snow is going to come from. It all seems very odd.