Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Just saw this and thought I'd share it with you all....its just about 2 miles up the road from me, thought it was quite interestiing!

http://www.telegraph...ound-in-UK.html

And what do you reckon of us getting much snow tonight? I'm watching the radar and the window but nothing as of yet....currently -1.5 outside....bitterly wind!

tc

Carly x

They are fab! (sorry, I'm supposed to be in bed!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Just saw this and thought I'd share it with you all....its just about 2 miles up the road from me, thought it was quite interestiing!

http://www.telegraph...ound-in-UK.html

And what do you reckon of us getting much snow tonight? I'm watching the radar and the window but nothing as of yet....currently -1.5 outside....bitterly wind!

tc

Carly x

Microscopic flakes landing on the window here so I'm sure it will get to you soon! You always have much more up there! yahoo.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Light snow here in north Dorset.

Current temp -1.2c.

Glad to see you are still below freezing, here in the East our temps are rising I am already at 2.0c - areas further East are reporting a thaw, beware!!

Posted

Glad to see you are still below freezing, here in the East our temps are rising I am already at 2.0c - areas further East are reporting a thaw, beware!!

Oh thats not good, somrthing to keep an eye on I feel, didn't think things were going to be marginal though:cc_confused:

Posted

-2.5c here half hr ago it was -4.3 snowing a little

Seems to be light but steady

Edited by yipikiaye

Posted

Currently extremely light snow here. Can only see the odd tiny flake twinkle as it passes a lamp post atm. Had a 5 minute heavier flurry about an hour ago but just been like this since. Really have to concentrate to see anything!

Edit: literally a minute after I posted this, the snow got slightly heavier :) It's now just "light snow" instead of "extremely light" :)

Edited by slinky1989

Currently extremely light snow here. Can only see the odd tiny flake twinkle as it passes a lamp post atm. Had a 5 minute heavier flurry about an hour ago but just been like this since. Really have to concentrate to see anything!

Was just about to post a similar thing! Very light snow only just visible lamppost watching!

Edited by RAIN RAIN RAIN

Posted

Was just about to post a similar thing! Very light snow only just visible lamppost watching!

See post update :) Now classed as light snow as I can actually see it now!

Edited by slinky1989

Posted

off topic i have a laptop and my fan is a bit noisy does anyone else have the same.

processor probs just getting a bit hot so the fan's running faster, especially if one of the air vents is blocked by something (i.e. if it's on your lap and one of the vents is on the bottom?). Otherwise could be a whole load of other things :)

Posted

processor probs just getting a bit hot so the fan's running faster, especially if one of the air vents is blocked by something (i.e. if it's on your lap and one of the vents is on the bottom?). Otherwise could be a whole load of other things tongue.gif

its on my lap and yes on of the vents is by my knee is this a problem cause it works fine.

Posted

off topic i have a laptop and my fan is a bit noisy does anyone else have the same.

Mine gets louder the hotter it gets, it gets really hot because its always on my lap. Should probably put it on a table so the air can circulate better.

Posted

Shouldn't be a problem, it'll just be noisy until you give it some air tongue.gif

good :) anyway its always been noisy although recently the fan stopped working so it got v hot and shut down but then i thought i would get a vaccume cleaner and loads of dust came out then it worked fine again and is much faster than it was so surely its gunna be fine now even if its noisy andis better for cooling it down.

Edit Light snow becoming heavier but still light.

Posted

good :) anyway its always been noisy although recently the fan stopped working so it got v hot and shut down but then i thought i would get a vaccume cleaner and loads of dust came out then it worked fine again and is much faster than it was so surely its gunna be fine now even if its noisy andis better for cooling it down.

Edit Light snow becoming heavier but still light.

I used to be a junior technician in the tech guys section at the local pc world (I know, I know, boo - hiss) and we used to see this all the time. Whip the back off the laptop, quick blast with an air compressor and all is well again. You can get cans of compressed air for a couple of quid now, always good to keep one handy to get rid of dust.

Snow still just as it was before, light and nothing substantial.

Anyway, I'm fed up with watching almost nothing falling so I'm off to bed. Night all! :)

Edited by slinky1989

Posted

I used to be a junior technician in the tech guys section at the local pc world (I know, I know, boo - hiss) and we used to see this all the time. Whip the back off the laptop, quick blast with an air compressor and all is well again. You can get cans of compressed air for a couple of quid now, always good to keep one handy to get rid of dust.

Snow still just as it was before, light and nothing substantial.

Anyway, I'm fed up with watching almost nothing falling so I'm off to bed. Night all! smile.gif

Nice thanks so its safe to say my laptop will be ok.

Still snowing lightly with some bigger flakes now:)

Posted

raintoday.co.uk What do you chaps think of this? clap.gif

Good isn't it snowing here nicely and guess what kent got lighter snow than Central southern england now i think southern areas looks best for longest snow.