Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Hi to everyone! I'm new! Couldn't resist joining any longer. Been following posts since Tuesday. Could someone tell me how to post a message without replying to someone else???

add reply button down bottom of thread.

Posted

can also just use the "fast reply" box :drinks:

That's a much better idea!...

To be honest I've not noticed it before (never scrolled down that far!)... :wallbash:

Posted

That was a swift guided tour of the board, thanks for that y'awl! (she says, using the 'fast reply' box! :good:)

Posted

I think you are right, pretty and exciting it may be, but for self employed folks (like me, I'm a bl**dy gardener I'm not happy, in fact I'm quite sad!) its a nightmare, and the shops are looking like russian supermarkets after only four days!

im also self employed if i dont work i dont get paid.But despite the snow ice cold temps and a long walk through all of that on my mountain bike i still do what i have to do

oh and long may i continue to enjoy thias weather as i hate the summer with a passion

-4.5 here now very cold.Cloudy also but nothing falling yet

Edited by yipikiaye

Posted

Well, using that highly scientific method of "The lamp-post watch", I can confirm that there is now no snow falling in Trowbridge!...

Just have to wait and see what tomorrow brings... :good:

On that note, I'm off to bed... :good:

Night all...

Posted

I dont think any snow will thaw tomorrow id expect a cloudy day here with the odd flurry.

Thaw? Can#t see it thawing here for an absolute age!

Posted

Thaw? Can#t see it thawing here for an absolute age!

No thaw here either just hope tomorrow wont be less cold than other days which it could be due to cloud cover but still will feel freezing in the wind.

Posted

What have I missed? :D

No snow here but my goodness the pavements are thick ice, as I don't have ice skates in my handbag I decided to get a taxi home for the 10 minute walk from the pub. How lazy!

No snow here, just bitterly cold, a very cold wind and a lot of people falling over. I am pleased to say that I was not one of them...yet! :)

Posted

Well, using that highly scientific method of "The lamp-post watch", I can confirm that there is now no snow falling in Trowbridge!...

Just have to wait and see what tomorrow brings... :)

On that note, I'm off to bed... :D

Night all...

Night! Say a little prayer before you sleep, haha.. fingers crossed!

Posted

My little town has its very own sub climate and gets snow here when no-one else does, so I will keep you all updated! The path leading to my house is impacted snow to about three inches, how high would the temperatures have to rise to thaw that little lot??!!

Posted

Yes, the warm front is starting to cause some increased convection in the channel, light snow now flirting with the south coast already - slightly earlier than expected.

Of to bed in 5Mmins, so hoping for a suprise in the morning. Just a cm will be lovely, thats not to much to ask?

Posted

Just popped outside and the sky has gone alarmingly white, and dandruff is descending! Am off to bed with my remaining glass of Zinfandel to prepare for another agonising session of hurling myself down steep inclines on slidey objects with the kids!

Night all!

Posted

Raw cold out there and the wind picking up - ppn growing in the channel - all looking great!

Earthquake in Cali (mag 6.1)

Just started to snow smile.gif hardley anything but at least its snowing.

Any snow is good snow Coxy!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe t/ storms, rain, snow, wind!

Just saw this and thought I'd share it with you all....its just about 2 miles up the road from me, thought it was quite interestiing!

http://www.telegraph...ound-in-UK.html

And what do you reckon of us getting much snow tonight? I'm watching the radar and the window but nothing as of yet....currently -1.5 outside....bitterly wind!

tc

Carly x

Edited by Mumbles

Did someone call? :(

And for the person that said Irish... :( That's nearly as bad as Herefordshire. :rofl: Though we do have some Gwatkin (from Hereford) downstairs I'm itching to try!

Issued at: 1211 Sat 9 Jan

Ah to be sure, I love the Irish :(

Posted

Just saw this and thought I'd share it with you all....its just about 2 miles up the road from me, thought it was quite interestiing!

http://www.telegraph...ound-in-UK.html

And what do you reckon of us getting much snow tonight? I'm watching the radar and the window but nothing as of yet....currently -1.5 outside....bitterly wind!

tc

Carly x

LOL - I'm amazed at those reports of self -rolling snowballs. But also sceptical. clap.gif

The ppn seems to be generating in the channel and moving northwest - who knows what the morning will bring?

Earlier I was wondering where the ppn would come from - now I see things picking up.