Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & Ea Cold Spell Discussion Part 4

Posted

Looks like the heavier ppn is heading north!!

Was thinking exact same thing! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Hi

Whereabouts are you based?

Redbourn hertfordshire. in between st albans and luton.

Posted

Yes as Janet says looks good for the Midlands Northwards unless the North Easterly can undercut and shear it towards East Anglia, where is Dave tonight ??

Paul S

Posted

just looked at radar and honestly can't tell!!! i rely on others input to get an idea so your well ahead of me!!

i love the snow, but have to admit its costing me a fortune cant convince many peeps to have a driving lesson in the snow!!!!

melts!

Think driving lessons in the snow should be a part of learning to drive. I think that the reason for all the drama around snow is due to the fear of driving in it. I dont like driving in the snow myself much but while I was having driving lessons there was no snow to drive in. Thats my thoughts anyway others may not agree. We are going to get told off for going off topic soon but with not much going on it will turn into a ghost town unless the next lot of snow comes.

The ppn starting to cross the channel seems to heading further north than me and only little showers coming towards ea

Janet x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

Looks like the heavier ppn is heading north!!

That would fit with what I read on the SE thread which says that the heavier ppn is heading to the NE and the Midlands.

Not so sure myself; plenty of time for adjustments in its track and for separate developments over the North Sea.

Edited by Chalk Serpent

Posted

Yes as Janet says looks good for the Midlands Northwards unless the North Easterly can undercut and shear it towards East Anglia, where is Dave tonight ??

Paul S

Not a clue Paul, have not seen him all evening and I have been around since around 8

Maybe he is having a chilled out night and a few beers

Janet x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow - I'm an 80 year old kid at heart!

Here's my forecast:

1) no snow tonight for any of us.

2) BBC will carry on tomorrow as if nothing has happened - no backtrack/apology for getting it soooo wrong.

3) Mostly dry day tomorrow, a few rain showers.

4) Steady thaw.

5) North of England and Wales get bucketfuls.

BUT:- W.T.H.D.I.K?

Posted

Redbourn hertfordshire. in between st albans and luton.

Well, if the BBC forecasts are to be believed, you will get a decent amount of light snow tomorrow. However, the current word is that most of the snow may be heading further North.

Let's hope not!

Posted

haha pmsl at METO Invent rainfall radar, http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/pws/invent/weathermap/ looking at the jump from 11pm to Midnight is actually comical!! from dry barren land to complete saturation by their forecast!! If we get snow at midnight I will run naked through it and post pictures!

Posted

Here's my forecast:

2) BBC will carry on tomorrow as if nothing has happened - no backtrack/apology for getting it soooo wrong.

4) Steady thaw.

You could be right on all points but then again you may not be.

Not looking good right now but hopefully winds will change

Janet x

Posted

haha pmsl at METO Invent rainfall radar, http://www.metoffice...ent/weathermap/ looking at the jump from 11pm to Midnight is actually comical!! from dry barren land to complete saturation by their forecast!! If we get snow at midnight I will run naked through it and post pictures!

They don't update it enough. The predictions have been the same all evening & it's obvious it's not going to be like that.

Posted

Here's my forecast:

4) Steady thaw.

1. Quite possibly

2. Definitely

3. I'll go for sleet

4. Maybe

5. Of course

:cc_confused:

Posted

haha pmsl at METO Invent rainfall radar, http://www.metoffice...ent/weathermap/ looking at the jump from 11pm to Midnight is actually comical!! from dry barren land to complete saturation by their forecast!! If we get snow at midnight I will run naked through it and post pictures!

Oh dear . . . I was thinking the same but there is no way I am going to make a promise like you just incase it does snow lol

There is still a few hours for it to change direction out at sean can any 1 clarify wind speeds 30 mph and a NE ?

Wind here is roughly NE but only 7mph hasnt been more than 10mph all evening

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Think driving lessons in the snow should be a part of learning to drive. I think that the reason for all the drama around snow is due to the fear of driving in it. I dont like driving in the snow myself much but while I was having driving lessons there was no snow to drive in. Thats my thoughts anyway others may not agree. We are going to get told off for going off topic soon but with not much going on it will turn into a ghost town unless the next lot of snow comes.

The ppn starting to cross the channel seems to heading further north than me and only little showers coming towards ea

Janet x

true lessons in driving in the snow is a good thing, but sadly some people are idoits to the conditions on the roads and risk banging in to you effectively putting your car out of action for a while stopping you from work and inducing more stress!

did do a lesson yesterday and made the guy lose control just so he knows what it feels like and how to rememedy the situation!!

back to the topic if your saying the ppn is coming across the channel and heading further north than you is this a good thing?

meltz

Posted

There is still a few hours for it to change direction out at sean can any 1 clarify wind speeds 30 mph and a NE ?

NE wind at 20 mph here; temp 0 degrees, dewpoint -1

Posted

true lessons in driving in the snow is a good thing, but sadly some people are idoits to the conditions on the roads and risk banging in to you effectively putting your car out of action for a while stopping you from work and inducing more stress!

did do a lesson yesterday and made the guy lose control just so he knows what it feels like and how to rememedy the situation!!

back to the topic if your saying the ppn is coming across the channel and heading further north than you is this a good thing?

meltz

Not for us if you want snow . . .Im pretty much as north as you can get in EA . . . if it goes north of me then I cant see the south of EA getting much unless there is more behind that we cant see yet

Janet x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

lol ever say something then thought .....oops!!!

hope it snows for you then!!rofl.gif

Posted

Not for us if you want snow . . .Im pretty much as north as you can get in EA . . . if it goes north of me then I cant see the south of EA getting much unless there is more behind that we cant see yet

Janet x

I recall TEITS saying earlier today that it is possible that we will "grow our own" precipitation overnight as the front passes over the sea. Hopefully that will happen and we will not have to purely rely on that current band behaving itself!