Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & Ea Cold Spell Discussion Part 4

Posted

Indeed, it's been snowing in Norwich for the last hour despite nothing on the radar- very unusual! It hasn't really been settling though- temperatures too high and snow too light. If it gets heavier and temps stay the same it should settle.

I'm a bit surprised looked out side snowing had about an inch ,but looking at the radar nothing BBC weather giving warning on the news for snow up to Monday at the moment puzzled not a lot on the radars or am i missing something!!!

Posted

My kids are losing the will to live.....

No snow AGAIN in the least snow covered county in the UK called Northamptonshire

We missed all today's showers from an Wash set up.

I feel for youm here in MK today, also nada, zip!

Posted

To make a change from the bickering on here, I have a question, What is the reason behind the mild temps (compared to those forecast)? Is it just cloud cover or something front wise travelling in from the east?

What's your temp down there?

Posted

Oh well, the cold spell brought us nothing and seems like the warmer spell won't either

So much promise and no result, comparable to a great night out with a really hot lady that all ends with a peck on the cheek

Well this is Britain,it can`t please everyone, all the time, sometimes we just have to be a little more patient,tomorrow should bring a good result for a LOT of people, i think you will be happier tomorrow! :)

Edited by Frank

Posted

What's your temp down there?

Last check +0.2 degrees!

Posted

I'm a bit surprised looked out side snowing had about an inch ,but looking at the radar nothing BBC weather giving warning on the news for snow up to Monday at the moment puzzled not a lot on the radars or am i missing something!!!

Yes -saw that too and was a bit puzzled. Not even a mention of some higher temps around. Their graphics showed much more precipitation than the radar currently depicts.

Posted

I find it funny that last weekend and most of this week we were all looking forward to the friday, saturday and sunday event. I mysself never expected anything out of wednesdays event and expected rather alot for this weekend. Very gutted. Looks like i am going to have to work hard to get my english coursework done for monday as i was expecting a snowday. cray.gif

Posted

Temperature now falling slightly here to 0C after an earlier rise to 1C.

John

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Yea Tiny Bill must admit i am a bit puzzled myself the radar is fizzling out and the temp has gone up to 1.0c :)

Posted

Well this is Britain,it can`t please everyone, all the time, sometimes we just have to be a little more patient,tomorrow should bring a good result for a LOT of people, i think you will be happier tomorrow! smile.gif

No offence Frank but I know that I for one having been waiting for "tomorrow" for about a week now... it always seem to be our turn tomorrow :) Reminds me of a sign I saw in a pub once "Free beer tomorrow"..and as we all know, tomorrow never comes!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Temperature now falling slightly here to 0C after an earlier rise to 1C.

John

Good news.cool.gif

Posted

I'm in Walpole -so opposite ends of PE14 - in that case you could get a foot of snow and me nothing or vice versa!!! Strange the way it goes....I have been trying to read the models for the past month or so, reading educational threads etc and I am still none the wiser whistling.gif

On the other hand, experience tells me:

1. We will get a dusting, occassionally, no warning.
  2. If we are predicted snow (particularly by the BBC) - we won't get any.
  3. Our roads won't be gritted - whatever the weather, and our bins won't be collected - whatever the weather
  4. However much snow I get it won't be enough!!!!!!

x x x:p

Fab 6th post, keep it up!!

Posted

No offence Frank but I know that I for one having been waiting for "tomorrow" for about a week now... it always seem to be our turn tomorrow :) Reminds me of a sign I saw in a pub once "Free beer tomorrow"..and as we all know, tomorrow never comes!

No offence taken, this is Britain and these rare setups are unpredictable even to teh experienced forcaster who do their best to suss out what`s most likely to happen. I agree with you regarding "tomorrow" but we all just have to be patient and wait and see. British weather can be very unpredictable at times and at the end of the day the WEATHER will do what the WEATHER wants regardless!

I too have been dissapointed a few times, but thats life!

Posted

Oh well, the cold spell brought us nothing and seems like the warmer spell won't either

So much promise and no result, comparable to a great night out with a really hot lady that all ends with a peck on the cheek

:unsure:

Posted

Cricket?? lol laugh.gif

Empathise with you being on the roads, my Dad drives for Sainsburys and driving a 40ft in this weather is not great xx

No not the best conditions for us HGV drivers..all it takes is Me putting my brakes on and the trailer carrying on..aka JACK KNIFE

How many will be moaning stuck behind me.rolleyes.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

No offence taken, this is Britain and these rare setups are unpredictable even to teh experienced forcaster who do their best to suss out what`s most likely to happen. I agree with you regarding "tomorrow" but we all just have to be patient and wait and see. British weather can be very unpredictable at times and at the end of the day the WEATHER will do what the WEATHER wants regardless!

I too have been dissapointed a few times, but thats life!

Words of wisdom.

Night all!

Edited by Speed67

Posted

No not the best conditions for us HGV drivers..all it takes is Me putting my brakes on and the trailer carrying on..aka JACK KNIFE

Can be hard enough keeping a car in a straight line so have my total respect driving a HGV

Janet x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

Rmgfs188.gif

I am still a little worried about marginality for tomorrow; from my limited knowledge we need dewpoints at 0 or below for snow to fall; the above dewpoint chart for tomorrow midday shows that it could be pretty close.

Presumably this is why the METO forecasts talk of "sleet and snow" for tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

do agree with you and i bet little or no sympathy from the boss!!! been there too mate. pardon.gif

Posted

Well I wont be LN thats for sure! My Dad always say that, bloody skateboards (aka cars) moan about us lorries but they'd soon moan if there was no milk and bread in the shops! lol

take care on the road x

EDIT: Typos!

Edited by Mrsf16

Posted

1.8c now . . if it carried on like this all night it will be 10c by morning!!

Yes i know im a dramaqueen just just prefer if temps were -1.8c when we have ppn supposed to be heading this way overnight!

Janet