Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Can't really tell whether it's snowing lightly or not because the winds blowing the snow around from the road and trees. Outside sink pipe has burst because I didn't empty the sink pan overnight and so lightly trickles and expanded in the pipe.

A terrible attempt at DIY to come next week me thinks.

Posted

Well i have now made up my mind i am sticking with the Sky News Weather and not the bbc No snow was forecasted by the bbc until late this evening. Sky said that we would see snow all be it light from mid day onwards and they was 100% right light snow and high winds. Bit cheesed off that Surrey are going to miss the heavy snow tonight and tomorrow just our luck lol

Posted

are you impying I deserve to be ridiculed for asking a polite question?

Surely not from a moderator?

Hi, I believe those from Essex are meant to be posting in EA discussion as strictly speaking Essex is in East Anglia

Posted

Can anyone please tell me are we in Brighton going to see any real amounts of snow today as its doing nothing at the mo and i am getting rather bored and frustratedgirl_devil.gif

Erm, there's heavy snow outside right now.

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

It is amazing the number of neighbours out clearing their paths. Little do they know!!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Much thicker flakes now in herne bay....been snowing on and off all day but not much accumulation...hopefully temeperatures are dipping rapidly now and my snow will stop slowly melting!

Noticed that , the flakes are getting bigger it must've been a little sleety around herne bay earlier.

Posted

Seems it is still diverting around the east Kent area at the moment, or going over our heads...

You must be just missing it but not by far, we've been getting dumped on over here and it's still snowing, goes between light and heavy bursts.

The radar for south east and EA looks identical to the lake effect we get over here around the great lakes.

Now you mention it yes it does! It just keeps building off the channel.

Out come the snow men builders:

Posted

Light to Moderate snow in C London...

No idea If we will get anything substantial though...

Thoughts Anyone??

Snizzle stopped and now clearing skys here. . . the steering winds are NNNE at this moment so there is little chance of the heavy stuff making it here but later we may get a bit more than snizzle as we move round to a North Easterly. However the annoyingly accurate MetO Invent rainfall projections appear to break up the bands into flecks as they move across London later :wallbash:

Winds switch to direct Easterly early Monday which looks like being to late for us. . . best hope is for some sort of surprise, last minute turn of events to bring us in to play.

Posted

Erm, there's heavy snow outside right now.

i am in mile oak and its just light snow here?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

24hr accumulation chart showing my location.'

hiradarzoomv42CAGQC6NK.png

Speaks volumes I think.

A level 6 inches out there now and it's starting to seriously drift around.

Posted

Hi, I believe those from Essex are meant to be posting in EA discussion as strictly speaking Essex is in East Anglia

If you look under the 3 counties header - Essex is not listed. Essex users on that thread are referred to this one.

Posted

i am in mile oak and its just light snow here?

Oh, I'm the other side of town, just off Lewes Road in Brighton, near the Sainsbury's. It keeps ranging in terms of strength of precipitation but I'd call it heavy right now.

Posted

Amazing scenes here in Colchester, Heavy blowing snow!

Got to come back over colchester at about 6 to collect my girlfriend, whats the roads like? coming from Braintree, its not to bad this way, snowing but nothing to heavy.

Posted

We're up to 3 inches here in South Woodham. more than we got in the 00s. most since 1991 I believe.

Edited by AtlanticFlamethrower

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

Afternoon coasty, Afternoon all.

Well this, frankly is getting crazy now in Eastbourne.

I can honestly say i cant remember such persistant and heavy(ish) snow for such a long period here and i can remember 87 etc very well. By the sounds of it we seem to be getting the brunt of it here, il try to post a few pics in a bit. Waaahoooo.

Cough, ehem excuse me.

Posted

Well i have now made up my mind i am sticking with the Sky News Weather and not the bbc No snow was forecasted by the bbc until late this evening. Sky said that we would see snow all be it light from mid day onwards and they was 100% right light snow and high winds. Bit cheesed off that Surrey are going to miss the heavy snow tonight and tomorrow just our luck lol

Tell me about it, all the time we have a north easterly we wont see much though

Posted

Snow here is like a thick drizzle but blowing around in an increasing north easterly. Still around 15cm of lying snow here, perhaps slightly more. Pavements not iced yet - there is still some give in the snow to allow for some grip. My crampons are on standby though - wore them before Christmas on the verglas-like streets of Reigate, having last used them in the Scottish Highlands a few years back. I have to say I had not expected to use them in anger again, let alone in Surrey.

AS