Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

tonights and tomorrows snow is not coming in as a front. It is basically moist air that will form showers of snow -particularly over the high ground. Evidence of that happening is already occuring on rain today. Have patience all you snowbies. Keep the lampost watching and you will see. laughs...True. But for me I am off to bed and will peep out the window if I get up in the night:-)

Lol, i won't be peeping out until the morning when i wake up.

Posted

snow is making DEFINITE movement towards my location here now on the radar. still around 20-25 miles N/NE, but a lot closer than it was.

Posted

Cold spell is OVER!!!

snow this week is over exaggerated and limited to a small amount on the highest hills early in week

By next weekend we will be looking forward to wearing our normal winter gear - t-shirts and raincoats!!

GFS has nailed this cold spell, the biggest downgrade in the past 4 weeks - and only at 3 days... don't be telling me 3 days is fantasy land, these charts have been hinting at this for 4 days now

The question is - when will the chaps on the tv actual say - milder weather on the way!!

bit of an anticlimax really, especially all the forecasted snow this week,... out with a wimpe rthis is what i ust saw in the model discussion board !!!!

Edited by mickeyflyn

Posted

Still snowing here i expect it not to stop know the cloud that is thick is full of it, there is alot of doom and gloom coming rom yes the South EAST and because temps have increased a degree or too on the coast this spell is over, Bollucks, of course the sea will modify it, its a WARM front what do they expect? Luckily or us it will be travelling over cool surface and the temps wont really change and they will drop of again in the south east they've only risen a raction above freezin or so and tehre is a SLOW THAW, nonsense. People are becoming to frustrated and their expectations are too high.

what the hell u going on about.

the front is an upper warm front so it has absolutely no correlation to temperatures at ground level

Cold spell is OVER!!!

snow this week is over exaggerated and limited to a small amount on the highest hills early in week

By next weekend we will be looking forward to wearing our normal winter gear - t-shirts and raincoats!!

GFS has nailed this cold spell, the biggest downgrade in the past 4 weeks - and only at 3 days... don't be telling me 3 days is fantasy land, these charts have been hinting at this for 4 days now

The question is - when will the chaps on the tv actual say - milder weather on the way!!

bit of an anticlimax really, especially all the forecasted snow this week,... out with a wimper

lol

idiot!!!!!

Posted

Cold spell is OVER!!!

bit of an anticlimax really, especially all the forecasted snow this week,... out with a wimperthis is what i ust saw in the model discussion board !!!!

now, where have I seen that before, hmmm?

you need to be careful mate, might be considered spamming!

Posted

snow is making DEFINITE movement towards my location here now on the radar. still around 20-25 miles N/NE, but a lot closer than it was.

yes mate been watching that want belong before it hits ebbw vale and merthyr area

keeping an eye on the web cam for merthyr

Posted

what the hell u going on about.

the front is an upper warm front so it has absolutely no correlation to temperatures at ground level

lol

idiot!!!!!

Ah yes your rite My head is spun out readin all the model threads and recently it's full of nonsense atm. No need to be like that though is there.

Posted
  • Location: Upper Cwmbran NP44 S E Wales - 5 Miles east of Newport 150m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: SACRA member
  • Location: Upper Cwmbran NP44 S E Wales - 5 Miles east of Newport 150m ASL

Snowing here in Cwmbran ( SE Wales ) and has been for the last 2 hours.....looks like aflurry at a galance but the wind is blowing it so fast its hard to see.....its light snow and not moderate....anything will do....looking forward to the next 48 hours !!

Posted

Snowing here in Cwmbran ( SE Wales ) and has been for the last 2 hours.....looks like aflurry at a galance but the wind is blowing it so fast its hard to see.....its light snow and not moderate....anything will do....looking forward to the next 48 hours !!

funny u say my father just came from pontypool [waunddu] he said it is snowing there also where he lives in croesy [north rd ]

[he phoned]

Posted

Ah yes your rite My head is spun out readin all the model threads and recently it's full of nonsense atm. No need to be like that though is there.

wans not calling you an idiot btw, just the the other poster.

have not seen anything in the model output or (more importantly) fax and meto hi res updates that suggest any return to mild in the reliable future.

it is wise to be careful who's model analysis you read as there are a lot of inaccurate interpretations. we are in a complex spell of weather and not all of the usual rules from the last 4 or 5 winters apply with regards to synoptical set up.

I would be very surprised (using latest met faxes 96 and 120) if there was not a widespread fall of 20-30cm of snow over south wales, south west , and southern central england during the middle of this week.

bring on the snow

cheers

DD

Posted

yes mate been watching that want belong before it hits ebbw vale and merthyr area

keeping an eye on the web cam for merthyr

yeah, weirdly a bit of snow just popped up past us here between port talbot and swansea too. i think this snow is just going to turn up out of thin air! :D

edit - having said that, just looked out the window to see the odd flake flying around.

Edited by bennytes

Posted

yeah, weirdly a bit of snow just popped up past us here between port talbot and swansea too. i think this snow is just going to turn up out of thin air! :D

edit - having said that, just looked out the window to see the odd flake flying around.

it looks that way

been looking at the radars very closely it seems they seem to be coming to life everywhere

been wacthing the brecon 1 very close looks like it is going to merge with the malvern 1

let the fun begin

Posted

yeah, definite steady but VERY light snow falling here now.

Posted

yes i see wot u mean on the radar i got it over cwmafan

it looks that way

been looking at the radars very closely it seems they seem to be coming to life everywhere

been wacthing the brecon 1 very close looks like it is going to merge with the malvern 1

let the fun begin

seems i was right they have merged

Posted

wans not calling you an idiot btw, just the the other poster.

have not seen anything in the model output or (more importantly) fax and meto hi res updates that suggest any return to mild in the reliable future.

it is wise to be careful who's model analysis you read as there are a lot of inaccurate interpretations. we are in a complex spell of weather and not all of the usual rules from the last 4 or 5 winters apply with regards to synoptical set up.

I would be very surprised (using latest met faxes 96 and 120) if there was not a widespread fall of 20-30cm of snow over south wales, south west , and southern central england during the middle of this week.

bring on the snow

cheers

DD

I never said anything about mild coming back in quite the opposite mate read my post again :( it was a rant against those saying that.

Posted

I never said anything about mild coming back in quite the opposite mate read my post again :( it was a rant against those saying that.

Think we may have somehow crossed our wires lol.

agree totally with your last post.

a very interesting week ahead imo