Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mondy

Deletion Of Posts

Here's an idea.

Instead of deleting posts - which sometimes people take time to construct - why not set up a "discarded posting area"?

All replies which are "Off Topic" or in wrong place (but still weather related) are sent to this area instead of being wantonly deleted, which surely provokes the poster, especially if they think they have written someting worthwhile, or even just to make light of a serious model discussion thread.

:)

Here's an idea.

Instead of deleting posts - which sometimes people take time to construct - why not set up a "discarded posting area"?

All replies which are "Off Topic" or in wrong place (but still weather related) are sent to this area instead of being wantonly deleted, which surely provokes the poster, especially if they think they have written someting worthwhile, or even just to make light of a serious model discussion thread.

:whistling:

As you know Col, we have several different threads set up for various types of posts. We do move posts rather than delete posts. But we are not a nanny service and people should take a little responsibility for their posts. The more thoughtful posts are kept, the one liners/spam/posts from people who have been warned several times and just do the same thing time and time again are binned. Simple.

You should know exactly how it works by now mate.. :D

seen this done before, brilliant idea mondy

Oh, I know alright - it is exactly why I started this thread :cold:

Although, OT or not, I'd like to think most of my own posts have a little substance to them and are more than "one-liners or spam"..

However, I understand the mods' job is hard enough nowadays without me or someone else making a comment on a respected weather board which may come across as offensive/comical/indifferent, depending on how nanny-state minded they are. It was just an idea, mind :)

seen this done before, brilliant idea mondy

Yeah, sometimes it can work out very funny indeed - each spammed/deleted comment is sent to the "naughty area" and eventually becomes an addiction just to see what was spammed.. :help:

If you saw the contents of the Mods trash can, you might think again! :D

If you saw the contents of the Mods trash can, you might think again! :whistling:

And that's just the mod's trash can, the normal member's trash can is even worse :help:

It was bad enough three years ago in my wee stint as a mod, I would imagine that it is 10 times worse now with the huge increase in forum membership since then.