Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & Se England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather of any type.

LOL !!!

Lucky Lucky Kent, I bet they are all having fun down there. :good:

Not all of us! I think i'd rather be miles away instead of within spitting distance! Frustrating much! :D

Posted

Moderate snowfall here now. Some drifting in a freshening NE. Looks like we might catch a lot of that band. drinks.gif

congrats on your windfall, plz pass it west once your done with it.

many thankswhistling.gif

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Definitely some slight westward movement in the shower train across Kent, could be under it in a few hours if it keeps going into the night :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

Sorry to boast, and I do feel sorry for all you guys that are missing out on this streamer, but here in Ashford, it's total snowmageddon! It just won't quit!

Posted

Hey guys,

I see some ppn showing on the GFS for tomorrow night going in to sunday morning over South England. Is this meant to be the snow event that I've heard for Sunday. I've heard some reference to sleet/wet snow....! I also thought it was going to be Sunday night?

So at the moment what is the story with regards to this. I understand it's a low in France coming up to us, looking at it, tomorrow night in to Sunday. Like the Tuesday night snow, albeit less intense?

I can't really read the models that well yet. After seeing the BBC forecast it would suggest the snow will be kept futher SE. And will not be the snow event first thought for us! A few showers maybe nothing special!?

Thanks to anyone who does reply!

Posted

LOL !!!

Nothing here it seems, just passing us down towards the south east. Lucky Lucky Kent, I bet they are all having fun down there. :drinks:

Not all fun in Kent, it's passing just to the NW of here

Posted

Currently the streamer is sliding westwards-( in a sw direction)

If I was in sittingbourne & all points sw I would be setting up the recliner by the window-

S

shall do, usually I get whatever Sittingbourne gets from these shower trains in the past few days. Could be a couple of hours before it actually gets there though.

Good luck to you Steve for tonight onwards, you deserve some snow :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: We've hit the giant daddy jackpot!

congrats on your windfall, plz pass it west once your done with it.

many thankswhistling.gif

I think you'll see some before the night is out, I'm sure.smile.gif

Posted

ggrrrr!!! winds just west of north here, had about 1cm around 4pm but thats all - this is very annoying but obviously heaven for a fine band of people in Kent! I thought the winds were meant to be NE today? anyway looks like there is a streamer to the north closer to the coast, maybe more luck??

Posted

Sorry to boast, and I do feel sorry for all you guys that are missing out on this streamer, but here in Ashford, it's total snowmageddon! It just won't quit!

M20 J10 camera http://www.bbc.co.uk...c_new_southeast :drinks:

Edited by Lazarus

Posted

Hey guys,

I see some ppn showing on the GFS for tomorrow night going in to sunday morning over South England. Is this meant to be the snow event that I've heard for Sunday. I've heard some reference to sleet/wet snow....! I also thought it was going to be Sunday night?

So at the moment what is the story with regards to this. I understand it's a low in France coming up to us, looking at it, tomorrow night in to Sunday. Like the Tuesday night snow, albeit less intense?

I can't really read the models that well yet. After seeing the BBC forecast it would suggest the snow will be kept futher SE. And will not be the snow event first thought for us! A few showers maybe nothing special!?

Thanks to anyone who does reply!

Based on my limited knowledge I would say London and areas west look like missing out, at least on the heavier stuff. Gut instinct just tells me this wont be a major event, but it could still change...

Posted

On the BBC website they have said that from Essex to Brighton you could get 7 inches of snow from Sunday into Monday. They also said that these two areas were in South London so they don't know which thread to put these in either.

Looking at the predicted flow I think they are about right If you draw a line from Romford maybe a bit further up down to Brighton and the expand outside by about 50 miles. Anywhere outside of this will get 2-7 cm but this is just my guess work plus a little bit of help from Ows.Sembach.

In their earlier evening forecast it was due to start in the SE corner and spread across the UK into Midlands and Wales on Sunday. This not happening now then? Huge backtrack if it isn't...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Really hot or really cold

Right everyone to ashford :drinks:

Posted

You deserve it mate, you don't seem to have had quite as much as further west over west Kent over recent days - from what my parents tell me your way. Quietly confident the snow train will edge this way.

Posted

ggrrrr!!! winds just west of north here, had about 1cm around 4pm but thats all - this is very annoying but obviously heaven for a fine band of people in Kent! I thought the winds were meant to be NE today? anyway looks like there is a streamer to the north closer to the coast, maybe more luck??

I've definitely got faith the band's gonna stay organised and slide to the West enough to get here - fingers and toes crossed!

Wow! Look at that M20 camera! So jealous!!

Posted

I'm a mile from that webcam

Put the kettle on :p

Edited by Lazarus

Posted

jelous! even the snow for tommorow night still doesnt look guareented! maybe if my area misses out on the snow tonight which looks very likely then least we should get very low temps under clear skys tonight currently - 4 here in west sussex!